“Had Medical Emergency and had to cancel and leave Thailand”
Review of Rikka Inn

Rikka Inn
Ranked #343 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Liverpool, New York
“Had Medical Emergency and had to cancel and leave Thailand”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I would give a zero if it was an option. This hotel refused to refund the cost of 3 rooms booked for a week for my family. I fell and hurt my back while Sightseeing in Thailand. My family sent me back to the states to see my doctor and cancelled the vacation in Bangkok. I could understand if they charged a penalty and only gave a partial refund. I would never recommend the hotel to anyone. They would not even accept a doctor's note and refused to communicate with the booking agent I used. You can't communicate with them via telephone because their English is poor. They are in it to make money and will scam anyone to make another $1. With all the trouble they are having in Thailand you would think they would do anything to attract tourists.. The rooms are very small and overpriced and the hotel is very noisy also. The location is bad and not a good place for children. This is the perfect place for a couple or single people that want to party all night.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank k c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel, the location is absolutly great and so is the price, everything was mostly doing well beside the pool water who was green and cleaning people who just walk into your room when you re in it !! I asked to be wake up at 10 the next morning and if they could book me a taxi for 11/30 to the airport the next day, no wake up call at all thks god my alarm is loud then i got worried and asked if they actualy did book me the taxi? And they did not !!! apparently i should have paid for it the day before.. Nobody said anything to me about that, so last minute rush to get my staff ready and look myself for a taxi in the street nice !!! Then right at the check out time i ve been asked to pay for my minibar bill ( drunk a few beers/soda/water) and happy to pay for it but when i asked them why it was so expensive and give me the details of my bill i realised they over charged me big time !! I just took a bottle of water before leaving my room and it was 2 beers left in the freege after so much arguing the maids told me the fridge was empty and took my trach can downstairs and show me those 2 same beers who where in the fridge 10min ago obviously now empty.... Nice toutch !!! After been yeld at by a terribly rude old man at the reception i just decided to pay and leave since i have a plane to catch and a few hundred baths wasn t worth missing it...
I WILL NEVER GO BACK !! There is plainty of other options around ! Don t bother

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Manuel B
Management4You, Front Office Manager at Rikka Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences occurred during your stay. We appreciate your comments and we will do our best to improve our service. And we will do our best to keep our reputation.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Management Team,

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bugibba, Malta
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in many budget hotels throughout our 4 week Thailand trip within a range of 800 - 1200 Baht, but the room at Rikka Inn was by far the worst. Usually we manage to get a good deal with walk ins but were charged 1150 Baht per night for a twin and their website is showing a rate of 1050. So if you plan to stay there than book before. Our superior twin was definitely not superior. The room smelled really mouldy and felt humid. We opened the windows and put the aircon on full blast and after a few hours the smell subsided and it was ok again - only to leave the room and come back at night to have the same issue again. The room was so so small, it felt claustrophobic. I'm a light sleeper and despite ear plugs could only manage 3-4 hours a night at best. Don't get me wrong, I'm aware it's Khao San Road. I don't mind street noise/music at all, slept through all of it in Haad Rin Nok actually, but the hotel is of a low quality build and the walls are paper thin. You hear your neighbours talk, cough or even drop something on the floor. The only air ventilation in the bathroom is an opening near the ceiling where you can hear the hallway. First time having a shower I heard voices I was shocked and didn't know where they were coming from, it sounds like someone is next to you. If you can hear them I guess they can hear you, too?? Not a pleasant thought. The people that stayed at the hotel had constant parties in their room and hallway, up to 8:15am in the morning. One night we came home at 2am and saw a teenager rolling around the hallway floor half naked. Pool was always busy we never got a chance to test it. People were smoking around it lots which put us off anyway. No drinks and food allowed up there, no pool bar. Pool closes at 9pm so not too bad like other hotels. Only positive was the staff. They were the first ones to not hassle you over the room deposit and didn't try to charge us things we never consumed. Check in and check out was hassle free and friendly. I wouldn't stay there again though.

Room Tip: We had 306 - a tiny twin room that smelled really mouldy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie L
Dear guest,

Once again, thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Management Team,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I have no complaints. Rooms were clean, decent size and nicely decorated. Hotel is located smack bang in the middle of the Koh San Road so easy access to bars, restaurants and the market. Swimming pool was a little unclean and had a high level of chlorine in it but it was still nice to have the option of jumping into the pool to cool down. I would definitely stay again- good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014
Management4You, Manager at Rikka Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Greeting from Rikka Inn

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We will do our best to improve. Thank you

Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Not a bad hotel. Considering the location you can't hear the noise from the street at all which is great. You could however hear drunks coming in at 5am. The staff were as helpful as possible but their English is pretty poor so don't expect many very practical answers. If you're looking to stay on Khaosan Road this is a good option... Impersonally wish I had done my research... Next time I will be staying as far away from that road as possible.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Management4You, Manager at Rikka Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Greeting from Rikka Inn

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. It was pleasure to have you with us. We appreciate your comments and we will do our best to keep our reputation high. Thank you

Hakuba-mura, Japan
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First impressions were that this hotel looks a lot better in the photos than in reality, but overall not bad for a budget option.

Our room (418) was pretty rustic, the shower had absolutely no pressure, the bed was rather hard, and the air-con hummed - but I suppose you get what you pay for, and for $30 a night I suppose it wasn't too bad. Free wifi was pretty hopeless though with no stable connection.

The winning feature of this hotel is definitely the rooftop pool. A massive relief with all that humidity. Also located on Khao San Rd is a plus, if that's what your looking for. Had no issue with any noise from Khao San - which was because the soundproofing.

A 7-11 type convenience store, foreign exchange, and boots pharmacy at your doorstep also adds points.

Average stay, but once again not bad for a budget option.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Management4You, Manager at Rikka Inn, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Greeting from Rikka Inn

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback.We would like apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay. We appreciate your comments and we will do our best to improve. Thank you

Rikka Inn
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Right amongst the action of kaosan Rd. Cheap, clean rooms and friendly staff. Roof top pool puts it above other similar accommodation in the area for the same price. The tuk tuk drivers and suit sellers out the front are a bit annoying but that's just kaosan Rd.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple