“Elegant Chinese Dining Experience”

Bai Yun Restaurant at Banyan Tree Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #641 of 11,052 Restaurants in Bangkok
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sathorn
Melbourne, Australia
“Elegant Chinese Dining Experience”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Set high above on th 52nd floor of the excellent Banyan Tree hotel, the Bai Yun is a perfect dining experience. With great views of Bangkok city, the decor is stylish and elegant unlike most chinese restaurants which are noisy and you can't hear your companion speaking. Start with the delicious cocktails flavored with Chinese wine. I enjoyed the cocktail very much.

The menu is tempting - delicious and delicate flavours. I enjoyed the silver white bait as starters. The scallops were exquisite. And the typical Chinese BBQ pork with just the right layer of fat was yummy. Even the Chinese jasmine tea was delicate, not too weak or strong. The service was attentive and polite. It may be a bit more expensive than other chinese restaurants but i Highly recommend this restaurant. We had wanted to book the Bai Yun for new years eve dinner but it was fully booked and I know why.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, incredible service, not cheap!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We wanted to go to Vertigo but it was fully booked unfortunately, so we decided to try here instead (being hungry & lazy to find somewhere else). It was completely empty which concerned me but I needn't have worried.
Service: This was perfect. They even bought a little stool for my handbag so it wasn't on the floor (I can't stop being excited about this!). The waitresses were efficient, friendly, attentive & kind.
Food: This really was a wonderful experience for us for our 1st night in Bangkok. For starter we had Crispy Prawn Taro nest (This was lovely- although the peach & mayo salad combo that accompanies it was not to my taste. But I scraped off the mayo & ate the peaches!). Crispy shredded chicken spring rolls were delicious. For main we had beef in hoisin style sauce & sweet & sour pork. Some of the best Chinese good I've ever had in my life (and I absolutely adore Chinese food).
Price: with 2 starters, 2 small mains & a bottle of wine it came to 6000bht. This shocked me a lot so don't come here if you're on a budget. It's more a lovely, special occasion experience or for people who aren't on a tight budget.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent authentic chinese in Bangkok”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We dined at this restaurant twice as it was so impressive the first time around. The crispy duck pancake was one of the best I have ever tried, better than in most Michelin starred restaurants I have been. The dim sum too was very good, definitely worth going if you are in Bangkok. The staff are lovely and overall this was a lovely restaurant and I would go back when I'm in Bangkok.

• Visited October 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent view food is good service too bad”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This on 59 th floor of banyan tree hotel. The view is mind blowing . The corn soup is worth trying. The food is really authentic Chinese food. But the service is really poor the staff has no clue what's going on for a top Resturant in Thailand. It has huge dim sum menu . This Resturant is open for lunch and dinner. No shorts allowed. Worth a visit for its food and the view

• Visited October 2013
“Lunch at Bai Yun Restaurant”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Quiet, cosy ambiance to host a lunch. Food was delicious. Service was good.we truly enjoyed ourselves.