D Varee Diva Bally Silom, Bangkok
Le Siam Hotel(Bangkok)
  • Fitness centre
Bavana Hotel(Bangkok)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdj stationnight marketsaladaeng bts stationgay clubmaster controlextra pillowstv channels arestreet foodelectric kettlefifth floorbed was comfortableshopping complexboutique hotelbreakfast staffrecommend this hotelnoisy at nighthigh floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here for a week during my last trip to Bangkok and find it easy to access with BTS and MRT station within 2- 3 minutes walk. The rooms are reasonably clean and decent pricing.

If you plan to stay at this hotel- make arrangement for early check in if you plan to arrive before 13:00 hrs local time which is the hotel check in time. We have to wait for nearly 5 hours to check in since we were not aware of this before and no alternate arrangement was possible on arrival. While checking out, we asked for late check out and even with payment for half a day room rent, we were asked to checked out by 6 pm though our initial request was to check out by 8 pm. Totally annoyed with their check in and check out systems. Some of the rooms are quite dark and noisy till late at night.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mel_blaze
BALLY-SUKH, Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that having you with us on the recent stay, unfortunately at the night time did not make you feel comfortable due to the party next block. Our room has a double glass windows but somehow frustrated you in noise prevention we have to apologies. Thank you again for choosing us as your preferred hotel on last visit, Should we have a new occasion to rectify your experience would be our most appreciation.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Strategically located at Silom Soi 2 (right in front of Silom Station Sky Train). Room is spacious, clean, well-maintained and reasonably priced. The hotel is sandwhiched between Burger King on the left and a night club on the right. It can be noisy at night depending on where your room is located (high floor is recommended). Easy to go anywhere with Sky Train (Silom Station) and MRT (underground) is right in front of the hotel. The famous Patpong Night Market is few minutes away on foot.

Fast food and good restaurants are everywhere even pharmacies and convenient stores. A newly renovated Silom Complex (Shopping Mall) is across the street. And at night, the walkways will be become Night Market selling from souveniers, foods, to clothing, toys and even jeweleries, etc.

Just a standard hotel with just a small "coffee shop" at the rooftop to cater for breakfast. No gym and no swimming pool, which is ok for me.

Room Tip: High floor facing the front as at night can be very noisy from the night Club next buidling.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GunTaRek

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your nice review. I am looking forward to the pleasure of opportunity to welcome you back again and recommend you to request for the high floor with no window for next time to avoid the noise.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Found this hotel by default because of last minute plan changes and everything within my desired price range (1,500-2,000 baht) was completely booked!! I have usual hotels I stay in when I'm in Bangkok but my loyalties were not enough to get a room, so my friend who is a local helped me search for vacancies.

Bally's was running a special for their standard rooms for 1,500 baht per night and the pictures online seemed ideal, clean and modern.

The place is literally in the heart of Silom, right at the BTS (sky train) Silom station, right across from the Silom shopping mall, and next to the Patpong district (for those interested in that type of stuff: saunas and sex clubs). It's not dodgy or scary at all, it's just busy and not ideal if you are easily offended - and you'll only notice it at night. During the day, it's just another business district with vendors, mall shoppers, restaurants.

The hotel itself is small, discrete. When you go there, look for the Burger King. It's next to it. Otherwise it's hard to tell because of how busy it is.
The only thing I found odd is that the rooms had no windows, so it was strange to wake up in complete darkness and not know what time it was. But then again, due to the location, it might be too noisy if the rooms had windows.

No amenities that make this place special, it's just a small, discrete, clean, hotel in the middle of a 24 hour district. Would recommend this hotel solely based on its location. If you're the type to only be in your hotel room to sleep and are out exploring the entire day, this is best. If you're on holiday to spend 50% of your time in the room, then look elsewhere.

Annoyance: They charge 3% for using a credit card to pay. LAME!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank IreneParAvion

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time schedule to write us constructive feedback. Please accept my apology for unexpected experience during stay with us, I myself address to the team including department heads in order to find out and prevent for the future reoccurrence. We're strive to provide a quality services unfortunately, you did not meet and face depression, On behalf of the management and staff, please allow me to convey our apologies, Should I have another occasion to rectify your experience, please drop me your separate email into hotel website. I would be more happy to welcome and looking forward to corrective your experience.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Pros : I have requested additional bed in the bed which fit nicely beside the Queen Bed. Clean room & toilet c/w hairdryer, kettle, DVD player & LCD TV. Entertainment & night market last until 2am. Next to Sala Daeng & Silom Station, easily access to many destinations.

Cons: Soft music still can be heard on 6th Floor until 2am, still bearable. Hot shower is not even warm at all.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms without window, perhaps can cut off the noise/music for those who can't bear.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RosliW
BALLY-SUKH, Manager at D Varee Diva Bally Silom, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback after stay at Bally’s Studio Suites and hope that you would have a wonderful experience on your trip. We regret for not being able to accommodate the best, please allow me to express my sincere apology for the inconvenience during stay with us. Our engineering team has schedule right away to repair and check others to ensure the best accommodation. Should we have the pleasure of opportunity to welcome you back again, it would be our most appreciation.

Best regards,
Kaewta T.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

The studio (which isn't really a studio) is a small and comfortable room. Well located specially for those who like to party a lot. But if you're looking for a place to have a good sleep during the night forget about it. My room was just next door to the club DJ Station which works 7 days a week. Yes, 7 days a week.
For the price you pay here for not sleeping well during the night you'd better choose somewhere else.
My friend and I stayed here because we came from Chiang Mai with no hotel booked. We wanted to stay at Silom area but quite regretted he fact we stayed here because it is really noisy.
Overall: very average.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BFalce

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time schedule to write us constructive feedback. Please accept my apology for unexpected experience during stay with us, Our room has a double glass windows but somehow frustrated you in noise prevention we have to apologies. Thank you again for choosing us as your preferred hotel on last visit, Should we have a new occasion to rectify your experience would be our most appreciation.

Kaewta T.