“Need some maintanance” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #292 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Need some maintanance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed there 2 years ago, it was great. Walking distance to various shopping centres. This time round, room was old, bathroom needs to be cleaned. Generally it is good for budget travelers. Street food below the hotel was good, that was one of the reason why i chose this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kasuji

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stay in citin for 4D3N, it was quite a pleasant stay! Taxi do not drop you infront of the hotel, they normally just drop you at the main road. We took some time to locate the hotel but i research enough to find the place sucessfully! The street food along the alley to the hotel is very nice! The size of the hotel room is quite acceptable for a short stay, not very big tho and quite poorly lighted. The security guard and bell boy are very friendly and helpful, they provided me tuk tuk service to the nearest BTS and its was raining heavily! Breakfast was the only dissapointment, very little variety. The massage was so-so but relatively enjoyable. They can book taxi for you to the airport at the price of 350 Baht. Cheap and enjoyable stay at citin. I would say their bell boy at the lobby really do a very good job. Good work citin staff!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DucatiDesmosedici
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel from 17-Jul-13 to 23-Jul-13, the rooms were small but very decorated and all the amenities are well placed,the staffs are good specially the security and bell boys,food is very poor as its only vegetarian but overall its a good hotel to stay!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rahat316
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Both of my friend and i returned to stay in Citin Pratunam Hotel for the 2nd time. If not, last time they were fully booked this will be our 3rd time staying here. We enjoyed staying here. Everything is great for us. No complain for us. What touches our heart is when we asked for help to go to the national stadium (man utd vs singha all star match). Instead of asking us to take taxi (which is super expensive), one of the staff walked us to the airport link and took the train then changed their local bus. I had even applied their membership which allowed me to book my next stay at a super cheap rate... Thank you, Citin.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Prawit C, General Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear Alicegoh,

Thank you very much for staying with us again and for your gracious compliment. We're more than happy to welcome you back and glad to know that you have applied our membership card with will allow you to book and stay with us for a very special price and more benefit.

We're looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future

Regards,

Nasik
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed in Bangkok from 9/7/13 to 12/7/13 for 3 nights in Citin Pratunam. Its in a busy alley. The cars dont drop u there. When me, my wife and my 3 yr old reached there, it was raining heavily. We had 3 bags to be taken to the hotel and the were dropped off at the main road.The travel company did their part of the duty. It was told to us from Pattaya itself that such would be the case.Anyways my wife was very irritated at the time and the room added to our woes as it was very small for 2 adults and a child. the staff seemed uncooperative at the time.
But when we came back the next day we realised that the place was close to a lot of shopping activites food and Indira square just round the corner. It was a bliss. The staff rew friendly with us and my son was taken care fo very well by the staff and boys there. This is a family destination.
The breakfast is only vegeterian and that was one of the major disappointment of the visit to Citin.The staff offered to change our rooms but we realised that the rest of the rooms were smaller than ours.We stayed in 1203. we liked the place and will visit again!

Room Tip: 1203 seems better than the rest. All rooms are non smoking by the way!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Vinay2405
Dear Vinay2405,

Thank you for staying with us and for spending of your valuable time to write and share the feedback regarding your visit at Citin Pratunam. We're glad to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one even though some disappointment from the room that quite small for you and family and the breakfast we serve is a vegetarian breakfast which is our concept of the healthy food. We hope these will not spoil the rest of your good memorable stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Saw the many good reviews about this hotel and decided to give it a try. Booked 4days & 3 nights. Price is indeed very reasonable. Good thing that I had printed a map from the hotel website, which has both english and thai. This comes very handy when showing to the taxi driver. The hotel is located in a small alley, the lane is really congested with street paddlers and the taxi driver refuse to drive me in and dropped me outside the lane and told me walk right the rest of the journey to the hotel. Carrying 3 bags, I had to find my way there. Glad the walk is less then 3mins to reach the hotel.

The front desk staff were ok, not really friendly and helpful. Perhaps they had a long week plus there was a guest complaining about the additional charges incurred during his stay. The staff was trying very hard to explain the situations but like what we know, sometimes is really difficult to please everyone. So by then when he served me, he(hotel staff) was still a upset what happen earlier on, wasn't too glad to see me. Good thing that another lady staff, came to the rescue and help me to check in.

The room (superior twin bed) was clean and tidy at the first look, but when I pulled the comforter back, to my horror the bed sheet is stained with black streaks. I tried dusting it off but unable to clean. So I called the front desk, they immediately offered me to change room but I told them I had already unpacked my stuff and will be too tedious to change room. So I asked to change the bedsheets instead. To me, it just the sheets that are dirty, not the room. The front desk was very prompt in settling the issue for me, this is good! Waited about 20mins for the housekeeping, and when they came, they were not too happy about changing the bed sheets. I had to show them and proof to them that bed sheet is dirty. They reluctantly nodded and changed. So I left the room in good hope all is in order. Later return and discovered there were black specks and tiny hair all over the bed sheet but good thing I can dust them off. I was too tired to call the front desk and wait for another change of bed sheet or room. The furniture in the room is pretty run down, and the bed spring is not working well too. Some areas of the bed 'sink' in once you sat on those spots. The room is not carpeted so any dirt or hair will be spotted easily. The cups are not washed after usage. It seemed like they only clean certain part of the room. Regardless of the tips I gave everyday, the room cleanliness and order is only so so, especially the cups unwashed. Overall the housekeeping did a below average job. One thing I will do recommend to those who stay in this hotel is to go for the spa massage. I was given a foot massage coupon and I upgraded it to a oil massage with 250THb. It was really good!! Very ideal after a long day of walking (hours of shopping).

What I do like a lot about staying there is that the location is near to the infamous Platinum Mall (about 10mins walk), Pratunam market (5mins walk). If you are daring type to try out the street food, you will not be disappointed with carts and carts of cheap local fares. I totally enjoyed eating those! Fried chicken which tasted so much better then KFC, fried rice with egg, bbq pork (like satay), bbq fish(whole fish) etc etc. In the morning, you can just walk over to the market and eat fishball noodles. Also lots of those small bakery stuff like steam cakes, sandwiches etc.

Advice for those who travel solo, the area will start getting quite from 630pm (BKK time) by the time it hits 730pm, its really really quite. It is a huge contrast from the morning bustling to dead town kind.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joanna A
Dear Joanna A,

Thank you very much for spending of your time to write and share the feedback following your recent stay with us at Citin Pratunam. We're sorry to learn that your stay was not enjoyable with a bit disappointment from the housekeeping staff who did not clean your room properly which is not our standard. On this we have to apologize and I will seriously look into this point to make sure all the guest room is clean and double check by supervisor before given to guest.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Medan, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

When we told our taxi driver to drive us to Citin Pratunam, the taxi driver laughed at us and kept on telling us "semol semol semol" *small in thai accent.
Me and my friend were nervous that we are going to spend our nights at some small dirty hostel.

And yes - the hotel located at a very small alley.
But to our suprise - the hotel is clean. The room is clean and the bed is good enough for budget stay. (of course it won't be like a 5* hotel bed's comfy - but good)

No breakfast provided - but no worries, since there are lots of street stalls selling Thai's food - which I LOVE so much.

And the hotel taxi driver - Mr. Kitti - is very friendly.
I truly recommended him as the most friendly and reliable driver.
His songs selection played at this taxi is great - he even gave me his flask disk for the song copies. *thank you Mr.Kitti* -
Unfortunatelly, I am unable to contact him again for my upcoming visit to Bangkok on next month. Seems like he had already change his phone no.

Overall - the hotel is good enough - but don't expect extra ordinary service from the staff - It will be plain vanilla as other budget hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MKartini
Prawit C, General Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear MKartini,

We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and wish to thank you for spending of your time to write and share of your experience to others. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Citin Pratunam and Mr.Kitti will be very happy to meet you again too.

Best regards,