“Made my tummy happy”

Ranked #482 of 11,765 Restaurants in Bangkok
Neighbourhood: Banglamphu
Neighbourhood: Banglamphu
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We found this small restaurant for lunch after visiting the grand palace. We didn't know where to eat, so we just went for the closest from the palace.

It turns out the food was good, the price was good for my pocket, has air conditioning after a long hot day at the palace, and one of the most important thing for me is CLEAN TOILET!

Very decent place to eat

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My sister and some friends and I were taking a tour of the temples in the area and were getting hungry. Krisa's caught our eye and as we looked through the menu at the front of the shop we were convinced that we'd get some good authentic Thai cuisine inside. This was confirmed when we saw many local residents eating here as well. The staff are very friendly and helpful for those who may not be knowledgeable about Thai food. I'd go here again.

1  Thank HR Dude
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We chanced upon this little place across the Grand Palace.
Had initially wanted to drop in another shop a few doors away (near to Subway) but they were full. We then saw Krisa, checked out the menu and went in.....and realised their prices are half of the shop we initially wanted to go to.

We were lucky there was an available table near the door. The staff promptly brought an extra chair for our bulky bags.

Ordered 2 types of rice noodles in spicy soup and baked chicken with garlic. Staff understood English well.

While waiting for our order, we saw how they had to turn away customers almost every 1-2 minutes because the place was full. If there was a table of people finishing soon, they would ask the waiting customer to wait 5-10 minutes. Otherwise, if no one seems ready to go, they will just say the place is full with no more seats. There are seats upstairs, but were apparently full too.

The food was unpretentious and delicious. I loooved the baked chicken with garlic. Though a little oily, the meat was baked to perfection, came off the bone easily, still tender yet flavourful.

This could easily be one of my best meals in the several days I spent in BKK, I would definitely be back to eat if I were in the area again.

1  Thank SandyTSingapore
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Like: all food that we ordered were very nice (green curry, pad thai); location just in front of Grand Palace and easy to find out
Dislike: limited seat so sometimes they have to reject the incoming guests

1  Thank EkaterinaKG
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Dropped in here for a quick bite before visiting the grand palace. Place was very busy but the service was fast and the beer was cold. Excellent value and tasty thai food.

1  Thank Duncan1958