Tacos & Salsa Mexican Bar and Restaurant Sukhumvit 18
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: Found 5 minutes walking distance from the beginning of Sukhumvit Soi 18, Tacos & Salsa is a hidden Mexican gem in the busy city of Bangkok. A favourite to expats and tourists as well as locals, at Tacos & Salsa we pride ourselves in serving authentic traditional Mexican home-cooked food that "brings Mexico to you". "Mi casa es su casa" Famous for flavourful sizzling Fajitas: marinated boneless steak/chicken or prawns with grilled peppers, guacamole, tortillas, beans and rice, served on a hot plate, all our recipes are prepared as if we were back home in Mexico. Best strong margaritas in town, classic (lime). honey lime, passion fruit, mango, strawberry, tamarind, or spicy diablo. We also offer Margochelas which are margaritas topped off with a Corona beer! A selection of 45+ Tequilas and Mezcal! Salud! Local and Mexican craft beers, make them into Micheladas, by adding our special spicy Mexican tomato mix! Taquitos de carnitas or pork al pastor have that Mexican street-stall taco taste, and are best accompanied with our 5 homemade salsas. Come join us for a flavourful, chill-out Mexican time from 11am to 11pm, daily, we may even have live music on the weekends! For table reservation or more information on group party hosting (our second floor is able to host 25-30 people), please feel free to contact us.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very yummy! The all-you-can-eat deal is worth it! The margarita was soooo good. The Mexican musicians were pretty awesome.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We are staying for nine days in BKK and enjoying trying a lot of Thai, but tonight felt like something different for a change, so we tried Tacos & Salsa.

Its walkable distance from Asoke BTS down the bottom of Sukhumvit Soi 18, quite a small place, not many tables and we had to sit upstairs.

Margharita was good, had the usual menu items, with a range of salsas of varying level of heat/spice. Chose nachos, tostada and enchiladas and some singha. Food was ok, perhaps I could have chosen a salsa topping one level down the what scale !!

All up reasonably cheap and a good change to Thai for lunch and dinner

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I found out about Tacos & Salsa online whilst researching for places to eat. The location is a little hard to find if you don't know where it is exactly however one call to the restaurant and I found out exactly where to go. The atmosphere in the restaurant is nice and cozy with Mexican tunes in the background to lift the vibe. We ordered the Salsa Set, Crispy Tacos, Enchiladas & Quesadilla's. The food was up to par and very good, a little on the pricier end but the food was good so no complains. The salsa set is a great start to the meal (5 different selections of salsa, all very good in their own respects) the Mexican owner/manager was attentive and was able to answer several questions I had about the dishes. The tacos were good however a little too "wet" and too much sauce all over, making it hard to pick up and eat like how tacos are supposed to be eaten, they tasted very good though and the beef inside was tender. The Quesadillas were the star of the meal, very well prepared with the pork carnitas and melted cheese, next time i will ask them to add some pico de gallo inside the quesadilla. The only disappointment in terms of food was the enchiladas. The sauce was a little too runny, however the taste was good. The tortilla used for the Enchilada i think was incorrect as they used the crispy tortilla and not the soft corn tortillas as how it is normally prepared. Putting sauce on top of the cripsy tortilla made the tortilla soggy and gave it a weird texture, a little bit grainy and hard to swallow. The chicken inside was good and no complains about the rice and beans that came along with it. For dessert we got the Churros, which were above average (not the best, but good). I would've loved to see a tres leches on the dessert menu as from my knowledge none of the Mexican restaurants in Bangkok have this on offer. However, the lovely owner/manager did offer to make me a tres leches if informed her before time, which was great to know and which i will surely do very soon. The margarita's were good but strong (which is not always a bad thing) they had a good taste and a good selection of flavors. Overall, i was very satisfied with the food and service, it is a little bit on the expensive end, however the food was up to par and so I will not complain in regards to the value. I will visit again in the very near future and can recommend this place based on my experience.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I don't think I've ever obsessed over a food or restaurant, but this place is phenomenal. I was living in bangkok for 5 months, and as a LA native I set out to find the best Mexican food. Your options are limited, but you really need look no further than Tacos y Salsa. The food is really authentic, the margaritas are delicious(and pretty strong, just a heads up), and every time I go there I am just thinking the whole time of when I get to come back again. Its good to note that the Google location is wrong: take sukhumvit Soi 18 to the very end and you will find Tacos y Salsa. Lisa is awesome and you should meet her, she has been there every time I have gone. Viva Tacos y Salsa!!

2  Thank kiyanasky
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Craving for legit Mexican food? Here's what you should get: chips and salsa (The salsas were spicy and amazing), then the pork al pastor quesadilla and the grilled chicken Grande burrito. The food was so good I asked if they had a Mexican in the back!!! It Turns out the owner is Mexican and she taught her staff how to cook. They do a great job! Plus the girls are super sweet :-)! I promise you you won't even care about the cost once your done. It's well worth the price! Happy eating folks!