Thong Ta Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,028 results
All reviewsfree shuttlesuvarnabhumi airportnear airporttransit hotelhotel repno liftmain buildingtriple roomshort stayfree breakfastsmall balconynight markettaxi driverbahtwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2010

We paid around 800B (18Euros) for a spacious double room with a huge bed, an en-suite (hot) shower and toilet, and a small balcony. We just stayed for one night before our morning flight from Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

For this price I was really impressed with the hotel. It did not seem like a budget hotel at all – more like a 3 or 4 star hotel back in the UK. The staff were friendly, helpful and professional.

The hotel has a small restaurant in which we could have had dinner, but we thought the menu looked uninspiring and the food seemed over-priced. Instead we ate at the street stalls a few minutes walk from the hotel, towards the main road. However, we did have breakfast at the restaurant as this was included in our room rate, and found the service and food good.

The hotel arranged our transfer to the airport the next morning in a mini-bus, which was hassle-free. We were very pleased to discover that this shuttle service was free, although I believe this was some sort of a promotion and so I assume that the hotel will charge for this service in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Booked one night at Thong Ta based on other reviews. Originally thought about another hotel, but got an excellent rate of US$21 for one night including R/T airport transfer -- which was very necessary since I arrived at 9:30pm BKK and had a 7am flight to Koh Samui. Had a little trouble finding the driver at the airport by Gate 3, so called the hotel. They told me to stand near the info desk and that the driver would be there within in 5 mins. He was, but then we had to wait for another group, so in total it took a little while before moving to the hotel. Once at the hotel, check-in was speedy and friendly. They arranged a 5am wake-up call for 5:30am departure to the airport. Thereafter, was shown immediately to my room which was clean and had all the basic necessities.

Didn't get to eat breakfast as it starts at 6am. However, great that it was included in the price had my flight been a little later.

My only complaint was that there were some mosquitoes in my room that basically kept me up all night as they were biting my face and arms. So next time, when I'm not so tired, I'll think to ask the front desk for some mosquito spray.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank travelingtuboo
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I booked this place on the basis of other reviews on Trip Advisor. A friend met me at the airport and so we got a taxi instead of trying the hotel shuttle. The trip only seemed to take five or ten minutes; the taxi cost B80, including tip (although the taxi driver did endeavour to drive past the hotel, and approach it from a different direction).
I had about 35 kg of luggage, and was grateful that the porter took my biggest bag up the stairs to our room on the fifth floor The room itself was decorated pleasantly, and had a good bathroom (only shower), and pleasant decoration inside. The aircon was effective and unobtrusive, and i slept well. I was catching an early flight but managed to have a quick breakfast (provided as part of the deal) - it was OK, but the orange juice, in the words of my friend, was "scary" - flavoured water rather than actual orange juice.
We took the shuttle service back to the airport, the driver was hitting 120km on the freeway, and taking some risks with his pax - in the event, we all arrived safe and sound.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dundas3071
Reviewed 24 February 2010

Arriving late in BKK and departing early next morning to Samet, i choosed this hotel. It is cheap, clean and close to the airport, and the pick you up there (add 150 baht to their room fare), so it was a good choice.
Breakfast is basic.
If you can, choose your room in the main building. The rooms in the back can be a bit noisy, if people stay out talking, what happened when i was trying to sleep, about midnight, or since 5 am am, when some people start working near your room back wall...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMPFF
Reviewed 21 February 2010

The main thing about this hotel is the location. It is near the airport. But other than that, it wasn't that good. It wasn't dirty exactly, but it felt dingy. The receptionist was very bossy and aggressive. Breakfast was included and it was toast, and they give you an egg and a pallid looking sausage.
It got us through the night, and nothing really bad happened, but it wasn't all that fun.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple