Came here for a special occasion. We started with two glasses of Prosecco. We ordered: Fra Gras with Mango compos, Risottos with prawns, Lobster Bisque, and Rib Eye.
- Lobster bisque was excellent. Since it was split between the two we left wanting more. Our fault.
- Service manager was polite. He came to apologized for the hot dining room. He was sweating while he was explaining it to me. He said the AC is being fixed and should be working in 10 mins.
-It was hot in there. It must have been at least 30 Celsius in there. Turn out the AC was down.
- Fra Gras was ok. The mango compos that came with it was too sour. Didn't really tasted the sweetness of mango. If I was in US I can understand but Bangkok has the most delicious mangos here, why didn't I tasted that?
- Glasses were left empty. I feel like I'm at a dimsum restaurant having to looking around for waiter for more water and Prosecco. Once I ordered it took almost 10 mins for it to arrive. So I was left thirty for 30 mins. Unacceptable.
- Risotto flavor was bland, and gummy. If it's serve with prawn I should be able to taste the prawn flavor in risotto, assuming Chef was using Prawn stock. I just tasted Parmesan Cheese. I took two bites and that was enough.
- Rib eye... couldn't tasted the beef. I'm sorry to say this but it tasted like a burger patty. That dish was 2100 Bahts ( $65). I was hungry so feel like I was forcing myself to eat it. I ate 1/3 of it then gave up.
Our bill was 7600 bahts, about $235 US. that's great that he apologized while I'm sweating and eating. But how about comp a a dish, cut the fee by 1/2, something. Talk is cheap, action speaks louder.
I understand how hard it is to run a restaurant. Really I do, I used to have one. But if you're going to charge this price and want to be in the big league then your standard is unacceptable.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.