Tenface Bangkok
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$371
US$295
US$171
All reviewssim cardtuk tuk serviceliving roombts stationthe main roadrooms are hugeshuttle servicesmall alleyquiet locationhotel roomlumpini parkwashing machinefree shuttleruamtaxithaitrain
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We loved Tenface, the room was huge and the balcony an added bonus.
Location wise it was easy to get around yet Tenface is in a quiet residential area.
The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. You get an awful lot for your money here.
One word of warning, if you get carryed away with the nespresso machine in your room you will pay, they charge for each capsule! But you dont have to drink that much coffee so our own fault?
Breakfast was good but a little expensive.
Bathroom was great and complimentary toiletries were of high quality,
I could go on and on, best hotel I have stayed in Bangkok to date, I have been 5 times.
We are going back February 2014 so we will definitely book Tenface again.
Thank you to all at Tenface!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night passing through Bangkok - was an ideal choice - well appointed, clean room, great service and a really impressive breakfast. The pool is only a lap pool but good enough for pushing out some lengths.

Room Tip: City facing is a good choice
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We decided on Tenface because it looked really good from the pictures and reviews. Compared to the other hotels in Bangkok, it offered great value as well because you were effectively getting a room of twice the size for a similar price.
However, when we got there, we were a tad disappointed as we found the service staff to be untrained and inattentive. The rooms were a bit worn and the welcome box didnt have the ipod pre-loaded with itineraries and movies that other reviewers commented about. This didn't bother us too much.
There was a coffee machine in the room but the charge was THB 161 per capsule! We didn't think it made any sense to use the machine, especially with the number of nice cafes around the hotel.
The location was a bit far from the BTS and given the traffic in Bangkok, we were very reliant on the BTS to get around. The hotel did offer a tuk tuk service but you would have to wait for them to pick you up from the BTS station when you called and there was an instance when we waited for quite a while because the tuk tuk driver was "booked". On hindsight now, it probably makes better sense to stay close to the BTS so that you can walk there rather than rely on a service from the hotel.
I went down to the pool for a swim one morning and found it to have a layer of oil/grime at the top, as if it had not been clean for days. Needless to say, I decided to go right back to sleep.
Overall, it wasn't a great experience and given the choices of hotels in bangkok, I'm sure I won't be returning to Tenface for future trips.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

The amazing decor, the pretty good location (although at the end of a dark hard to explain alley to taxi drivers, even with the hotel card written in thai) and the service all contribute to a very nice stay. But when you can't find your electric shaver and bottle of cologne anymore when you pack up for check-out, and ask hotel reception about it and they say they haven't "found" anything and don't even give it consideration, you feel quite cheated. I really liked that hotel and wanted to go back but this kind of behavior will prevent me from it. To me that's completely unacceptable from an upper class establishment like this hotel pretends to be.

1  Thank rigg4d
Reviewed 28 January 2013

The service, decor, rooms, everything is perfect!

We love this place! However, on the first night, I was bitten by bedbugs on my legs and didn't realized its bedbugs till on the 3rd morning, i have more itchy marks all over my legs, neck and lower back area.

Called the hotel and they said they will clean up the place etc, but still on the last night, i was bitten again on the neck!

This is frustrating as the hotel management did not bother to check with me about the bedbugs bites and did not even asked about it.

Doctor told me that I will need at least 3 months to recover from the bites and scars. Some scars may even be permanent.

It's such a waste as we really enjoyed our stay here, and wanted to give a 5 star rating!

DO BEWARE OF ROOM 1805!

Room Tip: Avoid room 1805 due to bedbugs
3  Thank Dustcollector