“Lovely stay and Staff”

Ranked #176 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Cork
“Lovely stay and Staff”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Jogging the memory a bit on this one but went over to visit friends living in Bangkok last Sept and two friends decided to join in on the trip. We booked this hotel for location (close to friends) and it looked pretty good for the price.
Location is less than a 10min walk to the nearest Sky train and Terminal 21 Shopping Centre.
We were not disappointed. The staff were so friendly after a very long trip. They also enjoyed seeing us arrive back on our first night after being soaked through by one of Thailand's famous rain storms! We stayed for just over three weeks with a break to Samui in the middle but the staff were great, stored pretty much all our luggage and reallocated the same suite for us so it was just so easy.
The room was fantastic, large, bright, AC, comfortable beds and very comfortable fold out bed. We ended up eating in the hotel on a few occasions and it was definitely worth taking a lazy evening.

I can't find any hotel / room photo but can vouch for what you see on the site. Our Admiral Suite was on the 4th floor and just as they show.
A very belated thanks for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Book a suite. There were 3 girls travelling together and enough room for unpacking, lounging around...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
AdmiralPremier, Hotel Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear AIS_06,

Warm greetings from Admiral Prermier Team!

On behalf of all my staff, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor and we are most grateful that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We take pride of our friendly and helpful staff that is always on hand to assist every guest.
On your next visit to Bangkok, we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel once again.

With kind regards,

Sanpet Mikusol
Hotel Manager - Admiral Premier Bangkok

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Admiral Premier in Bangkok for the first two nights of our trip to Thailand for our honeymoon.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and were happy to move us to a non-smoking room when the room we were given originally smelt of smoke.

We also had some difficulties with some tourist scams and the staff were helpful with this although we feel there should be more warnings. It feels as is if the whole of Bangkok is in on these and out to get you!

The rooftop pool is great! Lovely for a dip in the sweltering heat! Some tiles from the pool floor are loose and should be fixed.

The rooms are lovely and quite big with very comfortable beds. Very clean and tidy.

Overall we had a lovely stay at this hotel, it is good value for money.

Great location, close to subway/train station.

Yummy breakfast.

Thanks to all the staff!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
AdmiralPremier, General Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Moya M,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay with us.

All of us at Admiral Premier appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on the service provided by the staff and the lovely roof top pool. In additional we have plan to close the pool for few day for maintenance in the near future.

Moya M, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Admiral Premier in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had a good stay at Admiral Premier Bangkok, Hotel was very clean and rooms are big with free wi-fi.
Quiet area, only 10 mins walk to Sukhumvit Road, some nice restaurants and cafe's close to the hotel and a pub around the corner soi 23 if you like watching sports.
The hotel staff were very friendly and checking out was good, wake up call and taxi on time to go to airport at 5.30 in morning.
Would definitely stay here again, this was our first stay and enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
AdmiralPremier, General Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear JDowneyJ,

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay with us.

All of us at Admiral Premier appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on cleanliness of the room, WiFi and friendly of our staff.

JDowneyJ, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Admiral Premier in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have been there between 17th March to 23rd March. The welcome treat are good .the front receptionist more friendly .Our bathroom sink was chocked since we were used the room.We had complaint many times no one responded till left from hotel.Any way room is more comfortable
with hot plate and other cooking ware.

We enjoyed swimming pool lot .Our request all are fulfilled nicely.

Caution : Do not get help from restaurant people those all are cheater. we had been recommended to take taxi from the hotel by guy from restaurant,the taxi driver too rough and his taxi meter are over speed and we have been paid triple the amount of actual fare .

if that guys advice not taken they will treat you differently in restaurant ,my advice do not take any recommendation from hotel for taxi and site seeing advice .this end with loosing money.

Room Tip: Go and stay the room don't expect too much what they advertised.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lawrence P
AdmiralPremier, General Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Lawrence P

All of us at Admiral Premier appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on the welcome treat, friendly of our staff and our pool.

I was extremely concerned to know your comment on the unpleasant experience regarding the bathroom sink and the taxi offered from the restaurant staff. As present I already stop them to offered any tour or taxi for our guest with out any require from the guest self.

Please accept our most sincere apology for the inconvenience caused. Kindly rest assures that what had happen was an exception rather than norm.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We have been on the road for months, and decided to treat ourselves to a nice place for our final few days in Bangkok.

We are very disappointed.

We stayed in some fantastic guesthouses and hotels throughout Thailand and the rest of Asia, and really regret spending extra money to stay here. It did not live up to our expectations, as much greater value can be found elsewhere for the same amount of money — or less.

Here's why:

- the room had a persistent damp, mouldy smell. Upon check in, we were told that the hotel was at "100% capacity", so we knew that changing rooms would not be an option. Based on pervious reviewers, this seems to be a problem in other rooms as well. I saw the management blamed the climate; in an expensive hotel, I would expect them to use dehumidifiers or some other means of controlling the problem then, as it is both unpleasant and very unhealthy. You can't blame the weather for an ongoing problem without taking steps to fix it.

- the wifi was terrible. The only connection available was the same one as on the ground floor, but we were on the 4th. Wifi constantly shut itself off or refused to load pages. When it did work, it was usually very slow. When you are staying here to do work that requires an online connection, this is a huge inconvenience! I even went down to the restaurant to see if the connection was better on the desktop computers they provide. No luck. Previous places we have stayed have a router on every floor so that the connection can be split up and be faster and stronger for everyone. I never got more than one bar of wifi signal and even that often didn't work.

- we had a cockroach in our bathroom. I understand these bugs are a problem all over Asia, but to be surprised by a giant bug running over your foot when you step out of the shower is unacceptable for a hotel like this.

- the housekeepers always turned off the air conditioning when they cleaned the room. I understand that it uses power, but to come back to a room that is very hot after a day spent in +40 degree weather is very uncomfortable. Your hotel room should be a place where you can be comfortable and relax, not have to dread returning to every day. I don't fault the housekeepers for this as they were friendly when we saw them, and probably just following directions. But for the price point, I would think they could allow you to keep your room at a comfortable temperature.

- lastly, there was no atmosphere at all — or at least not a pleasant one! The ladies at the front desk were unhelpful to the point of being rude. They never smiled, and seemed annoyed to be asked any questions. We asked them to call us a taxi as the sky train/subway did not go where we needed. They agreed to, and told us to sit and wait for it to come. We waited for half an hour before being told that we would have to find our own way because they couldn't get one. 1) What kind of hotel can't get a taxi for it's patrons?! Especially in a big city and a nice, busy area? 2) We waited half an hour before being told this (during which time they were not calling around to find one. They were standing behind the desk talking so we assumed the taxi was on its way), which wasted a lot of time that we could have used trying to get one ourselves.

There were, however, some good points, and I would like to point them out as well in the interest of making this as fair as I can:

- the pool deck view was great on a nice day. This was our favourite part of the hotel.

- the bed was comfortable and softer than many we encountered in Asia. The room also stayed dark and quiet in the morning — the curtains could be drawn back to let light in if you prefer to wake up with sun, though.

- the tuk tuk service to the road was usually quick when leaving the hotel.

Overall, I would definitely not stay here again. There are much friendlier and more comfortable places around for the same price (or better!). I am disappointed we spent our time in Bangkok feeling unwelcome and uncomfortable in a hotel we were looking forward to staying at.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dee M
Dear Dee M,

Thank you for staying at Admiral Premier on your recent visit to Bangkok and for taking time to share with us your review during your stay.

I was extremely concerned to read your comments on the unpleasant experience regarding the sub-standard of service provided during your recent stay with us, particularly in our room condition which resulted in the negative impression.

- The room was mouldy smell upon check in I am understand your feeling and sincerely apologize for that matter. This smell could happen with the room that always close the window and the door, this issue happen because our room maid did not open the window during clean the room and this is another reason from save the environment as well for me to informed the room maid to turn off the air con and open the window to refresh and ventilated the room air.

- The room move is other option for the guest and the previous review was different with your experience because they already stay in that room whole day and whole night and they feel the room had bed smell and they need to charge the room and we show the same room to other guest after clean the room on the same day the other guest not feel the same smell as well, however we always trust our guest and offer the option for them to choose.

- WiFi signal was not consistency we already fix this problem by invited the third party company to re-install and fix this problem it’s will take time for few day and I can guarantee that will be completely fix.

- The cockroach in your bathroom made me very surprise because we never have the guest comment about that before and we do the pest control once a month, however I really appreciated you to inform me and I was contacted the pest control company to recheck for this.

- All the staff in Admiral Premier we much more happy to service our guest as you and I will re-train them to show our service mind to the guest.

- Regarding the Taxi in our location is not a main street then it’s some time to call them and it’s out of our control.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment and in-convenience caused. You can rest assured that this unacceptable standard of service has been addressed with the concerned Department Heads and every effort will be made to ensure recurrences of this nature are prevented.

Once again, Dee M we thank you for your constructive comments which are of vital importance to us in improving the standards of service and hospitality to our guests.

Warm Regards,

(Genneral Manager)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel claims to be 4 stars but nothing more than an average 3 stars in my opinion. The location is good and check in was smooth. Room was big with a comfortable bed. I liked the roof top pool although it is smaller than what it appears in the hotel photos. Break was just basic with some Thai food which I believe is the left overs from the night before. staff have very basic knowledge of English. On the checkout, we were told by house keeping for a broken wine glass which I had no idea and refused to pay. I was kept in the lobby for their tuk tuk service to the metro station which never turned up. Overall, not a bad experience but I would not go back there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shahrouz2014
Dear shahrouz2014

All of us at Admiral Premier appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on our location and the room and I am happy to hear you still liked our roof top pool even it's seem too small for you.

I am extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction in the some area. Our breakfast in not a large line buffet, however the hygiene of the food is our serious issue and our food are make day by day also we still have few choice for our guest to choose which is reasonably compare with the price.

Our Tuk-Tuk service is base on first come first serve basis, if it's was gone to sent the guest and another guest prefer to use this service the staff will inform to wait for few time depend on the traffic that time.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience may have caused to you regarding the glass wine.

I am sincerely Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and your comments will help us serve all our guest better in the future.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed here for three days in a Premier Studio in April of 2014.

+ I got a complimentary cold tea and refreshing towel at reception, and two bottles of water are provided for free each day. Nice touch.
+ Rooms are large and modern, with a pantry, including fridge and microwave, and cutlery for two. Pans etc. are provided by housekeeping if you ask for them.
+ The pool area is amazing for a property in that price range, with a nice view of the Sukhumvit area. There is is also a small gym (which I did not use).
+ Room service is fast (between 10 and 20 minutes for two main courses) - the food is okay, but nothing special. This also applies for the breakfast.
+ The staff were very attentive and professional. Housekeeping is thorough (they even reminded me of a beer bottle I had left in the fridge upon checkout).
+ It's close to Sukhumvit - a five to ten minute walk to Asok BTS/Sukhumvit MRT, there's a 7-Eleven on the corner. The Soi Cowboy red light district is right around the corner, but the property is in a quiet side street, so you won't be bothered by "sexpats" (yes, Lonely Planet poetry..) etc.

- The air con in my room was rather loud at times at night.

Room Tip: 9th floor rooms provide easy access to the pool. The balconies in the Premier Studios are not really...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
AdmiralPremier, General Manager at Admiral Premier Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Marcel L,

All of us at Admiral Premier appreciate your time in sharing us your comments and I would like to thank you for your compliments on our facility and the service provided by our staff .

Please accept my sincere apology regarding the Air con in your room. Your feed backs on our service are greatly appreciated and please rest assured that I will share your encouraging comments with the staff concerned as there is nothing more motivating them than to be recognized for providing exceptional service.

Marcel L, we sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Admiral Premier in the near future.