“A Pleasant Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #208 of 10,626 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$15 - US$85
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: The New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Bangkok provides the prefect venue for a special meal. This restaurant,located on the hotels' second floor mezzanine, represents the best of the great American steakhouses.The finest fresh chilled, USDA certified, grain fed, Angus beef is served. Aged to perfection, it is cooked precisely to order. Different cuts and types of Prime beef from around the world with your choice of sauces and sides are featured. Try the Australian Wagyu Tomahawk Steak for two.Traditional appetizers like Clam Chowder, Shrimp Cocktail, House-smoked Salmon and Caesar Salad are popular starters. Dessert vary from Baked Bomb Alaska and New York Cheesecake. There is also a selection of fresh seafood delicacies, as well as some traditional non beef dishes. The wine list is massive and impressive; a full range of cocktails is offered, great Martinis.Opening Hours: 18:00 - 22:30Reservations: Highly recommendedDress Code: Smart Casual (chinos, no shorts, no slippers)Children: No children under 12 years
Perth, Australia
“A Pleasant Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Staff was uber friendly, greeted warmly and had two dedicated waitresses. Food was great and worth every penny if you ask me. Had the 8 oz filet mignon and struggled to finish and generally that was the same across the table. Maybe we arent used to the large portions. all six of us ordered different things to make use of this experience but i think i ordered best and so i will recommend the fillet mignon to anyone reading this. Big comfy chairs just makes the dining experience feel so lux. However we felt a bit uncomfortable due the bad air circulation or something, kinda stuffy and warm where we sat,

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jennlimm
BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Jennlimm,

greetings from the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your visit and for sharing them with the TripAdvisor community.
I'm glad that you've enjoyed your 8 oz. filet mignon and we'll for sure taking your comments on the portion size for internal discussion points.
The team is also very pleased about your mentioning for their service performance, thank you for that as well.

The New York Steakhouse is certainly looking forward to welcome you back soon again or whenever you're around in this part of town.

With very best regards,

Bruno Rotschaedl - Director of Food and Beverage at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Ao Nang, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good steak, desserts, and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The place was nice and the service was great. We were taking a good care by restaurant manager and she recommended us many good dishes and price. I had a great time with all the good food, drinks, and desserts. Apart from the beef that I like were New York Cheese Cake and Alaska. The mocktail also great.

BrunoRotschaedl-DFB, Manager at New York Steakhouse - at the JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Sukalin,

greetings from New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Bangkok!

I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us.
The New York Steakhouse team is already looking forward to your next visit with us.

Toledo, Ohio
“Still good BUT with major disappointment!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having come here a few times each year since 2006, I always appreciate the consistency and quality of the service and the food here, it is top notch across the board and never fails to exceed expectations. I visited again last evening and again today and am sad to report the removal of the "bar" in the Steakhouse! This NY imitated restaurant (by name) REMOVED the bar so as to add one more table to the restaurant. I find this an egregious mistake from a customer standpoint. Ask the GM to walk into any one of 25 best steakhouses in NYC and see if ANY of them do NOT have a bar for their guests.... I can guarantee you every single one of them have a bar. Another short sighted decision by their management. I wonder if the bar was not producing the revenue one more table would add to their bottom line in their estimation? I honestly don't think they are looking at the big picture, just numbers. I may visit here again, just not as regularly as there are many great steakhouses in BKK, try Prime at the Hilton on the river or Artur. Both are very comparable to this restaurant with a bar to sit at and enjoy a drink prior to being seated.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Steve T
Dear Steve T,

greetings from the Newy York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your comments with the TripAdvisor community.

We hear your concern and have put a lot of thought into it before the decision of the Bar removal has been made. With the addition of our latest outlet, the Manhattan Bar, we created a great alternative to the previous New York Steakhouse bar counter. We do recognize as with any change there are guests who prefer the previous version and others prefer the current setting. I certainly hope that at your next visit I have the opportunity to chat with you a little bit more about the idea behind.

I truly appreciate your continued patronage here att he New York Steakhouse and my team is certainly looking forward to welcome you soon again here.

With very best regards,

Bruno Rotschaedl - Director of Food and Beverage at the JW Marriott Bangkok.
Reggio Calabria, Italy
“Sublime and opulent .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

sublime and opulent!!!These are the first words that come to mind when I think of New York Steakhouse at JW Marriott Bangkok.. I have just returned from one of my usual trips to Bangkok and this time I had the pleasure to give to myself and share with my friends the privilege of tasting the meat more tasty and good of the entire southeast Asia, I had the good fortune to know this place about five years ago and since then I attend the New York Steakhouse nearly 3 times a week when I'm in Bangkok, although I travel a lot and i am a fan of a good steak, I can say no doubt that if you want to eat the Tomahawk and the filet more good in the world is nowhere comparable to this temple of the steak. without detracting from the delicious and amazing Caesar salad prepared as a work of art at table side and do not miss their wonderful selection of oysters that they taste the freshness of the ocean, even the atmosphere of this place is great, with a cozy and typically New York atmosphere, also sit on one of their huge armchairs is exceptional which make you feel privileged and important and also the staff is exceptional format it smiling and highly professional wonderful girls who know how to take care of their lucky customers...I really can not wait to return to this wonderful and great restaurant ..

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank vincenzo C
Dear vincenzo C,

greetings from New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Bangkok!

Thank you for leaving your nice comments about your last visit on the TripAdvisor webksite.
I'm glad to read that you enjoy our steak quality, the service and the ambiance very much. Please rest assured that we'll do our utmost to keep the standards and quality that our guests love so much.

Khun Rose, the New York Steakhouse Manager and her team are looking forward to welcome you soon again for your next Tomahawk steak.

Ko Pha Ngan, Thailand
“I'm not a vegetarian and I'll never be....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Since almost 8 years I'm a guest at the NYS, so it's kind of coming home and dining with friends.This excellent steakhouse stands out not only from other restaurants serving steaks it specializes in hospitality. Our party of four ordered oysters, salmon, lamb and I had Wagyu beef cheeks with white asparagus.
Everything was cooked to perfection and as always the amazing service makes this dinner experience different to others. A must try is the "Dirty Martini",8 served and mixed at the table.

Thanks for another great night at your place.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank anderl1603
Dear Anderl1603,

greetings from New York Steakhouse at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Thank you for recommending our outlet on the TripAdvsor website and for being such a loyal patron.

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed all your selections and our service team.
We're looking forward hosting you soon again for another great night., maybe then for our other seasonal promotions - after all this is the way how memories are made.