“Finally ... BKK can be proud. ”

Tacos & Salsa Mexican Bistro
Ranked #341 of 11,033 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Found 5 minutes walking distance from the beginning of Sukhumvit Soi 18, Tacos & Salsa is a hidden Mexican gem in the busy city of Bangkok. A favourite to expats and tourists as well as locals, at Tacos & Salsa we pride ourselves in serving authentic traditional Mexican home-cooked food that "brings Mexico to you". "Mi casa es su casa" Famous for flavourful sizzling Fajitas: marinated boneless steak/chicken or prawns with grilled peppers, guacamole, tortillas, beans and rice, served on a hot plate, all our recipes are prepared as if we were back home in Mexico. Best strong margaritas in town, classic (lime). honey lime, passion fruit, mango, strawberry, tamarind, or spicy diablo. We also offer Margochelas which are margaritas topped off with a Corona beer! A selection of 45+ Tequilas and Mezcal! Salud! Local and Mexican craft beers, make them into Micheladas, by adding our special spicy Mexican tomato mix! Taquitos de carnitas or pork al pastor have that Mexican street-stall taco taste, and are best accompanied with our 5 homemade salsas. Come join us for a flavourful, chill-out Mexican time from 11am to 11pm, daily, we may even have live music on the weekends! For table reservation or more information on group party hosting (our second floor is able to host 25-30 people), please feel free to contact us.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Finally ... BKK can be proud. ”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I have lived in Bangkok for 7 years. Coming from America, there are two things I severely have missed -- Dr Pepper (which comes and goes) and great Mexican food.

Recently options have become more plentiful with Sunrise Tacos branching out, but it's reminiscent of good Mexican at best. La Molita had a chance but then chose to expand to the point the quality could never justify the price (and let's not even talk about the service).

I say all of this because I want everyone to know I've really tried to love, or even like the Mexican food on Bangkok, but I couldn't until now.

The only reason I almost don't want to write this review is because it's a one of those places that seem like a secret so good you don't want everyone to know about it -- but the secret is going to be out soon, anyway I'm sure.

First, the service -- excellent and friendly. The place is small but so warm and delighting, the staff are so nice and helpful, and the woman who took our order every time my friends and I have been (3 so far) is from Mexico and can guide people through the flavors on the menu.

Not to miss is the guacamole, which is by far the way I judge a good Mexican restaurant. It's like el diablos but without the overly citrus taste. Best of all thy serve a proper portion, not a small spoonful for a large price.

Enchiladas carnitas -- 5 star and the beans are fantastic. Ask them to put some cheese on them though -- like grandma does. The rice is rice, good but not exciting.

The margaritas are also fantastic. Although they offer different flavors, do yourself a favor and get the classic on the rocks! And do try a bandura -- a small glass of premium tequila, a small glass of fresh lime juice, and a small glass of Sangrita. They aren't shots, so sip them, and let the flavors come together. It is Mexican perfection

All I can say is my friends and I stumbled upon this place only 2 weeks ago and have gone 3 times since then. This is also my first trip advisor review, because I'm usually not inspired enough to sit and write one, but this place inspires me.

This is not only the best Mexican food in bangkok, it is one of Bangkok's best restaurants all together.

2 Thank Allen D

• Thai first
“Quaint and Tasty”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

What a wonderful little spot, so cozy and the staff certainly made us feel welcomed. Some of the best Mexican food in Bangkok. A must if you want the next best thing to Mexico! Sombrero's off to you,Tacos and Salsa!

• Visited October 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Lousy customer service and decent food at best.”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Disappointed is the best way to put it. We shared the mini nachos as an appetizer which were okay but overpriced in my opinion based on the portion size, quality, and what other Mexican restaurants in bangkok offer. About 10 minutes later my partners entree of chimichangas arrived. They were decent at best. 20 minutes later he had finished and my meal still hadn't arrived. The table in front of us called over their sever and said they'd received a fish a while ago they hadn't ordered but had eaten and raved about. It was mine!! The manager/owner? came to our table and and apologized for their mistake. My dinner came out about 15 minutes later. A good 45 minutes after being ordered at this point. The tamales were good, easily the best item we ordered but not worth the hassle and wait. We ordered a few more drinks while waiting and our bill ended up being well over 2,000 baht for 2 people - not cheap at all by thai standards and they still charged us for my tamales after they'd made a big mistake and we'd waited for so long! I'd been willing to give this place another shot but that is unacceptable and clearly demonstrates that they do not value their customers nor do they care if you return. A real bummer.

• Visited November 2013
TandS M, Owner at Tacos & Salsa Mexican Bistro, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Once again we apologize for the mistake, we did realize your food was sent to the wrong table and apologized several times that night. You were very kind and understanding, I wish you would have expressed your frustration and we would have tried to make it up to you. In your review you stated the food was expensive, but your food bill for nachos mini, tamales and chimichanga was 605 b. The bill might have seemed expensive because of the drinks you had that night. The tequila you were drinking was premium tequila imported from Mexico. Each shot is 250 b. , you also had the Margochela which is 3 margaritas topped with a Corona beer and that is 700 b. We are sorry about the mistake and assure you that we do value our customers. We would be happy if you would give us another try.
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Mexican in Bangkok”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Tacos & Salsa is a fun, authentic Mexican restaurant with great food at good prices. The owner and wait staff are friendly and helpful. I've eaten at the restaurant many times and have always left pleased. They have done well with large groups and take out. It's a great place if you're looking for good Mexican!

• Visited October 2013
Oakland, California
“Friendly and fun, made me miss Mexico!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our dinner and 2 visits were great. The atmosphere was very friendly. Great food which made me miss living in Mexico. The margaritas are awesome and I had a very nice time as well as dinner there both times when I was passing through Bangkok. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012