“Great location near Sukhumvit - down Soi 8”

Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok
Ranked #262 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent 3 nights at the end of a 23 night tour of Thailand. The 2 bedroom apartment we had was wonderfully spacious and easily suitable for a longer stay. The public areas were well cared for and the gym and pool were lovely up on the 7th floor!

The rooms are still nice but starting to show a little wear and tear in small ways, loose cupboard doors and little things like that. The main disappointment was the bed, as with most Thai beds it was hard but also very creaky and in need of replacement (room 801). Not too uncomfortable though.

Breakfast downstairs was ok, a little disorganised and plates, glasses, cutlery was not organised well. However the pancakes were the best we had in Thailand!

Location about 300m off Sukhumvit was ideal for transport links. A tuk tuk will take you free to the end of the Soi where it is 2 minutes to the train, taxis are easy to hail and the usual tuk tuk / taxi sharks are loitering. There are lots of nice restaurants in the Soi and nearby, a couple of good shopping malls are within a medium walk. The hotel was quiet on a night, felt safe walking around the locality and the taxi to the airport was a not too overpriced 400 baht including the toll fees (about 225 baht on the meter plus toll fees).

We would stay again 100% but think a couple of minor improvements would certainly take the place to the next level and make it an unmissable bargain at about £63 a night.

Room Tip: High floors were quieter (801 was a great room with 2 bedrooms)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lockster
chaiya_k, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Lockster,

Thank you for drawing the apartment wear and tear to our attention. We have referred this matter to the attention of our maintenance team, and apologise for any discomfort this may have caused.

We are now looking forward to welcome you back again at Citadines Sukhunvit 8 Bangkok.

There are newer reviews for Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I did enjoy my stay here. If you register on their website--you can get better rates then anywhere else. And the service is great. The rooms are comfortable. If you get the one bedroom suite--the TV is only available in the living room. In the studio--you can slide the TV to your bed or to the sofa.

I must say--I did not think the bed was the most comfortable I have slept on. But I did not wake up with a sore back or anything. So overall--I cannot complain beyond the fact that I have slept on better beds.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms here are good. The swimming pool is on the eighth floor--so if you want to...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric Y
chaiya_k, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Eric Y,

Many thanks for taking the time to provided us your feedback. Your encouraging compliments are certainly appreciated and will be passed on to our staff to let them know that their efforts do not go unnoticed by our guests.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Normally, I would stay at a nother hotel just down the soi, but I decided to take chance with this hotel. I was pleased to discover another hidden gem in the many small hotels on Sukhumvit.

My room on the 8th floor was really the perfect size for a single or couple with a small kitchenette. All the amenities needed to cook were provided, even though I did use them. The design was modern and the room was well maintained. It was really hard to find anything that wasn't tip-top in the room.

The wi-fi worked well with my tablet. The bed was comfortable with a standard Western thickness mattress and clean sheets and styling. The sofa did not allow viewing of the TV from where it was placed but I am the "lay-in-bed" style of TV watcher anyway.

Check-in and check-out were easy. I was asked for a 200 baht cash deposit - no problem. It was returned as quickly when I checked out. Tuk-tuk service was available departing but pick up was almost non-existent. There is no call bell at the end of the soi so you have to wait. I ate dinner at one of the guay-tiew stands at the end and didn't see the tuk-tuk venture by once. The hotel has a bar (and restaurant?) neither of which I checked out but they had World Cup action on a big screen.

All in all a nice place to stay that I would return to.

Room Tip: Higher floors have somewhat of a view - only 8 floors to choose from.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Satewie
chaiya_k, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Satewie,

We at Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok are happy that your stay with us was enjoyable, and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed towards the end of last month during a quick weekend getaway in Bangkok. Booked this for a group vacation in August so wanted to see how the hotel rooms look like as well as location. My stay was quick & pleasant as there were no hiccups during the 2 night stay, from check in to check out. Here is the summary of my stay:

Pros:

-Smooth check in & check out, very efficient staff. friendly security guards
-Allowed early check in (11am) & late check out (2pm)
-Free tuktuk to Nana BTS (always available)
-Free WIFI, not super fast but decent for web surfing
-Located deep inside Soi Sukhumvit 8, good for those looking for a quiet night sleep
-Gym & small pool (used both during my stay)
-Separate shower & toilet area (plus for me but might be negative for others)

Cons:

-Units are on the smaller side, but good enough for small groups
-Property already showing its age, but everything still works
-Some fixtures need to be fixed (cabinet hinges in the bathroom), wooden floor needs waxing
-A bit of a walk, but you can wait for tuktuk service
-Breakfast is not good, for the same price you can get a better spread @ Adelphi Suites (buffet breakfast for THB 260 nett) 2-3 mins walk away

Overall, my stay was pleasant, comfortable & just okay. Nothing special but will definitely consider again as an option especially for a small group of 3 to 4 travellers

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on 7th floor - that is where the pool & gym is located.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Pual O,

Many thanks for your recent feedbak complimenting our staff for its courteous service. Maintaining a first-class level of service is a challenging task, therefore, it is rewarding to know when we have been successful.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

OK so I booked this hotel to compare it with my previous stay at Citadines Sukhumvit 11, Bangkok.
Pro's
Location and Staff are very good, and the 24hr Tuk Tuk Service is also very good.
It also is very suitable for Family, even though I am Solo Traveller I noticed a lot of Children with Parents enjoying the Hotel.
Con's
I am going to say where it is, down the long Soi, not good for walking back. This is why they have the Tuk Tuk service to make up for where on the Soi this Hotel is.
Only reason putting this as a Con is when you book this Hotel, make sure you plan to utilize the Free Tuk Tuk Service.

Also the second Con is the Breakfast included, it is not as good as the Breakfast at Citadines Soi 11.

All in all, Citadines Soi 8 has to be one of my Top 5 Hotels in Bangkok. So please take the Cons as only minor detractors.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RunBKK,

We would like you to know that your kind comments made many staff very happy. Pertaining to the breakfast we have highlighted your feedback to our F&B operator and reiterated the need to improve breakfast quality and variety, as well as, service standards. My team and I will continue to monitor their performance and service delivery.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Really good for long stay and staff is also friendly.
Don't hesitate to stay there again
Good Housekeeping and front desk staff really helpful.
Only downside thing I experienced was speed of internet connection

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rajitha M
chaiya_k, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Rajitha M,

We are delighted to note that our facilities met your expectation. We shall certainly convey your positive observation of their performance and encourage them to even do better for you and other residents alike.

Pertaining to internet, our Internet Service Provider has been drawn to your feedback. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience caused you during your stay.

We trust, you had a pleasant trip home and look forward to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok, soon.

Asisstant Residence Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2014

As per earlier review, there is no doubts of the apartment. We booked a 2-bedroom from 7/6 - 10/6 and the room was adequate for a small family. Check-in was fast at the reception and staff was extremely helpful. They tried their best to provide the best assistance available. There was a Tuk Tuk service which ferried guests to the main road Nana BTS. The ride was smooth and fun and driver was also friendly. If we are visiting Bangkok the next trip, we will book the apartment again as it made us feel like home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
chaiya_k, ผู้จัดการ at Citadines Sukhumvit 8 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear robertlim,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us your stay experience. Your encouraging compliments are certainly appreciated and will be passed on to our staff to let them know that their efforts do not go unnoticed by our guests.