“Perfect hotel if you are passing through”
Review of Grand Pinnacle

Grand Pinnacle
Grand Pinnacle
Ranked #404 of 752 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Recently stayed here for two nights.. Location was great as it was only about ten minutes from the airport which was nice after 29 hours of flights to get there it was nice for a short ride to get to our room and stretch out. Location is not good however if you want to wonder around it took us about an hour to get to Chinatown via public transit so location is only excellent if you want to be by the airport. Room was clean had a nice tv with an English speaking channel. Stocked mini fridge at reasonable prices and served toast for breakfast. On my way home I will consider staying here again for the conscience of the airport.

Staff was helpful and provided lots of maps so we could explore the city.

Be warned if airport noise bothers you this may not be the best choice. I'm a relatively light sleeper and I only noticed the planes for the first ten minutes of being in the room then it becomes background noise.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Booked without airport pickup. Like as many of my things on I that I am awkward, but in an experienced way. Mistake, driver got lost, many times, but zeroed the meter and said it was his fault. (Departures area taxi - the best!). Best to carry the hotel's number and ring to avoid. Arrived after a bit, and no rip off, and all is good. Basic room, but nothing to complain about, clean and clean bedding. Staff are good, to excellent, check in a breeze. Seems like a reasonable number of pubs and restos in the area.

My point is this is not suitable in my first impression for someone wanting a base in BKK, Though taxis are easy, this is not the area I am used to staying in. However, if on a short stayover, of a few hours, or a day, this could prove excellent value. I just wanted a few beers, a lie down and shower, and then internet. They have this down pat. The area is suitable for this type of traveller. This is an excellent choice for the budget minded traveller on a stop over. Excellent choice actually, transport to the airport tomorrow is a fixed 100 bhat. Could pay less getting on on the road, but could care about the hassle.

Don't expect a view, don't complain about staff or service. It is what it is, and fine.

If you have travelled, this will not diappoint for the price, and at that, it is good; an extended stay might not be so good. As some will note, having a reasonable internet connection is vital - and this connection is very good for Thailand.

Well done! I will stay everytime passing through looking for - quick, convienient and good staff.

I am not paid for this, leaving in a couple of hours, just felt they had earned a reward of my time.

Regards,

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 111MickOD111
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

5 minutes from the airport. Excellent air conditioning. Cheap as chips. Friendly staff. Huge fridge stocked with all types of drinks. Room service. Airport pickup for about 2 quid.

If you're looking for a place to crash at BKK airport and just want somewhere cheap, then this is it.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Dale H
Reviewed 25 November 2012

The most uncomfortable nights stay I've ever had in any hotel anywhere in the world, and I've stayed in a few believe me.
The aircraft were so low and loud I swear I heard a whimper of fear emanate from my wife around mid-night.
The bed, the aircon, the mossies, the noise, I could go on and on as to why this was such a terrible night and physically it really was horrid......but considering what I paid I really have no right to complain. There was a very welcome and well stocked fridge, the aircon did eventually cool the room, it was close to the airport for an early flight and the airport transfer was perfect.

So in summary, The Grand Pinnacle (lol, grand and pinnacle, hehe, bless 'em) did what it said on the tin, it was value for money, and the service was good, and if you're a sparkly eyed snotty nosed, spotty faced, seventeen year old taking on the whole world and wouldnt recognise comfort if it jumped up and bit you on the backside then its fine, but would I stay there ever again? No way Hose!

Next time I'm going spend a bit more and get some sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark g
Reviewed 10 August 2012

After a lengthy journey to Bangkok to commence our travels back home we, a group of 4 female students, had a 12 hour wait in Bangkok and so decided to book a hotel close to the airport to crash for the night.
We received a warm welcome and our bags were taken from us the moment we arrived in the hotel. The staff were very friendly and gave us a 3 bed room but offered to push the 3 single beds together so that it could sleep 4, for the same price as a room for 3.
The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the location was perfect for the airport. The hotel offers a free airport transfer every hour with a wakeup call 1 hour prior to the taxi leaving.
Complimentary morning tea/coffee was also available as was free use of wifi and computer.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We arrived at the airport with the intention of staying there til our flight, but decided to look into a cheap nearby hotel to crash for a few hours. After some finagling with some of the info desks (be careful, some are not legit) we came across a few within our budget range and this one was on the list.

It was adequate and the staff was nice, it was really close to the airport, which was all that we really needed. We had a really early flight and they were really accommodating in giving us a simple breakfast of juice, toast and coffee before their official breakfast time. They even offered to fry us up some eggs if we wanted. The room was a comfortable size but the bathroom was pretty tiny, the door hit the sink and you could barely move, but it was ok for relatively small people like us. It did the job. The shower was warm and the pillows were soft, so hey I was happy, but for the price you are just paying for proximity, and the ease of transport to the airport. They have a driver who will pick you up and take you back to the airport. It is really close to a bar or a club or something with loud music but we could barely hear it over the aircon. You can also hear planes going by but that didn’t really bother us.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I have stayed at teh Grand Pinnacle several times and I can heartily recommend it for people who are cost conscious but who still want a small scale friendly hotel at a bargain price. One can get a room here for around 600 baht by using Agoda or other booking agencies, but you will get none of the amenities if you do so. Some of these amenities incluse pick-up and transfer from and to the airport, a drive to the closest sky rail or taxi stand and a free breakfast. For these amenities you can expect to pay 1000 baht per night. It is clsoe to some very good restaurants and some night club activity although maybe not what the younger generation migh t want. For someone who is only staying a night or two, this is an excellent little hotel with very friendly and hel;pful staff

Room Tip: write and ask them what is available for your particular needs