“Relaxing Hideaway in Bangkok”
Review of JL Bangkok

JL Bangkok
Ranked #166 of 733 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Great location with a 20 baht bus (20 min. walk) to the Skytrain, it makes it easy to get around. The biggest bonus is the friendly & helpful staff, who really make you feel welcome. Good price for a squeaky clean room.This will become our spot as we transit Bangkok...Thanks

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Girdwood_AlaskaSgd

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Firstly location. Great location for the airport. From the skytrain is a 50 baht taxi ride or a 20 minute walk, but everything you need is within walking distance of the hotel. Supermarket, cinema, shops, restaurants etc. Apart from the cinema however there is little else to do in the evenings unless you are prepared to take a taxi or skytrain ride.
Congratulations to the staff at JL, very friendly and welcoming and will go out of their way to help with any problems. I was having great difficulties booking onward flights and hotels but with JL's vauable help I got the problems sorted out.
My room was great, good size with a large queen or king size bed and was very clean. I had one evening meal in the downstairs restaurant and this was well prepared and good value.
Just a few niggles stops me from giving this hotel a higher rating and they are just minor niggles but I feel I should mention them so that future guests are aware of them before they arrive. Firstly there is no soap in the bathroom, just a very small bottle of shower gel, which for a couple would hardly last a day. Being a traditionalist I do like soap so my first purchase at the 7/11 was a bar of soap. Also the shower is electric and the water pressure is very poor.
Breakfast was adequate although the food was served luke warm at best, cold fried egg is not the choicest of food ! But there was a reasonable selection,
Please be aware that although your booking agent may have taken your credit card details, like mine did; at check out i found that payment had not been made by credit card and I had to pay the bill in cash which meant a speedy trip to the atm.
All in all JL was good value for money, but i have to admit that the shower and location might just make me look for an alternative hotel next time. But thank you JL staff, you were great !

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I recently visited Bangkok on a business trip and stayed at "one of the most relaxing and comfortable" Hotel I can remember for a long time. for the price and the convenient location having access to department stores and of course 7-eleven, there is even a mall close by. The hotel restaurant served excellent food and seemed to be very clean, the service was fantastic. For the money and a most comfortable and enjoyable stay in Bangkok, Try the JL Bangkok.

Room Tip: The single room with a queen size bed was great. Other folks I talked to that stayed on the opposite...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Karl D
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We did expect little for the price and that's what we got. We choose the hotel because of the good and quick connection from the airport. Actually nobody said how far it is to walk from the railway station which connects to the airport, and the hotel website indicates a five minutes distance but this means by car!! In the map it seemed to be close but with laguage better take a cab!! Room was clean and had Wifi. But there was this big motorway bridge passing just 150mts. from the hotel which was an annoying noise at night! The breakfast was too little, but once again we did not expected much for the price.
The streets around the hotel are busy and there is street food as well as food stalls in the near by malls. I guess there are better hotel options close to the airport so I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bolivia-Online
Reviewed 27 October 2012

It was my fifth trip to Bangkok and staying at the JL Bangkok. Actually, I feel like coming home. The hotel management and staff, the cozy ambiance, smiles and welcoming attitude, JLB is certainly the best place to relax and get to know Thai wonderful people. I enjoy being able to walk around the neighborhood, “window shopping” through dozens of vendors along the sideways, or at the two close by malls, visiting the temple across the street and to go around the city I may take the river taxi two blocks away from JLB, or an inexpensive taxi …your choice: car or motorcycle.

Good food is also a JL Bangkok attraction that goes beyond exotic tastes. A meal at JLB is enriched by a family like environment regardless of the language and culture barriers.
Definitely, if you are looking for fanciness and extravagance then JLB is not your place. If you want comfort and respectful friendliness “the Thai people way” all the signs point to JL Bangkok.

Room Tip: Corner suites
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2012

very happy here .had an upgraded room was clean and basic don't expect to much its a room with a tv and aircon ,could not complain about anything
this area is pretty cool cheap clothes if your small and food cheap but very busy city road
100 meter walk to supermarket
great place i going back again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Just completing my third extended stay at JL Bangkok and have no reason to change the great reviews I have written before. My room, as before, was large and comfortable. In fact, I've been in a number of rooms and have not seen a single one I would not stay in. Staff does a wonderful job of keeping everything clean and neat. In fact, the whole staff (front desk, restaurant, room maids) is remarkable: friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I conclude from the awards from Trip Advisor which they proudly display in the lobby that I am not the only one who likes the place. It has become my home in Bangkok and I hope to return often.

Room Tip: I personally prefer the 5th floor rooms