“Rude service, out of nearly everything”

Ricky's Coffee Shop
Ranked #18 of 530 Coffee & Tea in Bangkok
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Banglamphu
Reviewed 15 March 2014

What used to be one of my favorite places has taken a turn for the worse. The last time I went I had to approach the counter for service and it was as if I was inconveniencing them by placing an order. They didn't have any Mexican food, no pesto. They didn't even have soda water. They then proceeded to complain to me that I never come when they actually do have food and yelled at me for eating at other places. Hmmmm. Apparently if you live here you are not allowed to eat anywhere else and have an obligation to be their customer.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I just been here again a few days ago.
Since 10 years the have a constant good quality of coffee, food and salads.
This is the reason, why there are always many people from the offices like UNICEF, FAO and UN at lunchtime.
My favorite is Coffee Late, a fresh lime juice (manao ban) and spinach feta omelet or a mixed salad. If i am hungry and I want something else than Thai food, this is my choice.
It is a little bit noisy like most places in Bangkok, which are close to a street.
I can only recommand this place, if you are looking in this area for a good breakfast with real good coffee

1  Thank madmaikel
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Ricky's is a favorite of a number of friends in the area because while not every single dish they make is what you'd hoped, many of them are and the ingredients are high quality - as is the kitchen work.

The sandwiches are often excellent, as are the sandwich wraps. The pasta dishes and fusion Thai dishes rock and there are various other things on offer. I'm a native Texan and have some issues with the Mexican, but there are a couple of tasty options there even if the authenticity isn't exactly spot on. The bread, though, is always good - a rarity in Bangkok. Their flour tortillas are the best in town.

They also have Beer Lao, and have even when it was relatively rare here, so that's a plus.

The decor and environment in general are very friendly and interesting, the food's excellent, it's a 5 minute walk from Khao San Road, a 2 minute walk from Phra Athit Pier (river boat) a 5 minute moto ride from the canal boat pier at Panfaa, a 3 minute walk from Thammasat and maybe 10 minutes from the Royal Palace, Wat Pho and Hualamphong. What I'm saying is, if you're around these areas, put Ricky's on your list.

And, just for the hell of it, get the roast beef blue cheese sandwich wrap and the chicken pesto spaghetti. Fantastic. I've attached some photos.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

to go for breakfast in the Pra Arthit neighborhood. We've been going to Ricky's (at first in another location) for over 12 years. The fruits and juices are fresh, they were the first to serve top grade teas and coffee drinks and the omletes & baked goods are great. The lunch foods look good too, but we couldn't eat every meal at Ricky's! I love the sort of "old Chinese shop' decor in an open air restaurant. I hope they never go out of business.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

OK, that might be a slight exaggeration. Samsen Soi 4 has another Ricky's with a bigger menu including an English breakfast and some amazing looking burgers. The people who run it are from Buriram province and they are wonderful. Set in an old shop house this cafe seats maybe 20 people. They open around 8:00am and close early ish around 6:00pm. I have probably eaten in this place 20 times. It's opposite a bike hire shop.