Admiral Premier Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
Very Good 4/5
All reviewssoi cowboyrooftop pooladmiral suitetuk tukbathroom floorwashing machinesmall gymsukhumvit mrtquiet streetterminal shopping centrerestaurant stafftop floorone bedroom suitethe air conditioningchoose this hotelinternet connectionthe main road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here for three days in a Premier Studio in April of 2014.

+ I got a complimentary cold tea and refreshing towel at reception, and two bottles of water are provided for free each day. Nice touch.
+ Rooms are large and modern, with a pantry, including fridge and microwave, and cutlery for two. Pans etc. are provided by housekeeping if you ask for them.
+ The pool area is amazing for a property in that price range, with a nice view of the Sukhumvit area. There is is also a small gym (which I did not use).
+ Room service is fast (between 10 and 20 minutes for two main courses) - the food is okay, but nothing special. This also applies for the breakfast.
+ The staff were very attentive and professional. Housekeeping is thorough (they even reminded me of a beer bottle I had left in the fridge upon checkout).
+ It's close to Sukhumvit - a five to ten minute walk to Asok BTS/Sukhumvit MRT, there's a 7-Eleven on the corner. The Soi Cowboy red light district is right around the corner, but the property is in a quiet side street, so you won't be bothered by "sexpats" (yes, Lonely Planet poetry..) etc.

- The air con in my room was rather loud at times at night.

Room Tip: 9th floor rooms provide easy access to the pool. The balconies in the Premier Studios are not really worth the money (too small and directly facing another property).
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
AdmiralPremier, General Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Marcel L,

All of us at Admiral Premier appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on our facility and the service provided by our staff .

Please accept my sincere apology regarding the Air con in your room. Your feed backs on our service are greatly appreciated and please rest assured that I will share your encouraging comments with the staff concerned as there is nothing more motivating them than to be recognized for providing exceptional service.

Marcel L, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Admiral Premier in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel was nice and pretty well fit the price in my opinion. The hotel seems older and needs a remodel, but the rooms were clean. They had overbooked when we showed up so they gave us a free upgrade to a suite that had a living space. The infinity pool on the roof has a great view of the city and is very nice for viewing the cityscape at night.

The staff seemed pretty grumpy though. At least the one we interacted with. They could probably train their staff to smile a bit more and act like they care what we are saying.

They might advertise a complimentary taxi service, which is actually a tuk tuk. But they won't go more than a few blocks (if I wanted to go somewhere just a few blocks away I'd walk, right?). We wanted transport to the subway/sky-rail transportation station which was about a 5 minute taxi ride away and they said it was too far for the free tuk tuk. So we had to hire our own taxi which only cost 50TB - to give you an idea how close it was.

On that note, the location for this hotel is great. We took the sky rail direct from the airport which took us really close to the hotel in about 15 minutes, then we hired a taxi to take us to the hotel (again, for only about 50TB). I bet a taxi from the airport to the hotel would cost around 600TB and would probably take longer because of traffic. Being so close to the before-mentioned station, we had quick access to get pretty much anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joaozao

Dear Joaozao,

All of us at Admiral Premier appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on the service provided by our staff.

We still on going for remodel in our guest room and hope we will have a chance to welcome you back to see them.

Announcement on pour web-site are complimentary 24-hour tuk-tuk shuttle service to Asok BTS Sky-train station, Sukhumvit subway Station, Emporium Shopping Center, Robinson Department Store and nearby offices (on request), but it's not including the Airport link BTS because its limited role to transfer to other area by our registered role with the Department of Transportation even it's not too far, However we will sent our guest to the place in our role near by their destinations.

Joaozao, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Admiral Premier in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great hotel. Checked in here for three says of luxury amid backpacking. Huge room with all the little extras you'd expect, lovely pool, quiet air con. Only downside was the wifi only worked for part of one of my three days - when it did work it was v quick.

I used the free tuc tuc a few times, great service to have even though it's not far to walk.

Staff were all lovely, being greeted with a smile, drink and refreshing towel was fab.

Had a hob, microwave and fridge freezer in the room and there were washing machines and dryers on the top floor.

Breakfast had a good choice and was included in my rate. I had dinner once in the restaurant, good but way overpriced so better to go out of the hotel.

Would happily stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Claire J,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay with us.

All of us at Admiral Premier appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments with provided facility and our staff's service. Your feed backs on our service are greatly appreciated and please rest assured that I will share your encouraging comments with all of staff concerned as there is nothing more motivating them than to be recognized for providing exceptional service.

Claire J, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Admiral Premier in the near future.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very good hotel business hotel. Rooms are clean and well maintained as well as decently sized and well decored. The same can be said of the facilities. The wifi is fast and reliable. The service was excellent and the staff was very helpful in arranging an unusual checkout time (I had to checkout at 4 AM). The location is about a 5 minute walk to the nearest sky train so it's not bad. By western standards, the price point is very good but by Bangkok standards the price point is fairly average. Overall good stay and I have no complaints here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hdt99

Dear hdt99,

Greeting from Admiral Premier !

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay with us.

hdt99, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Admiral Premier in the near future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

excellent place to stay is very close to everywhere whit beatiful rooftop pool wifi good and fast staff very frendly if i go back one day am going to stay in the same hotel i recomendet this hotel to all my frends and

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AdmiralPremier, General Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Maria Y,

Greeting from Admiral Premier !

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay with us.

All of us at Admiral Premier appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I am very proud that you like our roof top pool and happy with the service provided by our staffs.

Your feed backs on our service are greatly appreciated and please rest assured that I will share your encouraging comments with our staff as there is nothing more motivating them than to be recognized for providing exceptional service.

Maria Y, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Admiral Premier in the near future.

Warm regards,