“Choose Citadines Soi 8 for a quiet location”

Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok
Ranked #252 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I've previously stayed at Citadines Soi 11, but decided on a change and booked a stay at Citadines Soi 8. It turned out to be an excellent decision. I had a terrific stay here, and would recommend it to people looking for a quiet yet convenient place to stay.

The Citadines on Soi 8 is located on a leafy and quiet residential-style street. There is relatively little road traffic on Soi 8, and no bars/nightlife/cocktail cars in the vicinity of the hotel. Accordingly, Soi 8 is very easy and relaxing to walk, and is only a few hundred metres from busy Sukhumvit Road. The hotel offers a free tuk-tuk service that runs pretty late. It is a VERY different ambience to Citadines on Soi 11, which is on a busy street filled with bars, nightclubs, tuk tuks, taxis, touts and foot-traffic.

Stayed in an Executive Studio, and the configuration and furnishings are what you typically find at the Citadines. One bonus was that I scored a room which pointed in the direction of Sukhumvit Road, meaning that the room obtained a lot of natural light, and provided a half-decent view (see my photo). This compares favourably with Citadines Soi 11, where the rooms are typically a bit darker, as they are built close to the neighbouring building. As with other Citadines, the beds are advertised as queen-size, but next time I am taking a measuring tape. Certainly felt a touch smaller than my queen-size bed back home.

Pool is situated on an upper-floor and offers a nice city view, but it is small. Suitable for a quick dip only. Gym is decent, with enough equipment for a mini-workout.

Room Tip: More natural light in rooms that face in direction of Sukhumvit Rd.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 January 2013

It was a pleasant stay at Citadines. Booked a 1 bed room suite and it comes with kitchenette, ironing board, enough storage, hair dryer, TV, daily mineral water, etc. Staffs were friendly and there was free wifi for us for up to 4 devices per room. Cleaning of the rooms was a little late though, like 4 plus in the afternoon, but we were cool about it. The only thing that I didnt like about the room was that the shower head leaks as we shower, causing the bathroom floor to be wet most of the time. I prefer a dry bathroom and keep all water in the tub only.

It's a 10-15 mins walk from Nana BTS, but free tuk tuk is available and they are always ready to send us out. Just wait outside the street and usually the Tuk tuk will be out to fetch us, alternatively you can make a call for them to come out. It's also nice to take a walk back to hotel esp in the evening where there are yummy otahs, fruit juices etc to buy and eat along the way. Lots of pubs for you to seat down and people watch too if you are interested.

It's on the same street as the famous tailors, Crown and Tom's fashion. Hubby made a suit and a few shirts from Tom's fashion, and it was very convenient for us to do the fitting since it's near the hotel.

The massage place called Foot Joy has been the place we go every day. They masseurs are good and always occupied unlike other shops where they are always sitting outside the shop chatting and looking at their nails. We are happy with the service of Foot Joy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

Great location, close to bts station nana. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms aren't amazing but they are clean and comfortable!! Have stayed here before and I will stay here again! If your looking for a moderately priced affordable room I would reccomend this hotel to you.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank cwerg
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have stayed at Citadines Soi 8 on several occasions. Although small, the studio rooms are modern with thoughtful design and are also well equipped, down to iron and ironing board and even an umbrella. On a previous visit I tried a one bedroom apartment which gives more living space, but the bedroom itself was small. It's better value to stick with the studio. On all previous visits, the place has been very quiet, but this time I picked up noise from a loud couple in the next room, plus from the external compressor of their airconditioning unit. Perhaps on all earlier visits, there was no-one next to me! Staff are friendly and accommodating and the tuk tuk service to the end of the soi very useful, although the walk itself is not taxing. A good value place to stay if booked on line.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Second time I've stayed here in the past five months with my long distance mate. Great location with a short 8 minute walk to the main street, thus no noise when sleeping at night. The free shuttle service to the main road is useful and frequent. My friend had already checked in a couple hours before I did and it took awhile for them to give me the room key, unlike the previous time when they did it almost instantly- my name wasn't stuck on the reception desk and I had to say my friend's full name spelled out like four times. Actually its good that they do that. The room was a smoking one which was not good for me cause I had a sinus infection and the smell lingered. Safe wasn't working properly twice on both days but security came to fix it within five minutes. When I stayed the last 2 days on my own, the shower gel box glued to the wall fell off when I was showering and there wasn't any left so I had to buy a tube of shampoo/shower gel. Good deal my mate got online, price is definitely reasonable. Internet is rather slow though. TV remote control batteries weren't working so I had to buy my own and left it there behind, sadly.

Room Tip: if you don't smoke, take room 603. Fab room from previous time I stayed with my long distance pa...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Since its opening in 2008, I have elected Citadines Soi 8 as my residence in town. I am familiar with most 5-Stars hotel in Bangkok but, though they cannot be taken as a comparison due to the very different level, I seldom regret my choice.
Prices, decoration and services are similar to its sister hotels around Sukhumvit, but Citadines Soi 8 has a more relaxing and quiet location at the very end of a dead-end Soi, though still very close to the heart of Sukhumvit by either a 5 minutes walk or a very efficient onsite Tuktuk service, which is available on 24/7 basis even in the opposite direction, through a short notice phone booking while approaching the Nana station on the BTS.
Even the smaller studio room has a separate living room and though the furnishing is basic it is clean, with a convenient kitchenette.
A tiny pool as well as a gym and a laundry which is available on the fifth floor makes Citadines a perfect place to stay in downtown Bangkok for an affordable price, even if for longer than a short holiday.
Due to its aparthotel scheme there are not so many dining options, but the small bistro serves breakfast and snacks. A cosy patio is available for a sunset alfresco drink or dining.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We were allowed to check into our sufficient condo early since our flight got in aroud 6 am. The place is very clean and help is attentive to your needs. Our bags did not come and since we had flown for two days from US we badly needed showers. The breakfast is good for the money are very reasonably priced. Plenty of shopping, transportation and restaurants within walking distance. They even have their own tuk tuk. I love Thailand. This is an RCI, timeshare property.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple