“Very convenient, clean place to get some rest”
Review of Grand Pinnacle

Grand Pinnacle
Grand Pinnacle
Ranked #398 of 742 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I arrived at Bangkok airport in a state of exhaustion and didn’t want to wait there six hours till my next flight so went to one of the agents’ desks and asked for the cheapest hotel they had which was the Grand Pinnacle for 1000 baht. I should have negotiated the price but my tired brain forgot and actually I was far more interested in getting to a bed asap than saving a few baht.

The hotel driver turned up a few minutes later and drove me rally-driver style to the hotel in less than 10 minutes. At check-in, with the friendly and helpful receptionsist, I booked a wake up call and transfer back to the airport for later that afternoon (transfers both ways included in the rate I paid). Wifi was included in the price and the connection speed was good. The TV had about 70 channels in various languages including a few in English (but alas no CNN).

The room was small but spotlessly clean with a wardrobe, bed, and large fridge/mini bar. There was some aircraft noise but it wasn’t very loud.

Wake up call came on time, driver came up to my room to collect my backpack and I was soon back at the airport to continue my journey.

I would definitely use this hotel again if I needed somewhere close to the airport to lay my head for a few hours or a night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 May 2010

We flew in from London and arrived in Bangkok at 7:00pm and though we couldn't find the guy from the hotel that was meant to pick us up we went to the airport info desk and they rang through and he arrived about 5 mins later to take us to the hotel. The hotel is about a 10 min drive away from the airport which is perfect as we had an early flight the next day. The hotel receptionist was very friendly and showed us a timetable for when we could go back to the airport in the morning and she also told us breakfast would be available if we wanted it. The room was a nice size for 3 people, it had huge single beds, a fully stocked fridge if you wanted it, air con(at no extra cost!!!) and a nice clean bathroom. Yes you can hear the planes flying in but its not too bad and if you were half as tired as we were after such a long flight you will go out like a light!
The only thing i had a problem with was not having any contact details for the hotel, i booked on the internet and they didn't have them and when I googled the hotel I couldn't find an email address any where for them. I picked up a business card when I stayed and thought the following information might help people who get stuck in the same position I did.....
Email: grandpinnacle@hotmail.com
Telephone: (662) 327-3876
Mobile: (089) 168-1509

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelqueen83
Reviewed 15 April 2010

The only advantage of this hotel is its location. A 7-11 store is nearby the hotel. There is no lift in the hotel. The room is small and clean, but you will hear many aircrafts' noise, and there is no hair dryer in your room. The bathroom is somewhat low. Their breakfast is simple. Read your hotel booking carefully, it may only include single way pickup, but not roundtrip. Wifi is not included. You will need to pay for them.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Illini C
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Stayed one night at Grand Pinnacle en route to Hua Hin. Hotel is ok for a one night stop over between flights. Located about 5-10 minutes drive from Suvarnabhumi airport.
Basic smallish building with 3 floors of accommodation..no lift. Rooms clean and tidy with air con , TV , fridge and combined bathroom/toilet. Staff pleasant enough. Breakfast was included in the room rate and was the standard coffee , ham , fried egg , pale sausage , toast. Overall 5/10...would stay again for a night.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Due to my wife missing her flight from Houston, I stayed in Bangkok a few days alone. Afetr arriving at BKK to pick her up, somehow we missed each other and I could not find her (she was on level 1 the whole time). After a few hours of trying to find her, I finnaly found out that she was at the Grand Pinnacle. The driver brought me over to meet her. This place was okay, but close to the airport.
The room was nice and clean, but the bed a little hard. It was nice to see the wife and we had a good night sleep only to be woken up by a rooster crowing next door. Kind of reminded me of being home.
The breakfast was good and the staff was very nice and helpful. She even tried to get us to stay a little longer, but we had a plane to catch to Phuket. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple