“Very helpful and friendly staff!”

Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #278 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 17 May 2014

First time staying in this hotel. Location was good. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Decent room space and clean. Good wifi connection. Near to shopping area, bts and mrt. Lots of food stalls along the streets.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Nena C
Tatsani P, Operation Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with Citin Pratunam Hotel and share your impression to other guests. We will keep up the standard of service and looking forward you in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stay for 3 nights from 13-16May 2014 (bought via deals.com.sg)  then late check-out to 6pm paying 750baht extra. We clearly told the staff we would like to extend to about 4 to 5pm. The staff told us we would have to pay 750 baht extra thou we are entitled to late check-out till 4pm. During my stay there, they did not honoured all of what I was entitled for, service was bad and the most I was disappointed of is their integrity. Below are the details copied paste from the website.

"Package includes (for 2 pax):
-FREE high speed internet access
-FREE half day city tour (except admission fees)
FREE 30-minute foot massage
-COMPLIMENTARY late check-out till 4pm (subject to availability)
-15% massage discount
-20% discount card at Siam Ocean World (Siam Paragon)"

Guess what, they only honoured free high speed wifi & free 30 mins foot massage (ONLY ONE PAX AT A TIME) I stunned upon what they mention. I'm with my family too a total of 7 adults.  It's totally a joke to have 6 person waiting when while 1 is having the massage. And of course,  we definitely would top up an hour for that as 30 mins is too short. Nonetheless,  its too ridiculous to go 1 at a time. We just patron the massage parlour next to the hotel instead.

In addition, the hotel provide free tuk tuk service. During my stay there we asked for it they claimed it was down, the tuk tuk met with a accident.  That's alright, we understand.  But, my family saw it moving healthy! (It's with hotel name printed on it which we could identify very easily.) My family stayed there since 11 may. So from 11-16may there's no tuk tuk service. To add on to frustration, when we asked for a cab, they told us "the cab cannot come in here, you have to walk out to main road." I was shock of the reply. As I saw cab infront of my eyes right at the hotel door. We then walked out to the main road. On the next day, while trying to catch a cab at the main road, we saw the hotel staff catching the cab for the guest at the main road. Sub standard service rendered.

The most disappointing was the hotel staffs does not have any integrity.  My samsung tab was stolen during my stay. Firstly,  I DID NOT ask for any room service neither did I ask for make up room. (There's a button to press for request) I DO NOT know who GAVE them the permission to enter my room. I left my samsung tab in the hotel once is reach the hotel before heading out. When I came back, to my horror my room was packed and my personal stuffs was shifted. We did not realise it till we reached the airport when the immigration officer asked if I've any laptop or tablet with me. Then, I realise during my stay there i didn't see my tablet after the 1st night. Called the hotel to check if I've left anything behind. They said no straight.

To summarise my trip to bangkok, it's all spoilt by this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank wjsquare
Reviewed 16 May 2014

THIS HOTEL DO NOT DESERVED A 4 STARS AWARDED BY TRIPADVISOR.
I stayed there for 3 nights and I came across this hotel because there is a deal going on via deal.com.sg. This package includes FREE half day tour service, FREE 30 minutes foot massage, complimentary late check out till 4pm & 20% discount of Siam Ocean World (Siam Paragon) & FREE Tuktuk service but they failure to honour 4 out of 5 which they only honour 30 minutes of foot massage. They claimed that the tuktuk is out of service because is not functioning but the following day I saw the tuktuk is perfectly fine. I did not sound out since I'm already left 1 night over there. The 4th day morning, I realized that my room air-conditioner is not working so I called to ask someone to take a look, 20minutes later he is still in our room fixing the air-conditioner but I'm going out for breakfast so I just left him alone since he has the excess card to enter any rooms. So i came back during afternoon as I need to check out before 1pm but before I enter my room, my room was open due to the guy was repairing the air-conditioner. So, done with checking out and etc and the driver of mini van is waiting for us to send us to airport and the staff called for my attention and ACCUSED me for consuming their alcoholic beverage (Beer) which I did not consume at all. Just because they claimed that the house-keeping staff did not manage to find in my room and insisted me to pay for 80.25BAHT. Though is an small amount, but I don't think I am deserve to pay what I did not consume. In conclusion, they decided not to ask me pay anything at all.
One of my relative stayed there as well, apparently her room one of the beverage(Green Tea) is missing too. So I suspect that the staffs did not replenish the necessity stuff before the next person stay in the room. During her second day, she did not ask for house-keeping or press 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign so the house-keeping staffs assumed the room need to be tidy up. Eventually her tablet was stolen as she place it on the table after the house-keeping staff have tidy up her room. Though there is no evidence that is the house-keeping staff who take it away, but is obvious enough no one has the excess card except them.
THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I EVER STAYED.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 0507SS
Tatsani P, Operation Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear valued guest,

First off all, we would like to thank you for choosing us as the accommodation in Bangkok trip. And we are deeply sorry about all your inconvenient experience. Regarding your feedback we will check and correct in the concern point. However, could we do some explanation below :

- Our booking condition with Deal.com.sg about late check out 04.00 pm is subject to room available.
- Siam Paragon & Ocean World discount card available at Front Desk and able to received before going there.
- The free half day city tour please contact Front Desk.
- During your stay our tuk tuk is out of order and waiting an outsource company to take to the garage. Apologize for not able to provide this service to you.
-We do the mini bar record in all room and refill everyday by our Housekeeping. It is their routine during room cleaning. When some mini bar missing we do charge the expense to guest room if our guest inform that they did not consume we will trust and respect our guest so we do rebate that expense. Basically, we will ask the guest first about mini bar expense from guest room but not mean we accuse our guest, please do understand us.
-On 16/5/14 around 06.00 pm. our staff received a call from your relative room 1508 who check out from our hotel at 05.30 pm. Guest inform that about forgot the tablet in room so we check with our housekeeping and not found. The guest accept this without any notice of stolen. In that time if guest assume that our staff steal something, we are willing to bring staff to do an investigate by police at police station to clarify the truth.

Finally, we are sorry to cannot make your stay valuable and satisfy. If we get a chance to welcome you again, we confident that you will see the improvement.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights when I was in Bangkok last year October to celebrate my boyfriend 20th birthday.

The service is good and there's free tuktuk. It's near platinum and even bts station.
Just take the free tuktuk and you will get to your shopping mall or bts station within mins.

I also love the service provided there. The have this guy seated at the lobby and he would be able to answer to all your queries about Bangkok. Dont know your way to Chatuchak? Ask Him. Dont know if you should take tuktuk or taxi back to hotel? Ask him. He is a live version of google to be exact :D . I'm thankful for this friendly and helpful uncle.

Also, when I was leaving the hotel to take train back to BKK airport, the hotel service helped me to carry my luggage all the way to the mrt station. He took us to the shortcut and instead of taking bts, we took mrt. It was indeed near and I'm impressed of the service provided.

Thus my boy and I gave him tips before we left for our train to BKK airport.

Room Tip: Get the room with bathtub if not they will give you the rain shower one instead.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us and we are very glad to know that our service and facility are satisfy your need. We will keep up and maintain for all our customer. And we also looking forward to service you soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed in Citin every single time I went Bangkok in the last 3 years and sadly, I have seen how it has deteriorated over time. The lobby no longer smells of lemongrass essence and nobody bothers holding the doors for guests anymore (staff are all too busy with their phones). Tuktuk was out of service when I was there, disappointing for my son. Breakfast venue changed from a spacious, comfortable layout to a cramped arrangment with quite a pathetic spread. I don't need big changes - I just long for the good old Citin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear value guest,

Thank you for your support since the past until now. For the mention at defect point about lemongrass essence and doorman assistant, we will rectify immediately. But the restaurant space we could not do same the past, however we will improve the variety of food. Finally, we expect to welcome you back and see our refreshment.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had some difficulty locating the hotel initially... but asked the locals and they will helpfully tell you where the hotel is =) Good location and room is clean! Staff are friendly and will answer any queries.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tatsani P, Operation Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing us even the location quite hard to find. We are glad to know that the accommodation and service are satisfy your need. We hope to welcome you back to Citin Pratunam Hotel someday.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is my 2nd times stay at this hotel, worth the price and the staffs are very helpful!
One thing i want to highlight is about the TV channels all in Malay.
I think the staff just based on the country where you from and random choose the channels for you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for repeating stay with us and share good feedback about staff service. We will maintain this quality for all customer. And we are looking forward to service you again soon.