“Went in search of English pub breakfast.”
Review of The Black Swan

The Black Swan
Ranked #1,540 of 12,741 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed 28 June 2018

In town for one day only, on business. Arrived last evening. I went in around 8:30 am the following morning, for breakfast. The location is convenient to Sukhumvit. The condition is good, and the music and sound system very nice. The food was very good, as well. Nice presentation and clean, not a greasy-spoon (even though that's offered, tongue-in-cheek, on the menu).
The big problem I had was based on my perception that the waitress did not want me there. I walked in and the place looked empty of people. Once I walked in toward the back, she appeared. From the start, she gave off the vibe that she was busy opening up the place, and the presence of a single customer was going to add to her workload. Still, I persisted. There was a language barrier, obviously. Not a big deal, but when I asked if they served a proper breakfast, she just handed me the menu with no comment. I read aloud, to myself, the offerings. From that, she understood I wanted the Full Monty. I sat to peruse the menu further, decide. I had to get up and go to her to order. She said I already had. I asked how the eggs would be cooked. She said fried. Then, with furrowed brow, she said the order was already being cooked. I said I would like the eggs done over medium.

I had to get up a number of times to go to her to ask for mustard, another cup of coffee, ... She ignored me completely.

End of the day, if you're going to be open for breakfast, don't have one person setting up shop and also covering waitress duties. Otherwise, nice place and good food.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Hi been coming here for years. Probably nothing to write home about if you are a tourist, but as an expat its a great little English pub in the heart of Bangkok. The food is great and the servings large. The tower burger is only for the VERY hungry. Love the English breakfast and also the Sausage, Bacon and Black pudding baguette!

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Ive been here a few times now. It reminds me of being back in UK. Small cozy comfortable pub with a good selection of draught beers and ciders. Good aircon.
Good menu selection of traditional British food and more.
Very nice full English breakfast

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Basically an English style pub. Nothing hugely fantastic, though does have a good range of English beers on tap.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Nice place to relax for an horse or two. The usual beer selection at reasonable prices and a very friendly service
Didn't have food this time, but the full English breakfast is great