“Great value and staff”

Ranked #505 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
BC
“Great value and staff”
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying at the hotel now. Pick up was where they said it would be in a very prompt email reply to us when we advised them when we were coming in. Level two, "gate" four (it's really an exit door with the number four above it. We asked someone in the area if they knew if the Silver gold person was there and she got him and we left within five minutes. Staff carried all luggage in and were excellent. We actually were not even booked for that night as we had all our plane travel postponed one day due to weather. They honored our hotels.com booking from the previous night. Bed are hard. Get used to it in thailand. Clean. They have a really cool local pop up market on Thursday nights across the street including food, bouncy castles for the kids and tons of everything. Fun! Laundry services and wifi for 100thb for 15 hours of use. Taking the free shuttle back to the airport tomorrow to fly to Phuket. Would recommend for one or two nights. Tesco, 7-11 a few feet away as well.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShelleyPohl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Plain and simple but clean. Staff are friendly enough but it's a lucky dip to find one who is helpful. It was perfect for $16 for one night for two people. Shuttle van runs between the airport and the hotel for 150B every half hour between sometime early morning and evening. Breakfast isn't anything fancy. Toast, eggs, cheap orange juice and coffee. If you don't need a stunning place to stay and are needing accommodation close to Suvanarbhumi Airport it does the job. Too far out of Bangkok for a long stay though. Would recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here again in Dec 2013. We always use this hotel for arrivals and departures to Thailand, although this time, Dept only.
It is always good, the pick up and drop off airport shuttle is great, the hotel rooms are very good for the outstanding cost they charge, and the location is great with Tesco, Big C, an 7/11 all next to the hotel along with the afternoon/evening market.
The hotel cafe is very cheap too, we will always use this hotel as it always does what it says on the box. The staff are also always very helpful too.

Room Tip: No lift, so if you don't like stairs ask for 1st floor room, which is really the groud floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SimonNelson
Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Room is adequate but small with a bathroom where the shower gets the whole room wet. The street market is right outside the door, so no peace and quiet on that side of the building. The Big C is really a small C, and the Big C/Robinson mall is about 20 -30 minutes by taxi. (Appx 140 baht). No free in-room internet.... 100 baht for 15 hrs if you have your own tablet, or free internet on their computers next door, but be prepared for text in Thai. Would I stay here again? Probably not.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank IslandWest
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

First of all we only booked this Hotel as we had arrived from on a flight from southern Thailand into Bangkok at around 1pm. And because our flight back home to London was not until later that evening we decided to book a hotel room so we didn’t have to hang around the airport for 8 hours. We booked at the Silver Gold Garden thinking we could use our time to freshen up and maybe relax before heading back to the airport. In addition, we booked the round trip transfer with the Hotel in advance so they could pick us up and drop us back to the airport as well. Please be aware when I booked the hotel online from a third party website there is a separate option to opt for the round trip transfer (which has a added cost) or without a transfer – so it’s very clear. Seemed simple enough as we did not need a 5 star experience. Just a hotel close to the airport with a clean shower and AC - simple right?

Act 1: The day before arriving to Bangkok airport I asked my hotel at southern Thailand to phone the reception staff at the Solver Gold and speak in Thai and confirm my booking and my airport transfer (the reason I did this is because the hotel did not tell me where to go for my airport transfer as the airport is very big) But they told our hotel we needed to pay for the airport transfer service. However, I explained we had booked the hotel with the transfer service in advance and not just the room (FIRST LIE OF MANY). Eventually by miracle they found I had paid for it in advance and gave me a gate and door number to meet our driver at.

Act 2: Once we arrived I headed to the gate and door number told to me by the Hotel, and no one was their. I asked around the airport staff and they did not know as well. Instead, I was forced to endlessly look around for 30mins until out of nowhere a lady approached with a clipboard who asked for our names ticked us of the list and asked us to wait on the side. No hello, no apology no reasoning – NOTHING. I then asked where she had been and why I had been waiting like a lemon for 30mins when I had paid for the transfer. She then informed in broken English we would have to wait more before we went to the hotel.

So essentially, you are grouped in mass on a mini van and you will have to wait for the rest of the arrivals no matter how late they are. This is not a transfer service – but a bus service. When I tried to talk to her, she laughed with other staff members at the airport and turned her back to us – the most disrespectful experience ever. She blanked me and looked away not even acknowledging my questions let alone answering them. In addition, they spoke in Thai which seemed to be about us as they looked at us spoke and then laughed away. This was in Thailand so I let it slide as I didn’t fancy starting a fight in a airport (Thai prisons have a reputation). By then I gave up and jumped in a taxi and told her nothing about where I was going – giving her the same respect she gave me. I paid out of my own pocket to go to the hotel, which is a 15min drive in what was then low-level traffic.

Act 3: You would think the drama would be over when I arrived at the hotel and of course, I would get an apology and my transfer money back or my taxi money back. However, this was not the case. I arrived and asked to speak to the manager, the lady at reception insisted she was the manager, but by some miracle after 10mins she decided she was not the manager and that she is only working on the reception desk (WOW Managers don't work at reception?). I explained our story and was very angry by this time at being laughed at being made to wait an hour, she did not want to give me my money back for my transfer, but instead offered my breakfast tokens - didn't even get a sorry. I explained that we are leaving in a few hours so why would I want breakfast. I told her to give me my transfer money back and that’s the end of the story. We argued for over an hour and nothing. They even phoned the manager and her English was even worse. In short, the transfer only cost me £2, but the point is if some one robs £2 I want my money back. This was more about principle than anything else was; £2 means nothing and is not worth having a heart attack over. However, it’s the principle of being lied to and laughed at. The receptionist shouted at us and I shouted back. She has no customer service skills and is very very rude.

Before leaving the receptionist was even arguing with another girl in regards to her transfer and the fact she didn’t pay for the transfer, but by another miracle when she saw my face coming down she realised the girl had booked and paid for the transfer in advance.

I went to my room had a shower got dressed and left. Did not stay a minute longer than I needed to. Would rather spend my free time in the Gaza strip than this hotel.

Do yourself a massive favor, spend £10 more, and get something half-decent if you are looking for a stop over hotel before flying out. This is a massive scam and they clearly are getting people to pay twice for the transfer if possible, not only that but the transfer is based on filling the van up, so if your in a rush its not for you as you will wait over an hour or so.

But for the most part, please consider your dignity the most before booking, if you like being made a joke out of, laughed at, shouted at, spoken about in another language, ignored and plain insulted then this is the place for you. But if you do and have some human dignity stay well away – you have been warned.

Room Tip: Make sure you speak Thai as English is not a option
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank kam s

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights after my trip in Vietnam. It is lovely hotel with friendly staff and good location. room is big and clean! breakfast is ok ( basic breakfast) . Hotel manager is friendly and helpful. Valuable for money. I will stay in this hotel again if I have chance

Room Tip: ask for window room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with friends because we all arrived at the airport at different times and needed somewhere close by to congregate! The location is great, about 10 minutes in a taxi from the main airport-this should cost no more than 150 baht. The rooms are basic but clean and bright. None of us were too keen on the shower though-it was more of a wet room although the actual shower was quite powerful. The bar/restaurant isn't up to much, but if you're looking for somewhere to stay near the airport that's cheap, convenient and clean then I would highly recommend this one.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends