Patumwan House
US$89
US$265
US$241
Okura Hotels
All reviewssiam paragonnational stadiumwendy housekitchen areahotel is locatedmoney exchangerooms are hugesuite roomwithin walking distancecentral worldstayed here for nightsbts skytrainvery nice hotelair conexcellent locationshopping mallstreet food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I arrive to the hotel on wednesday night, ask for a room, they gave me the 630 and for 3 nights the price was 1000 bahts night, and the problem was when i go to pay, they ask me 1400 for night, thats a 40% raise, and they said that they never said 1000, so i pay cause i have no paper showing real price, so ask them first price in paper, they are thiefs!!!

Room Tip: Recomiendo no ir!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Virrulin
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We (my wife, daughter & me) stayed in Patumwan guest house for about a total of 10 days in Jan-Feb 2011. We found the hotel clean, comfortable and spacious. Despite being close to major commercial centre (Siam, MBK) the hotel is secluded and quiet. We could even leave our suitcase in their store when we went away touring to some other neighbouring countries.

Improvements needed in WIFI connectivity in rooms. Restaurant should be improved. I am glad to learn that breakfast package has been started. One most important thing would be to provide tea/coffee making facilities in room. It will make a huge difference.

We would definitely stay in Patumwan House again, soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank binailama
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This hotel is situated just a short walk from the MBK shopping centre, Siam BTS station and Jim Thompson House.
The hotel is very clean and the rooms are huge. Each room has its own fridge and sink. The rooms are a bit dated and the furniture and bathrooms really need updating but they are OK.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.
A standard room with breakfast cost 1200 Bhat which is pretty good for the location. Breakfast on the first morning was not so good. The staff just seemed to be disorganised. On the next couple of days it was fine and there seemed to be another member of staff on duty who knew what they were doing.

Room Tip: Standard rooms overlook a central atrium. Deluxe rooms have external windows but cost a bit more
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silverpablito
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I have often stayed at Patumwan House during the past six years. It is my "Bangkok Home" away from home. On this occasion I booked a twin room for a friend and myself and another room for my daughter who had just flown in from Vietnam, exhausted.

The reception staff were as welcoming as always and advised that a "breakfast buffet" has now been included in the slightly higher price of rooms. Since my friend does not eat soi food, this seemed a good option. It wasn't! The American (only) breakfast was adequate but the kitchen staff (one girl only) was very slow in making poached eggs or replenishing the cereal and drinks. So breakfast was bland and slow. How I wished for the soi food!

Guests at breakfast were all very friendly, and from interesting places. I met some charming people with sympathetic interests and outlooks.

The rooms are cool, spacious, quiet, clean. Beds are hard-ish but comfortable. Linen is clean. Showers need to be relocated to a higher point on the bathroom wall to allow guests a "hands-free" shower. Security at this hotel is excellent.

This hotel is a tranquil oasis within easy walking distance of Siam Square and National Stadium, Siam, and Ratchathewi BTS stations. It is also very close to the klong that has a water-taxi service to Pratunam.

Room Tip: If you value natural light, ask for a room with window on the outside wall of the building
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Marie B
Patumwan_House, General Manager at Patumwan House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for the great review. We are proud and delighted that you have chosen us over the past six years.

Regarding the buffet breakfast, it was a new addition that we wish to offer to our wonderful guests before they leave our place with quality food, drinks and fresh fruits. It has been only a month, so we apologize for the lack of expertise. There may be some other lackings that we need to rectify and in the future, we shall try to do even better, so that you can enjoy the services of our hearts.

We truly thank you for the comment about our low shower hanging point. We will try to improve that and relocate it.

Patumwan House would like to thank you so very much for your trust in choosing our service. Let us be serving you again next time you visit Bangkok.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed at Patumwan House for a little over a month on a recent business trip to Bangkok. Patumwan house is set up as a serviced apartment for long term stays. However, they take daily and weekly guests as well. The hotel is located at the end of Soi Kasemsam 1, which is a short one-lane road with many small hotels and guest houses near the National Stadium BTS station and across from the MBK shopping center. Siam Square is just a short walk away. I always stay somewhere along this little road when I come to Bangkok and Patumwan house is in the quietest location on the street.

The hotel has interior rooms that look out onto a central atrium that is a bit dark, and if there were guests across the way, it would be easy to see into each other's rooms at night if the curtains were open and the lights on. On the plus side, these rooms do not get direct sunlight so they stay relatively cool during the day even when the AC is off. Another plus is that you can leave the AC on if you leave the room for a short time, unlike many hotels where you need your key planted in a little receptacle in order to run the AC. Patumwan House also has outside rooms that are a bit more expensive (maybe 200 baht more). Some of these probably overlook the canal that runs behind the building, but I didn't ask to see these rooms. Prices were 1000 baht per night for the inside rooms when I arrived, but have since been raised to 1200 baht. The price does not include breakfast, but does include a medium-size refrigerator, a spacious room, and VERY clean facility. There is a decent restaurant with breakfast choices for around 50-80 baht. The laundry service on-site costs 50 baht per kilo and will finish your laundry overnight.

I normally stay at the Reno Hotel just up the street, but found this hotel to be a little less expensive with rooms that are noticeably larger and nicer. Reno Hotel is 1280 baht per night including breakfast but with no refrigerator. It is 1420 baht per night with refrigerator. Unlike the Reno Hotel, Patumwan House does not have a pool, and the rooms also do not have a safety box for storing passports etc. But the rooms stay cooler during the day, and there is less traffic noise in the mornings. There is also free Wi-Fi which works reasonably well, whereas at the Reno (at least as of summer 2011) you had to purchase Wi-Fi access for about 50 baht per hour. Finally, Patumwan House has fewer TV channels, but some of them are better. For example, Patumwan House has two HBO channels and CNN, which the Reno Hotel did not have in 2011, but Reno has several English language news channels from various Asian countries as well as one from Australia. Unlike the Reno Hotel, Patumwan House also does not accept credit cards or even Thai bank cards. I will stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business