“Unbeatable Location with Fabulous Hospitality!”

Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #296 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Unbeatable Location with Fabulous Hospitality!”
Reviewed 15 September 2010

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights.
Shopping and Food PARADISE!!! You could not ask for a better location. The Citin Pratunam is in a great spot right smack in the Bangkok city area, being situated virtually walking distance (or try out the FREE TUK TUK service by the hotel) to the awesome Platinum Shopping Centre, within walking distance of other equally large though and classy shopping centres such as Paragon, Siam City and many more. All other attractions can also easily be reached by foot. Entire street lined with stalls & restaurants when you come out from the hotel.
Every single staff member we encountered could not have been more friendly, helpful or polite, they truly go out of their way to show an excellence in customer service especially Loo (Sabahan as well), they made you feel at home straight away and request you had would be granted.
The room was brilliant, clean and tidy.
The vegetarian food was fantastic, YOU SHOULD TRY OUT VEGETARIAN ICE-CREAM! We were more than happy with the price for what you got.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
UK
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I have stayed here a number of times and this recent stay was by far the best I have had. The housekeeping has improved drastically. The rooms have maintained their impeccable standard, nice and clean with blackout curtains so you get a proper nights sleep.
The bathrooms are awesome with thei rain shower. After a hard day of walking around Pratunam, experiencing the wonderful street markets, the rain shower is the perfect answer.
Out of the many new small boutique hotels that seem to have opened up in Pratunam, I would say that this is undoubtedly the best.

Yes, the street you have to walk up to get to the hotel isn't the best, but that shouldn't really be a problem if you are walking around Pratunam. But the area is very safe and secure. Also, you get free wifi in the rooms too.

I shall definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Modern hotel, clean and in the middle of the shopping district.
I recommend book transport through the hotel and not a taxi. Its very difficult to find the hotel for taxidrivers. And the street to the hotel is very small!!!

The rooms are small, but modern and clean! I really liked this hotel!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We stayed there for 2 nights. The hotel is new, The rooms and the bath are nice and clean. The staff are very friendly. Thanks to them for making our stay comfortable. Only let down is the road leading to the hotel. It is a back alley. Our tour guide van find it so difficult to drop us there. The road is so narrow that only one vehicle can pass. Anyway the hotel is near to restaurants and shopping centre, Very easy to walk there. The hotel massage was good. Will be stay there again the next trip.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Citin Pratunam was just opened when I visited Bangkok.

Staff had EXCELLENT services. Security guard was always at the gate to ensure guests' safety; staff helped me to book a taxi from hotel to airport so that I need not pay ridiculous prices (you know how Bangkok taxi drivers like to overcharge); food, though was indian vegetarian, was tasty and i enjoyed thoroughly. Rooms were very clean. The only hiccup I had was that the first room I was allocated to did not have hot shower. I was soon given an alternative room with a bathtub. :)

Hotel is also within walking distance to major attractions.

The only disadvantage is that the hotel is located along one of the small streets. We had to learn to utter "Left, Right, Straight" in Thai so the taxi driver can understand us :) We usually direct the taxi driver to Baiyoke Boutique (somehow all of them know where Baiyoke is), and then we will direct the driver into that small street.

One of the best value-for-money hotels. I paid less than 35USD per night for a double bed with bathtub inclusive of 2 buffet breakfasts. Awesome!

I highly recommend this hotel for youth travellers.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Found out about Citin Pratunam from the internet, but finding the location was a little tricky. Even a local friend who drove us from the airport find it hard to find the place! it's kinda stuck in a back alley with a very small road leading to it.

Now to the check-in time...was kinda dissapointed when they gave us 2 single bed, when i've requested a king bed in the request form. When asked to change, MR.Garfield (front desk staff) informed us that there's no king size bedroom available at that time.

Now to the bedroom....very very clean and modern! I'm very particular about toilets but i have nothing to comment about Citin's toilet...SUPERB!! For a budget hotel, they even have a hairdryer, tea-making facilities and mini bar. And with all these, i've forgiven them for not getting us the king size bed! (but the next day, when we got back to our room, the 2 single bed was already joined together!) Kapkunka!

Location wise (in terms of shopping).....SUPERB!! It's located in the heart of the Pratunam wholesale area. And it's just less than 5 mins walk to Platinum Fashion Mall and Indra Square. But it's basically just Clothes and Clothes and more clothes around the area!

Halal Food is also easy to find. The same road down the hotel there's one Indian halal restaurant and a Thai restaurant called An-Nur. Good food. Sorry we didnt try the hotel food though!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Arishahakim
Jakarta
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I am a 17 year old male traveling with my parents, who are in their 50s.
My mother chose this hotel after reading the reviews here at TripAdvisor, but I myself didn't know anything about the hotel beforehand.

After a quite long trip from the airport, we entered an area packed with activity - taxis, peddlers, tuktuks, locals, and tourists alike - I had my doubts because the area seems a bit...uncomfortable.

But when I arrived at the hotel itself, it blows my mind. The hotel is really nice and new, with simple, effective, and efficient design. Although the rooms themselves are not quite roomy, but the hotel managed to cram nearly everything you'd need (safety box, mini bar, tv, you know, the usual stuff) while still keeping it neat and comfortable.

Everything is clean and looks good. The staff are quite helpful and polite. The food are adequate. Nothing's wrong at all. I totally recommend this hotel to everyone out there looking for accommodation around the area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Raka_Putra
Citin, General Manager at Citin Pratunam Hotel by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 8 September 2010
Dear Raka_Putra,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write and share your feedback following your recent stay at Citin Pratunam Hotel.

We are delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us with favorable impression of our hotel facilities and our friendly staff. Your kind compliments will be shared with the entire team.

We hope that your future visit Bangkok will include us and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back with warm and Thai hospitality.

Yours sincerely,