“Great place, great staff, like a little home away from home”
Review of Sivalai Place

Sivalai Place
Ranked #198 of 1,217 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Great place, great staff, like a little home away from home”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed a t Sivalai Place for about 3 months and was very satisfied. Top-notch rooms with flat screen TV's, nice kitchen and appliances, very comfortable furniture and beds, drink delivery to the room at low prices (very handy!!) and gym, tennis and swimming facilities is what you can expect as a standard.

The best part is that the owning family really makes an effort to make your stay in a foreign country as comfortable trying to make you feel home, if it's organizing activities, celebrating holidays together or just helping you out when you are in need.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Sivalai Place and thank the whole team for the great stay!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
sivalaip, Front Office Manager at Sivalai Place, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Sivalai Place. We hope that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you.

With Best Regards,

Sincerely Yours,

Front Office Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 17 February 2013

What is not to like; nothing. From the time I walked into reception on my arrival to the time I booked out, the service and help was fast, efficient and courteous. I have stayed in some pretty classy hotels before and the homely atmosphere at Sivalai Place far surpassed the other hotels.

My room was big, clean and air-conditioned and was all that I needed. The bed was big and comfortable and the sheets were very clean and nice and soft. Security at the hotel is taken very seriously, so on that score there are no worries. The amenities are very good and if you are into tennis and swimming, then this is the place to go. All first class.

I had all my meals at the hotel and the food was delicious, healthy and there was plenty of it. It wasn't expensive and the menu selection was very good. There was not one meal that I had there that I I'd not enjoy.

The room rates aren't expensive and instead of viewing that expenditure as a cost; look at it as an investment. You will want to go back, because I intend to when I travel more to Bangkok.

The management and staff are warm, friendly and helpful in the Thai way and culture and remember; if you never go, you will never know!!

Room Tip: Be specific in what your needs are when booking and you will get the right room.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Dear Value Guest,

I am really sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your positive comments and we really appreciated to read that we have made up to your expectation. Your comment has been shared among our team to ensure we will continue delivering good service to all guest.

I am looking forward to welcoming and servicing you. Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime if we can be further assistance.

Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I stayed at Sivalai Place for the month of January 2013. The apartment was very clean, with big rooms (with AC) and a well equipped kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave, dishes and more). The apartment building itself offers a very convenient laundry room, a swimming pool, restaurant and even some tennis court. When it comes to the location of the building, it is located in Bangkok Yai. From Sivalai, you can easily access the city center. It is also important to mention that the building is located in neighborhood with very few foreigners. This offers a very authentic experience! Another feature that I really appreciated was the rooftop terrace. From there, you have a very nice view of Bangkok's skyline.

When it comes to the personnel working at Sivalai, I must say that they were always very nice and helpful. Especially when you need a cab or advices! Although getting out of Sivalai is easy, coming back can be quite difficult if you do not know the way. My best advice would be to learn to say “Itsaraphab soi sam sib sam” (the address in Thai). Learning how to use the local transportation methods is also a good idea.

Overall, my experience was very satisfying and I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris G
Dear Value Guest,

We look forward to seeing you again hopefully, in the near future. Please let us know if there is anything you need on your next visit to make your visit to our hotel as memorable as possible.

With best regards,

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 January 2013

With regard to the apartment and living condition I can give 5 stars as its very spacious and very clean. Cleaning equipment is not provided and they expect us to buy them which is bit of a hassle as there are no shops closeby and it's not practical to buy cleaning equipment for a very short stay.The prices are amazingly affordable specially with the extras you get, such as the gym, swimming pool etc.
The restaurant has very tasty food and I loved the staff at the coffee shop. Though they never had any food items there are cheap snacks, ice creams, drinks etc. It's very convenient. If the coffee shop is close, the little shop opposite the apartment has basic snacks, yoghurt etc. Its run by a lovely family, the owner can't speak english at all but the little daughter does.
The security and other staff are very friendly but I didn't like the owner lady. Very rude and authoritative which should not be the case since we are paying her for the stay. Also, whenever we asked directions to go somewhere they offered to call a cab, but these cabs either quote high charges or take us down a long/far route to charge extra which was annoying! The airport drop charges were very reasonable though.
It's extremely difficult to catch a taxi from the apartment so you have to walk to the main road which is about 1km. The roads are very safe and silent, we enjoyed our walks but it could be really tiring specially after a long day of shopping.
The location is excellent if you want to go see the temples/ thonburi side of bkk but if you want to go to the city everyday or go shopping this place is not practical. Taxis can be expensive to the city and the bus (40 route) is cheap but will take atleast 1 hr! Make sure you catch the AC 40 bus to the city as that's faster and more comfortable. It was SO unbelievably hard to get a taxi to drop us to sivalai from the city as most of the drivers either didn't know the place/ area or didn't want to go. Make sure you print a map in thai and also write the address in thai language. When you speak say the name 'isaraphab, saam sip saam' (which means isaraphab 33) and say its near sriraj hospital- most ppl would understand the location by that.
If you walk 1km either way to the main roads, there's KFC, 7/11 (which has tasty microwavable ready cooked meals), Tesco, a fresh market, etc. There's a tops supermarket a few Km's away, has almost everything you need, too far to walk though, a taxi would be cheap.
Although the location let us experience the real authentic thai culture and their daily lifestyles, it would have saved both money and time if we stayed in the city.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dear Value Guest,

I am really sorry for the late reply. I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Sivalai Place and your positive comments. We hope that your stay was pleasant. I am really happy that you giving us as 5 Stars as its very spacious and very clean. Your comment has been shared among our team to ensure we will continue delivering good service to all guest.

With best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

The room is fantastic and especially considering the price, so I can't complain about that. The two times we have asked for help have been okay, but English is not their strong suit, as Thai is not mine...trying to get here is soooo hard....getting a taxi from here the boys ride a bike to the main road and then bring it back so the meter is already running. It is no big deal but just know that.

We have been catching buses here and there for two reasons - to get among the people (and they are so helpful) and because when we try to get a taxi back here no one wants the fare...like really...last night from Khao San Rd took two hours by bus cos not one driver would drive here.

The location is great in terms of being really among the locals and i love that...to get around beware....

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leo2407
Dear Value Guest,

I am looking forward to welcoming and servicing you. Please let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for our guests.

Scrignac, France
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We recently stayed for 2 nights - Dec 12 as part of our 6 week Asia tour and it was great. We had been up for 24 hours when we arrived and it was late. Welcome was very friendly and efficient. Room was great more than we had expected. Family run hotel and everybody was very friendly, helpful and could not do enough to help us. Olly in particular. Great value for money. Room was an apartment which was spacious, well equipped and clean. It's not downtown Bangkok which we were pleased with but close enough to all the things you need to be. Facilities were excellent as was the very well priced food. Def recommend and stay again for affordable accommodation. Taxi fare to nearer BST station was 70 Bh.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Value Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Sivalai Place. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
I hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at Sivalai Place.

With best Regards,

Tokyo
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Great hotel I with my friends stayed here for three nights. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. The swimming pool is refreshing after busy day in the city. The staff are very helpful. The food at Little is delicious. I ordered Padthai and it is far better than other places. Big portion at more than reasonable price. There is a security guard 24 hour and will go get the taxi. BTS is about 15 min and about 70 baht only. Temple of dawn and other cultural place is very close by. I recommend this unique place. I will come and stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends