“Okay stay!”

Ranked #150 of 670 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Cochabamba, Bolivia
“Okay stay!”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We did expect little for the price and that's what we got. We choose the hotel because of the good and quick connection from the airport. Actually nobody said how far it is to walk from the railway station which connects to the airport, and the hotel website indicates a five minutes distance but this means by car!! In the map it seemed to be close but with laguage better take a cab!! Room was clean and had Wifi. But there was this big motorway bridge passing just 150mts. from the hotel which was an annoying noise at night! The breakfast was too little, but once again we did not expected much for the price.
The streets around the hotel are busy and there is street food as well as food stalls in the near by malls. I guess there are better hotel options close to the airport so I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bolivia-Online

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Thai first
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 27 October 2012

It was my fifth trip to Bangkok and staying at the JL Bangkok. Actually, I feel like coming home. The hotel management and staff, the cozy ambiance, smiles and welcoming attitude, JLB is certainly the best place to relax and get to know Thai wonderful people. I enjoy being able to walk around the neighborhood, “window shopping” through dozens of vendors along the sideways, or at the two close by malls, visiting the temple across the street and to go around the city I may take the river taxi two blocks away from JLB, or an inexpensive taxi …your choice: car or motorcycle.

Good food is also a JL Bangkok attraction that goes beyond exotic tastes. A meal at JLB is enriched by a family like environment regardless of the language and culture barriers.
Definitely, if you are looking for fanciness and extravagance then JLB is not your place. If you want comfort and respectful friendliness “the Thai people way” all the signs point to JL Bangkok.

Room Tip: Corner suites
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2012

very happy here .had an upgraded room was clean and basic don't expect to much its a room with a tv and aircon ,could not complain about anything
this area is pretty cool cheap clothes if your small and food cheap but very busy city road
100 meter walk to supermarket
great place i going back again

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Just completing my third extended stay at JL Bangkok and have no reason to change the great reviews I have written before. My room, as before, was large and comfortable. In fact, I've been in a number of rooms and have not seen a single one I would not stay in. Staff does a wonderful job of keeping everything clean and neat. In fact, the whole staff (front desk, restaurant, room maids) is remarkable: friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I conclude from the awards from Trip Advisor which they proudly display in the lobby that I am not the only one who likes the place. It has become my home in Bangkok and I hope to return often.

Room Tip: I personally prefer the 5th floor rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Papa_Sid
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was my second time in Bangkok. I teach at nearby Ramkhamhaeng University and the hotel is convenient enough that I can walk to the campus if I feel like it. As others have said, you will enjoy your stay here. The hotel staff is very knowledgable about Bangkok, the local area and transportation. The rooms are kept clean ans room service is quick and efficient. Breakfast is well prepared and I have always found another traveler to talk with if I wanted to. Other important things to know about this fine family owned hotel is that there are two movie theaters and a mall within a 5 minute walking distance of the hotel. If you go to the mall check out the basement floor which has a number of medium priced restaurants and a food market. If you need to go into town grab a cab to the Airport Link (50 BHT) and within 30 minutes you will be in the heart of Bangkok. For the price and service you get at JL Bangkok, you cannot find much better.

Room Tip: 4th floor is quite.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CollegeProfessor56
london
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I enjoyed staying at this hotel very much, it was my first time in bangkok and so the friendly staff really made it feel like family. If I ever come back to bangkok, I will choose this hotel again. The staff were very helpful and did the best in their power to make us feel comfortable, plus the food they served was fresh and tasty, and these two are major things for me in a hotel when I'm on my own.

Room Tip: The rooms in floor 5 were good as we stayed in two of them.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank atiyeh a
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I had fully enjoyed my time there during my stay approx. 3 weeks. You will have a good access to transport, and clean & cozy rooms as well as friendly and supportive staff. Food @ its restaurant was also great.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends