Bai Yun Restaurant at Banyan Tree Bangkok Hotel
Neighbourhood: Sathorn
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“so so”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stunning view from 59th floor of Banyan tree hotel with a modern stylish Chinese decoration, luxury and clean just meet the five stars hotel standard. However, all food I had was disappointed. I had a high expectation with classy Chinese restaurant. It turned out to be tasteless food with a great view of Bangkok. I went to had lunch here for a business meeting and all of us didn't enjoy at all. The service was bad, not very friendly staff, like anti-smile land here. I appreciated that the staff brought me a little stool for my handbag but the rest of the service needed to be improved asap. They didn't pay attention to the guests much such as didn't fill water when it's empty or sometimes they tried to collect my dish when I haven't finished yet. One time is more than enough, sorry

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Very disappointed service at Bai Yun”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We decided to have buffet dim sum for late lunch with an excitement since we heard it was one of the best dim sum restaurant in town but some how it turned opposite. The first impression that we walked into the restaurant, no staff noticed that we were standing there waiting for service. We were waiting for at least 5 minutes till we decided to approach them. And it was not busy at all, only 2 tables at that time.
After we seated and gave the order, the staff who served me orange juice spilled it on the white table cloth without saying any sorry.
Then I found a hair on my dish and have to ask to change it. This is really unacceptable for a fine dining restaurant in such 5-star hotel.
However when we brought this up to the manager, he responded with his sincere apology. But I don't think I will return to this place again and won't recommend this to any of my friend.

1 Thank adelaiide L
Melbourne, Australia
“Elegant Chinese Dining Experience”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Set high above on th 52nd floor of the excellent Banyan Tree hotel, the Bai Yun is a perfect dining experience. With great views of Bangkok city, the decor is stylish and elegant unlike most chinese restaurants which are noisy and you can't hear your companion speaking. Start with the delicious cocktails flavored with Chinese wine. I enjoyed the cocktail very much.

The menu is tempting - delicious and delicate flavours. I enjoyed the silver white bait as starters. The scallops were exquisite. And the typical Chinese BBQ pork with just the right layer of fat was yummy. Even the Chinese jasmine tea was delicate, not too weak or strong. The service was attentive and polite. It may be a bit more expensive than other chinese restaurants but i Highly recommend this restaurant. We had wanted to book the Bai Yun for new years eve dinner but it was fully booked and I know why.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, incredible service, not cheap!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We wanted to go to Vertigo but it was fully booked unfortunately, so we decided to try here instead (being hungry & lazy to find somewhere else). It was completely empty which concerned me but I needn't have worried.
Service: This was perfect. They even bought a little stool for my handbag so it wasn't on the floor (I can't stop being excited about this!). The waitresses were efficient, friendly, attentive & kind.
Food: This really was a wonderful experience for us for our 1st night in Bangkok. For starter we had Crispy Prawn Taro nest (This was lovely- although the peach & mayo salad combo that accompanies it was not to my taste. But I scraped off the mayo & ate the peaches!). Crispy shredded chicken spring rolls were delicious. For main we had beef in hoisin style sauce & sweet & sour pork. Some of the best Chinese good I've ever had in my life (and I absolutely adore Chinese food).
Price: with 2 starters, 2 small mains & a bottle of wine it came to 6000bht. This shocked me a lot so don't come here if you're on a budget. It's more a lovely, special occasion experience or for people who aren't on a tight budget.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent authentic chinese in Bangkok”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We dined at this restaurant twice as it was so impressive the first time around. The crispy duck pancake was one of the best I have ever tried, better than in most Michelin starred restaurants I have been. The dim sum too was very good, definitely worth going if you are in Bangkok. The staff are lovely and overall this was a lovely restaurant and I would go back when I'm in Bangkok.

• Visited October 2013