“Great place to stay”

Ranked #50 of 616 Bangkok B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very good place to stay for the 5 of us, with a great location close to terminal one and public transport for both the sky train and the metro Rooms were good. Staff we very friendly and helpful and the breakfast and coffee were great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

This is a good place to stay. Nice rooms, clean with good aircon. Huge breakfast and great hospitality :). The location is close to the skytrain which makes it an easy access to the airport with public transport (a must during rush hour as traffic can be a nightmare).

• Stayed September 2013
Parma, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Modest. Very modest. My verdict is based on what I can get, as a single tourist in low season, for 40 euro per night in Europe. I can get far far better, and in incredible places like Florence or Barcelona. I’m giving 3, not 2, because of the staff, very kind and helpful. Also congrats to the cook for the noodles she served me every morning for breakfast (it was my choice). Delicious. They all deserve a rise. For the rest…you have some pictures. The place is well situated, in a quiet alley near a BTS station…but so are some other hundred if not thousand places in Bkk. The alley is…what can I. say…at least the area is very safe, I went around even in the evening and it was ok. The room was nicely furnished, enough for 1 person but small for two. I had a TV with 4 channels (!!!), not that it mattered. And there was (so to say) a wi fi, disconnecting every 3 or 4 minutes…driving anyone insane. The same all over the building (I tried everywhere). The owner has to take measures, a dreadful shame…Let’s talk about the view from the room (in picture). Ok, the view cannot be changed. But there is just a thick curtain at the window, and it has to be kept closed, day and night, or else persons dwelling on the opposite site will see you perfectly. Again for the owner: please buy also a normal thin curtain or the tourists will become claustrophobic!!.The room has air con, which is ok, but it also has the 3 units of all the rooms around just on its balcony (photo). This really means some noise. If combined with the noise from neighbors quarrelling at 2 am with their seemingly unpleased girlfriends and slamming doors… Ah, the window can be easily opened from outside with a little bit of force, the handle is barely in place (room 202) It meant a lot of inner peace for me….
The inn has a nice terrace. No one tells you about it, I discovered it only after reading on trip advisor. Why?!
Bottom line: there are some major drawbacks; most of them can be corrected. This is my first visit in Bkk , I don’t know what’s in other accommodations, but for this one and for now all I can say is: average if not worse.

Room Tip: I think the upper rooms are better
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank corinaZ
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Had a great experience here earlier in the week. The gentleman who works downstairs went out of his way to help us on a daily basis. Close to both forms of public rail system. Friendly, clean, and affordable - can't recommend enough.

• Stayed July 2013
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Booked 1 stayed 2 nights because I was very satisfied with this hotel.
Great location on sukhumvit, the place to be.
The hotel is located in an ally on soi 18. So on arrival I walked past the ally trying to find this little gem (I was pretty tired though).
Very kind english man manages the place. Very helpful bloke. The breakfast is basic, not spectacular but then again, a light breakfast leaves space for the amazing thai "street" restaurant food for lunch and dinner. ;)
The rooms are very nice/cozy and clean, spacious bathroom and good shower! There's a computer with internet in the lobby which is free to use and naturally free wifi (good signal and speeds).
It's under 5 mins walk from BTS asok station and MRT Sukhumvit. And there's a 7-11 around the corner. Taxi's don't really know the place so bring a map with the hotel on it so if you decide to take a (metered!) taxi you can show the driver where it is!

All in all great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I was prepared not to like this place because my expectations were already too high because of the rave reviews. But this place has exceeded even my high expectations.

Like other reviewers, my heart sank a bit when the cab driver dropped us off in front of this seedy-looking side street. But I was pleasantly surprised to see this hotel's facade at the end of the alley. Other travelers may consider turning back but trust me...keep walking until you see the end. You won't regret it.

Room was spacious and very clean. Bathroom was also very big and even the water pressure was strong. Never had a problem with hot water. Every day, we'd come back and our room was cleaned. Security was also great (We did use the hotels in-house safe). For the price, I never expected the room to look this good.

They have free wifi and it was fast. Breakfast was satisfactory...although I have to admit, I stopped ordering breakfast and we stuck to coffee because we wanted to enjoy Bangkok street food. Room had a TV and cable; and a DVD player. The hotel had books (including city guides) and DVDs that you can rent out for free.

Location was also great. We never had to use a taxi because the BTS was less than 5 minutes away on foot. Money changer very near the hotel also offered excellent rates.

Singh was an angel, always checking how we were. He helped us out whenever we wanted to go places, providing us with maps and instructions. He also assisted us in doing Web Check-in and allowed us to print our boarding passes. When we were worried about excess baggage, he lent us a scale.

A very few minor issues..but not even enough for me to lower the Excellent rating. We couldn't get the electric pot for hot water to work (complimentary tea and coffee). But we informed Singh the next morning and he said he would fix it. I am sure they would have replaced it if we complained that very night.

Lastly, for some reason, we were hearing a loud ticking noise and we didn't know where it was coming from. It would seemingly disappear for no reason so we never really bothered to inform the front desk about it. I found out that the ticking noise only happened when one of the numerous lights were turned on. I just kept that light off and we never heard it again.

Anyway, this place was well worth our money and we plan to come back next year.

Room Tip: If you have issues with your room, just inform the staff.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank croces
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Clean, functional, and big room and bathroom. Very close to Asok BTS, and Terminal 21 mall: very easy to move and shop around. Complimentary bottled water in the room every day, and okay breakfast. Great value for the price, more then recommended!

Room Tip: My superior double at the third floor was just fine!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo