“Very nice for a special occassion”
Review of Breeze Restaurant

Breeze Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 10,823 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Breeze was designed to revolutionize the Asian dining scene in Bangkok, taking it to a gourmet level. At Breeze, it's not just the Asian cuisine that embraces the pinnacle of grandeur, but also the design, ambience and service.Seating is high above the sea level. The view is a bird's eye glimpse of Bangkok and the Chao Phraya River that you can choose to admire from an open-air terrace or a spectacular glass sky-bridge suspended mid-air.
london uk
“Very nice for a special occassion”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We went up to have a look at the bar at the top where Hangover was filmed and was glad we booked further down on the 52nd Floor at Breeze.
Impressive entrance - you come out the lift and walk across a lilac light bridge - and down to the tables which were generously spaced.
They are very attentive - but then at these prices they should.
Expensive restaurant especially by Bangkok standards, but comparable to say a top London restaurant.
Had a lovely meal from the a la carte menu - starters and main courses with a couple of side dishes and just sparkling water came to approx 6500 thb for 2 approx £130.
They informed me they were baking us a complimentary small personaised chocolate cake for our anniversary - which was lovely.
Food was delicious and had no complaints - perfect for a special occassion with spectacular views across the city with a warm gentle breeze keeping down the humid temperature in March.

1 Thank ast1963
Ashley_Saxton, Manager at Breeze Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at Breeze. On behalf of the entire Food & Beverage team, I would like to thank you for your very kind words.

Our aim at all of our establishments at The Dome at lebua is to create the most exceptional and indulgent experience possible for our guests, and it is gratifying to know that we have met these expectations.

We hope to see you back at The Dome soon. Perhaps at that time I will have an opportunity to thank you personally.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Most spectacular view of any restaurant I've seen ... but not for those on a budget!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I will firstly say that we were quite glad we went. It is gratifying and enjoyable to rise above the hub-bub (and odour) of Bangkok street life for a while, and on the 52nd floor a gentle breeze and the view of Bangkok in the night sky is thoroughly enjoyable. The wine list is extensive and service is great; we were pleased with the 5 sauces they bring out to accompany any appetisers or mains you choose. For appetisers we had the lobster salad and dim sum basket and would highly recommend both. The sea bass main was tender (needed some of the aforementioned sauces for flavour), but I found the Kung Po duck a bit dry and thin. The staff is helpful and well-informed, and also happy to take photos of couples in various poses around the venue. A great experience in our final night in Bangkok, but at >US$200 per head with a bottle of wine it is certainly not among the "value for money" destinations!

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at Breeze. On behalf of the entire Food & Beverage team, I would like to thank you for your very kind words and constructive criticism regarding the duck which shall certainly be looked into.

Brisbane, Australia
“Spectacular”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Wow. Possibly the most amazing restaurant experience I've ever had. Food was pretty standard 5-star prices by Australian standard (which is expensive by Thai standards) and the drinks were REALLY expensive... BUT... the service, view, quality of the meal - it all is worth every penny. It's a once in a lifetime experience to dine somewhere like this and I loved it.

I also have never liked duck as it's a fatty meat, however I went out on a limb and tried the signature Breeze duck salad - it was fabulous. I may never again order duck as I don't think it could possible live up to the quality of this duck meal...

Perth, Australia
“"Disappointing"”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Despite my wife and I being, obviously in our opinion, very polite and respectful, we found the staff to be somewhat inhospitable. Throughout the night, we even felt as though we were considered to be a lower class of human who should not have been privileged the honour of attendance to this restaurant.

We found that the menu was average and extremely over priced. The cocktails (and other alcohol) were also extremely overpriced. The bill for two persons for entrée, mains and two cocktails exceeded A$300..........

I expected the price to be somewhat inflated to accommodate for the experience (the view), however the prices presented were taking the micky, especially with the quality of food being average.

With service and price aside, we tried to take in the view - however the positioning of our seating (behind a brick wall) did not provide much to look at. There was little to no lighting, our candle went out several times then remained off, there was also no music played (no nice strings, or band or even a CD). As a consequence, we found the atmosphere / ambiance of the restaurant dim.

Overall, we feel as though the opportunity to eat out at a special restaurant in Bangkok was somewhat wasted at the Breeze. It wasn't terrible, however I would not classify this restaurant as fine dining, or even a place of average / mediocre dining, but a restaurant with higher expectations of its clientele than of its kitchen and service.

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience at Breeze, which will assist us in evaluating our processes. In the meantime, I would like to offer our sincerest apologies on behalf of the entire Food & Beverage team.

Our aim at all of our establishments at The Dome at lebua is to create the most exceptional experience possible for our guests, so please be assured that we take your comments very seriously.

I have also sent to you a private message to discuss your experience with you further and would be delighted to hear from you.

All of us hope that you will give us another chance and that we will see you again at The Dome at lebua.

MAreviwer
“Amazing view and atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went here at recommendation of our tour guide and following a drink at Sky Bar. I can say forget the tourist mess at Sky Bar. Sky bar is much too crowded and over rated.

Breeze on the other hand was amazing. Great view, relaxed eloquence, private tables, romantic and service to point of perfection. The hostest or head server was amazing. Even tough we were not staying at the hotel, she helped arrange tickets for a show we decided to attend at last minute.

Depsite mixed reviews, I thought all the dishes were amazing and wonderfully presented.

I will point out this was also the single most expensive meals of my entire life. But it was certainly a "once in a lifetime" experience. If you can afford it, come here for an unforgetable and romantic experience. Ignore the crowds and scene at Sky Bar and Scirrocco.