“Excellent place for a business trip”

ibis Bangkok Sathorn
Ranked #222 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent place for a business trip”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first stay at an IBIS hotel and it was excellent. I stayed for business for only 3 nights but it went very smoothly. The IBIS is within walking distance to the department of civil aviation which was my primary reason for staying here. The internet was good but it did cut out for 5 or so minutes every few hours which was slightly tedious but is the only criticism of the establishment. It is also within walking distance to the subway station lumpini and Thai restaurants as well. I had the breakfast once and was reasonably priced at 250 baht. There was a good selection on offer but was too much for me so I opted for local food for the rest of the days. There is a 7-11 across the road which is good for snacks and hygienic amenities which you may have forgotten. Check in was smooth and took less than 5 minutes. Check out took even less time since I had prepaid, just a key drop. The room itself is standard but you get what you pay for. Had a clean double bed, tea, coffee and a kettle along with a proper shower and a safe. The TV had many channels on it from probably 20+ different countries which is always a plus. Overall great stay would recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Top room was quiet and no prying eyes from other buildings.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on our TripAdvisor!
We are glad that you found our hotel well located, overall ambience clean and very satisfied with the service rendered.

At ibis, we aim at providing our guests with warm welcome and services at great value for money for a wonderful experience. We will maintain our quality of services to meet our guest satisfaction and will pass your compliments to our team for encouragement.

Thank you again for your kind compliments to recommend our hotel and all of us at the ibis Bangkok Sathorn are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phuket
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I decided to stay at Ibis Sathorn for my very short trip in Bkk, because its location was okay within a walking distance to BTS and MRT. But since I took a motorcycle from/to the Chongnonsri station several times, it always took me a while more than expectation. That's why I don't believe the hotel really sits within a walking distance to Chongnonsri station per their description on the website. This was one thing I was so disappointed. Apart from that, the hotel also mentions on the website about shuttle bus service so I expected to have that service during my stay, yet I found on arrival that it was out of service! This perhaps was just my bad luck...

However, the room was nice though due to a good maintainance and cleanliness. I actually almost forgot my frustation about the transportation, but it started again when I did use free WIFI. Everytime I book a hotel, the most important thing to me is the free wifi. So I chose to stay here because of that too. Anyway it was damn slow. The connection was poor and I even can't check emails..... It perhaps was just me having such a bad luck.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ITobe
Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback It's great to know that you liked our room.
Your satisfaction is of great concern and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Pertaining to your concern about walking distance to BTS and MRT. Kindly be informed that our hotel located in the heart of the business district, at walking distances from the famous Lumpini Park and close to subway (Lumpini MRT station) and Sky Train (Saladeang BTS stations).

At ibis, we aim at providing our guests with warm welcome and services at great value for money for a wonderful experience, therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We look forward to welcoming you at ibis Bangkok Sathorn soon!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This Ibis hotel is situated at Soi Ngam Duplee, at walking distance to lumpini Park. As all the Ibis hotels in Thailand, it is quite recently build so rooms ar clean and look good.
Staff is friendly. Easy check in and out.
Price/quality is above average, as long as you book direct at Accor booking site.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sammypla
Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at ibis Bangkok Sathorn.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service delivered to you, met your expectation.
We definitely await your return to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to ibis Bangkok Sathorn very soon.

Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed for three nights .Buffet breakfast was good, variety of items and good taste. Staff is friendly and helpful. Recommend for quality stay.Location is good , close by shopping area.Worth to spend for staying.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at ibis Bangkok Sathorn.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and that you liked our room, cleanliness, services, helpful staff, prime location and the great value for money. It is our brand promise to bring satisfaction to our guest with standard accommodation, quality services at the best value for money. We will maintain our quality of service to meet our guest satisfaction and will pass your compliments to our team for encouragement.
We hope to welcome you again in the soon future at ibis Bangkok Sathorn!

Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Honestly, I felt this was a not bad hotel with cleaning condition and friendly employees at first experience but one of midnight shift female employee was rude and mean to me.

Here is my awful experience to share with your guys. I went back to hotel around 2am on May 2 early morning and asked FO staff to give me wake up call. She attitude was okay but her attitude was very bad since I asked her to give me wake up call 2 times; one was 6am and the other one was 6:30am. I was so tired; therefore, I did not argue with her and I went back to my hotel room. Couple hours later, I did not hear any wake up call ringing at 6am and 630am; therefore, I argued this part to her when I left hotel. She checked computer systems to tell me that the wake up call had ringing and I also answered phone call already. I swear to God, I did not hear any phone call ringing. As a result, I was so angry and got conversation fight with her. She said she rather believes system and not my talking. I also told her I didnt answer any wake up call from front desk but it might be a ghost to help me answer wake up calls and her answer was it might be. Hence, I requested to talk with manager but she asked me to sit in the lobby to wait until 8:30am but I had to join my one day tour at 8:30 so I requested to call manager right away again again and again but she likes a robot repeating to ask me sitting in the lobby to wait her manager until 8:30. I started to yell her and the other FO staff tried to help me to call manager. She stared at me when I was waiting her manager.

I highly recommend other guests who want to choose this hotel to choose another because awful employee will make you unhappy to affect your traveling mood a lot. This hotel location is not really good because you have to walk about 15 mins from MRT station with hot and humid weather, so I took cab anytime. I rather spend more money to stay in Silom or Siam because it can save taxi fees.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank chunglinhuo
Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

We constantly aim to deliver a professional service to our guests and on this occasion the level of service you received was not of our usual standards please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Rest assured that we are looking into this matter and continuous and ongoing training is being conducted for all of our team members.

We are committed to improve and provide excellent customer service for all guests and ensuring that all feedback is not only responded to but an effort is made to ensure that action is taken to prevent future occurrences.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we will be able to welcome you soon.

Singapore
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Room is great, clean and sufficient. Fridge is not cold though. TV programs has decent selections. Breakfast can be better if more hot food is served. Convenience of 7-11 near by, and free transport to Silom is also a great add-on service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Oruma S, Manager at ibis Bangkok Sathorn, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are glad that you like our room and happy with our shuttle service.

Pertaining to your feedback regarding to breakfast and fridge have been highlighted to the respective team for their immediate follow up.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the not to distant future.