1,403 results
All reviews khaosan road rooftop pool air con noisy at night party street khao san perfect location free wifi standard room clean rooms stayed here for nights noise backpackers earplugs kho nightlife
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a terrific location in Bangkok! Right in the centre of Khao San Road, however once in the room, the noise is minimal. The rooms are nice with comfortable beds, working wifi, good showers and clean bathrooms. It has a pool which is terrific. Fairly cheap aswell with friendly staff :) recommended!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
RikkaInn4you, Manager at Rikka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear toneya_8,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and I am delighted to hear your feedback about our staff.
I will be sure to share your comments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rikka Inn, Bangkok again in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is the second time I have visted this hotel and I was dissapointed the second time around.
The first time I visited was in April 2011- It was at the end of a 3 month stint around SE Asia and was luxury compared to hostels I had been staying in- GREAT LOCATION, LOVELY POOL AREA!
The second time I came I was with my boyfriend on the way to Bali for a holiday. I picked this because i knew the location was great and we were only staying a couple of nights.
I was really dissapointed with the room though- I paid for a superior and it was tiny, noisey and rubbish air con. The bathroom was really not very plesant- clean but dingy. It didnt have a window but seemed to have some kind of noisey vent thing right outside so I didnt get a great nights sleep. Aswell as the noisey vent there was a club/bar nearby and we could hear that pretty much all night.
For travellers on a budget looking for something slightly better than a hostel this is perfect but for someone with a little bit more to spend I wouldnt! Really great location and the staff friendly but rooms rubbish (obviously we might have just got a duff one). If you arent booking in advance and just turning up- have a look at the room before confirming.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura K
RikkaInn4you, Manager at Rikka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Laura K,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences occurred during your stay. We appreciate your comments and we will do our best to improve our service. And we will do our best to keep our reputation.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Since most flights into BKK from California touch down at wee hours of the morning, our only option for getting from the airport to the hotel was by taxi. I was initially a little worried about communicating the location of our hotel to our driver. But simply saying "Khao San Road" was enough and our taxi driver had us on our way.

Turns out, the hotel was extremely easy to find and the room was everything I expected it to be - Simple, clean, and right above the lively nightlife of KS Road. Even though the night revelers would party till 6AM, the noise was barely audible once the air conditioner was turned on. Though I usually prefer a room away from the street, KS road provided endless entertainment from our 4th floor bedroom window. At 4AM you could watch people selling fake ids, pad thai, t-shirts, laser lights, etc.. to the hundreds of tourists drinking the night away.

For $48/night, this place was a gem. The room was a little small, but the bed was comfy. The bathroom was clean and housekeeping did an exceptional job during our 3 nights there. Considering the affordable rate and walking proximity to many attractions, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Pick room 418 if you want a view of Khao San Road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
RikkaInn4you, Manager at Rikka Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Green L,

Many thanks for the positive feedback,
Thank you so much for reviewing us and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon. Your review will be of great use to future guests to relate our consistency of service and product.

We will certainly look forward to welcoming you again when next you visit!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Hotel located right in the centre of Khosan Road so a bit noisy as expected however not to bad managed to sleep ok even without ear plugs. Room was small but clean and tidy with everything you need for a few days stay in Bangkok. Great swimming pool on roof top with great views of Bangkok. Good value hotel in a great location, right in the centre of the action which is what we wanted to kick off our Thailand adventure!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear alichase_uk,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and I am delighted to hear your feedback about our swimming pool and good value hotel in a great location .
I will be sure to share your comments with my team.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Rikka inn was an absolute gem. Having tried to book rambuttri village and d&d inn but to no avail for our last couple of nights of our travels we decided to book Rikka inn due to its location and roof top pool.
The location is fab. Yes it's on koh san so expect some street noise. Our double room was lovely, very clean with good bathroom and safety deposit box. We were situated at the back of the hotel so the noise was minimal except when you went into our bathroom which wasn't so well sound proofed. Couldn't comment on the noise for the rooms that faced the road. (Although I'd say don't stay anywhere on koh san or rambuttri roads if you want it get total peace and quiet).
The roof top pool was beautiful, really clean, quite a few sun loungers and ridiculously good views over bangkok. (Recommend going up there when it's dark to check out the view).
Reception staff were very helpful and there was a security guard during at the front door so very secure hotel.
Had a great stay here, also nice to be able to pop back during the evening if you want to drop off bags or get changed etc.
I'd say this was a little more pricey than rambuttri or d&d but not huge amounts in it and I reckon it's worth it.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rae87,

Thank you for your most thoughtful review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is always wonderful to hear when a guest is pleased with the product and service.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely,