We stayed at the citin pratunam in feb. The reason we chose citin was because it is in pratunam shopping area and of course its price. Below are the pro and cons of this hotel:
Pros: 1) It is very new, probably less than a year. And the bed is comfy with nice LCD TV.
2) It is located at pratunam, convenient for shopping.
3) The rate is cheap, less than 1500baht per night.
4) Some of their male staffs at the lobby are helpful with our request for a metered-taxi to the airport. Credits to the security guards too.
Cons: 1) The room is very small. Smaller than some of the guesthouse i have stayed in.
2) The small road leading to the hotel is dark, populated foreigners and it looks dangerous at night.
3) Breakfast is poor.
4) Service is poor, they do not entertain complaints by guest.
5) There are insects in the hotel because they were spraying insecticide when all the guests were still staying at the hotel!
6) Their free tuk tuk is a very poor service. Why give us a free tuk tuk when your driver can only drop us off halfway and make us walk the rest of the journey alone?
Well, i was staying with my girlfriend. The only thing we treasured from the stay was its short distance to pratunam shopping area. But we had difficult time trying to find the hotel, feeling unsafe at night and not very happy with the manager at the front desk because he does not entertain our complains during our stay. I will definitely pay a little more to stay a better hotel.
Nonetheless, i can reccommend this hotel for backpackers or solo male travellers with a budget in mind and a short stay. The hotel is also getting old faster than i thought. I hope it is by giving their best service, best facilities and rooms that can attract/keep the customers of citin; and not b only giving low rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the city's vibrant Pratunam neighbourhood, Citin Pratunam features 126 studios designed in a modern style. Facilities and services include 24-hour reception and security, WiFi Internet connection, in-room electronic safe, LCD flat screen TV with satellite channels and more. Additional facilities include Citin Cafe which serves vegetarian fusion cuisine, Citin Spa for those tired feet, a sauna and gym. Within walking distance or a short ride by our free tuk-tuk shuttle service are Pratunam Market, Platinum Mall, Pantip Plaza, Central World and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citin Pratunam Bangkok
- Hotel Citin Pratunam