“Excellent Service!!!”

Ranked #96 of 1,241 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Brisbane
“Excellent Service!!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2009

We stayed for 2 nights in a private double room. The bed was good and bathroom was huge. In addition, free breakfast and internet are provided, very good considering nothing opens in Bangkok until 10am. The staff were excellent and helped us out with every enquiry, including tours and booking accomodation elsewhere. Will definitely use again when back in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2009

The enthusiastic stuffs helped me a lot with finding the places I want to go. they also write the note in Thai for me and taught me to show the note to taxi driver in case they doesn't know where I want to go.

Also, the room rate is reasonable according to the
great location - few mins walk to Silom Soi 2 , BTS station, and can get food easily around there.
cleanliness enviroment and dorms room.

Although the room is a little bit small, but it's not a problem for me and my partner. Besides, we girls love the big big shower room @ HQ hostel. a totally different hostel experience ever!!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
Quezon City
Reviewed 18 May 2009

HQ Hostel has the distinction of being the first hostel i've ever stayed at in Bangkok. What prompted me to give it a try was first and foremost, they have a really cool website. Second, i've never stayed at the Silom area before. And third, the rooms/beds are so easy on the pocket!

Upon my arrival, I had a very warm greeting from the front desk, and of course I didn't fail to notice that everything looks as it is just like in the website. What you see is what you get. I like that!

On the lobby area is Mofu Cafe Bar. So that in itself is a nice addition to the hostel - it has it's very own coffee shop where guest can relax and mingle with fellow travels. What better way to do that than with a cup of coffee right?

The M Type room can accommodate four people. Mine was located on the second floor and is just beside the shared toilet and bath. The bed is comfortable and big, and lucky me I get to have a bed with lots of space where i can put my luggage. Also there's a small cabinet/locker for each guest at the bottom of the bunk beds. The aircon is working properly and the room is being cleaned everyday. Everything worked well for me in the room, the only suggestion i would give has got something to do with paddings. I hit my head on the top bed one too many times. ouch! So maybe some rubber or foam padding can be placed to prevent permanent injury. Other than that, I don't have any complaints at all.

As with all hostels, security is a must, and HQ provides that. The owners even mentioned improving it. Hence, i really need not go there since they are aware of what needs to be done in the hostel. Believe me when i say the owners and the staff know what they are doing, on top of being very warm and accommodating people!

The best thing about HQ is that it's top-notch yet affordable! And i even got my fourth night free. So better check out their monthly promos on their website. They always come up with really good deals.

Before i end this, did i mention they got the TOP RATED HOSTEL award from hostelworld.com? The owners should be proud! They got something really good going on in silom soi 3.

If you are ever looking for a place in Bangkok that's afforadable, clean, has excellent location, great staff, and one that is ever improving... HQ is your choice. You'll also get a bonus of meeting the coolest and warmest people in HQ, and that's why i consider it my new home in Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed 8 February 2009

I stayed in a private room. There's little room to move but the bathroom is HUGE. One unfortunate aspect of staying in the private room was having to walk 5 flights of stairs every night and the wifi doesn't reach that far up.

Staff was very helpful, the place was very clean and modern, and the location is perfect if you're into the Silom nightlife.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed 23 November 2008

Firstly, after an ATM swallowed my credit card and being cashless, one of the staff acompanied me to the banks head branch to explain what had happened and to act as an interpreter. Then after a big night out I was pickpocked at a club loosing all my credit/debit/cash and with a bus to catch to Cambodia the next morning at 6am I was fretting somewhat. Thanks to the staff at 6am in the morning I made the bus, met up with my friends who lent me some cash and was on my way. On both occassions they went out of their way to insure my stay was a memorable one. The hostel is well located, very close to the BTS and clean and comfortable, with undoubtably the fastest WiFi connection in Bangkok!

Stayed November 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2008

How can I saw anything bad about HQ hostel after my boyfriend flooded the toilet and they immediately gave us a new room without a single word of complaint or grimace of disgust?

People who work at HQ Hostel are incredibly friendly and responsive. Some went out of their way to ask if we needed help, and again, did I mention the toilet flooding?

The rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. It's definitely more like a boutique guest house than a hostel. Note that the "en-suite" bathroom in private rooms is separated from the sleeping area only by a curtain, so be sure you're comfortable with the person you're staying with or consider looking for a hotel room. There are small boutique hotels in the same neighborhood that offer rooms with real bathroom doors for about the same price, or perhaps even slightly less.

• Liked — the service and location
  • Disliked — small rooms, no elevator
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)