“terrible mistake - stay elsewhere”

Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #282 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 March 2009

hotel is not so new by now and the service is uneven. the surveillance cameras everywhere gave us the creeps. the in room air-con is inadequate and somewhat noisy. they didn't offer any complimentary breakfast .

the staff are OK but the duty manager (mr vicky) was a pain. The guy added 600 baht to our double room bill when three of us shared the room; but he didn't tell us it was a compulsory charge or even offered us a triple bed (which was what he was charging us for!). In fact, he informed us only after we were checking out.

the hotel is located in the bowels of the pratunam garment district, a long walk from the main road. we almost always had trouble with cab/ tuk tuk drivers finding the place and sometimes they demanded extra or tried to exploit the situation - it wasn't worth the trouble. it wasn't nice either waking up to all the cacophony and smell either, and brushing shoulders all day with locals pushing all kinds of trolley or business people from africa lugging bales of garment does nothing for us.

it was a very very strange place to put a hotel. not recommended for families or for people who want ot relax. there are probably many better value for money hotels elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank cheebye
Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 3 March 2009

1  Thank MKINA98
Citin, Resident Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2009

Reviewed 2 March 2009

We stayed at the citin pratunam in feb. The reason we chose citin was because it is in pratunam shopping area and of course its price. Below are the pro and cons of this hotel:

Pros: 1) It is very new, probably less than a year. And the bed is comfy with nice LCD TV.
2) It is located at pratunam, convenient for shopping.
3) The rate is cheap, less than 1500baht per night.
4) Some of their male staffs at the lobby are helpful with our request for a metered-taxi to the airport. Credits to the security guards too.

Cons: 1) The room is very small. Smaller than some of the guesthouse i have stayed in.
2) The small road leading to the hotel is dark, populated foreigners and it looks dangerous at night.
3) Breakfast is poor.
4) Service is poor, they do not entertain complaints by guest.
5) There are insects in the hotel because they were spraying insecticide when all the guests were still staying at the hotel!
6) Their free tuk tuk is a very poor service. Why give us a free tuk tuk when your driver can only drop us off halfway and make us walk the rest of the journey alone?

Well, i was staying with my girlfriend. The only thing we treasured from the stay was its short distance to pratunam shopping area. But we had difficult time trying to find the hotel, feeling unsafe at night and not very happy with the manager at the front desk because he does not entertain our complains during our stay. I will definitely pay a little more to stay a better hotel.

Nonetheless, i can reccommend this hotel for backpackers or solo male travellers with a budget in mind and a short stay. The hotel is also getting old faster than i thought. I hope it is by giving their best service, best facilities and rooms that can attract/keep the customers of citin; and not b only giving low rates.

1  Thank garylim007
Citin, Resident Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2009

Dear garylim017,

First of all, we would like to thank you for staying at Citin Pratunam and giving us a very helpful review and we must apologize for the any inconvenience caused you during staying with us. We seriously taken your review as a first priority to improve our quality and the services to ensure that your next visit to Citin Pratunam will be most presant.

Reviewed 2 March 2009

I and my wife stayed at Citin Hotel for 5 days and we really enjoyed it. The hotel is located in a strategic location, near major malls, which makes it a real shopping paradise. We could go to various malls by foot. Besides, the hotel provided free tuk-tuk services when we asked for it.
The rooms were very clean. Internet connection was provided in both LAN and wireless format. It was not very speedy, but good enough for a holiday, as long as you will not be using internet a lot.
Above all, it was very nice experience and I will definitely consider using this hotel in future if I come to Bangkok again.

2  Thank Mehran_2008
Citin, Resident Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2009

Dear Mehran_2008,

Thank you very much for staying at Citin Pratunam and giving us a very helpful review. We're pleased to know that your stay at Citin Pratunam was pleasant and apologize for the inconvenience regarding the internet service that not working fast as you wished. We'll look into it and improve on that area. We hope to have chance to welcome you again at Citin Pratunam in the near furture.

Resident Manager

Reviewed 23 February 2009

I really liked this hotel. I traveled by myself and felt very secure. The hotel consists of 2 buildings across from each other. I've stayed in both of the buildings. It's a very new hotel. My only complaint was that the shower with tub didn't have a shower curtain. I guess I'm just not used to having the whole bathroom wet after showering. The room was clean and the lay out was nice. The big flat screen tv was great and so was the internet service in the rooms. The breakfast is vegan which I'm not but I thought was very good. The hotel is a little hard to find for most taxi drivers even with a map. I would often just have them drop me off at soi 21 or at Pratunam Market and just walk (maybe 3 minutes) back to the hotel. The area had some great vendor foods. I really didn't bother eating in restaurants that much. I did eat at Once Apon a Time which is within walking distance. That place is really great! I can't wait to take my family there. They serve local cuisine. Just remember to bring or wear bug spray. Mosquitos just love me tho. The other place I ate was this indian restaurant on the same street as the hotel. Don't go there! They were over priced by thai standards and you got so so little for the price you paid. I was still hungry after I ate and I really don't eat very much. You got more rice than anything. Shopping was great around this place.....so inexpensive and great variety. Plan to go back next month with my family and stay there again. Also, I forgot the most important part, Siam Health for a massage. It's located within the closest mall there on the 2nd floor. I've only had foot massages there but I'm sure anything they do is great. The price was a little more then most places but it was worth every baht. The skytrain is pretty far but the hotel offers a free tuk-tuk service. I pretty much just walked the 20 minutes it took but I wouldn't do it during the hotter months.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Sam_Scott
Citin, Resident Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2009

Dear Sam_scott,

Thank you for staying at Citin Pratunam during your holiday in Bangkok and please to know your stay at Citin was pleasant. Your comment regarding shower curtain was brought up the attention of the management and it's now being installed in every room. We're looking forward to welcoming you again at Citin Pratunam in the nearest furture.

Resident Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2009

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amyganlh
Citin, Resident Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2009

Reviewed 19 February 2009