Smart Suites
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$373
US$294
Agoda.com
All reviewsmr vickysukhumvit soinana bts stationbudget hotelbooked this hotelfree upgradesmall hotelminute walknight lifeclean roomsstreet foodshort staystayed for nightsthe main roadtuk tuknokreceptionist
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was very happy with my stay at Smart Suites. The hotel was a close 3-5 min walk to Bumrangrad hospital. It was clean and the staff were great! I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They had no problem storing my bag when I arrived early and they had a nice back room where it was kept safe. They even had the room ready ahead of time. On checkout Ruby was especially helpful and friendly. They arranged a taxi for me to the airport and it was there early. The rooms are, of course, small but it was clean with a nice shower and the air conditioner worked well. I had good wifi access in my room (speed was normal for a hotel like this and was plenty fast enough for me to get work done) and it was free included in the price. I was very happy that there were no surprise charges as I have found in other places. There was cold bottled water included free in the room in a nice little refrigerator. All of that was an unexpected nice addition. The value for the money was great and I would highly recommend it for budget conscious travelers. I was not looking for a nice view (the view out my window was poor) just for a nice room for an affordable price with a good wifi connection to get some work done while I was in the room. That was all great.

Room Tip: If you want a view get something above the 2nd floor. The views might be better in other parts of the hotel, than where I was, but I was most concerned that I had a good wifi connection which my room had.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Smart Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Timothy S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do appreciate the time that you have taken to give us some feedback.

Smart Suites is located in very convenient location for guest visiting Bumrungrad Hospital. Its just few minutes walk to the hospital.

We have luggage store in our hotel where you can store your luggage if rooms not available for early check in until your room is ready. After check out as well you can store luggage if you have flight later.

Thanks for liking our staff services & room standard. We are glad to hear you like our WiFi & other amenities in room.

If we can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us on +6622532993 or by email to bkkrooms@yahoo.com

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights and I have to say that this hotel is extremely good - staff were friendly, room and bathroom were clean, bed was extremely comfortable, wifi was excellent and plenty of cable TV channels. It's a bit of a walk from Nana BTS station but that's the best part - it's located nicely at a quiet spot Sukhumvit 11 but not too far from drinking places or restaurants, and there's also a 7-Eleven next to the hotel where you can run to if you need some emergency supplies. I only have two comments about the room I stayed in - for some reason the kettle had the wrong "head" for the electrical sockets, and the safe wasn't working. Nevertheless the hotel was an excellent choice for me and I would be happy to stay at Smart Suites again in future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Bob S, General Manager at Smart Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear dexterleezh,

We are glad that you like everything about our hotel & staff.

Smart Suites is located in very convenient location for guest from best street food to best high end restaurants & just walking distance to club& bars. But still in quiet location so guest can have a good sleep far from noise. The 7-11 next door is great for guest as its open 24 hrs guest can get daily need things at very good local rates.

We will check about the points you mention about the kettle.

We look forward to serve you in near future again.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very good location close to metro.... Good service : customer satisfaction oriented. Help orient you in the bangkok mase and organize your trip with good and cheap solutions. Will definitly come back room and bathrooms are good.

Room Tip: Not on the street side that can be noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Bob S, General Manager at Smart Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear noubecho,

Greetings from Smart suites

We do appreciate the time that you have taken to give us some feedback..

Our hotel is located in very convenient location Bts Nana Station is just few minutes walk.

Customer satisfaction is our main motto. We try our best to make all our guest satisfy.

We look forward to serve you again in near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Good experience hotel at bangkok called smart suite. Where you can feel like home. Because they have good friendly staff specially mr Singh very helpful person. If we talk about rooms very comfortable and clean too. About location everything is near by like sky train central mall. You will get all kind of restaurant around this hotel. I book this hotel from website. I vist this hotel early morning. Still I got the rooms. Yes I can recommend this place to everyone. So don't worry to come. They will help you for everything. Thanks very much mr Singh and his team.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Smart Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Jgcyicugchiy,

We are glad to hear that you like our hotel rooms & staff services.

Our hotel is located in very convenient location Bts Nana Station is just few minutes walk from where you can travel in Bangkok very easily without hassle of traffic.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

this is best place to sleep. because location is good staff is very friendly i come here for my hospital. i stayed here 15 days with my family. locationis very good because its nearhospital. i coming again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear neenabangkokbsy,

Yeah true our hotel is located in very convenient location for guest who come to visit bumrungrad hospital as its just few mins walk.

Thanks for liking our staff services.

We are looking forward to serve you in your next visit.