iCheck inn Mayfair Pratunam
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$374
US$295
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe main roadtuk tukphaya thai airport linkplatinum mallwholesale marketshopping areadeluxe roomnice hotelhotel is locatedthe hotel staffwalking distanceairport trainbudget hotelfried ricequiet at nightshort staycentral world
Reviewed 17 November 2013

1) When I checked in, I brought a screenshot that said "free breakfast included" since I read reviews they won't honor your free breakfast. Reviewers were right, the hotel did not honor it.
2) I read a trip advisor review to ask for shortcut to hotel (otherwise it is a 30-40 min walk from BTS/airport link), hotel knew of no shortcuts.
3) We paid the extra person fee of a ridiculous 600 BAHT, but received no extra items (ie bath towel, hand towel, coffee, etc)... what is the point of paying an extra person fee if we don't get anything for the extra person...? We asked for an extra towel and they were completely out of clean towels in the whole hotel.... you don't carry any extra towels?!
4) The staff gave terrible advice. As this was my first time to Thailand, I put all my trust in the staff to give me the most reasonable and affordable way to get places- they suggested booking taxis with them was always the best way- found out later it was a huge ripoff every single time. They must get some kind of commission to book taxis for their guests.
5) The hotel's welcome book says to not trust taxis/tuk tuks because they are commissioned to bring people places. This is precisely what happened with a taxi we booked through them to take us to the Floating Market. He took us to a tourist trap to receive commission, i asked him to bring us to the local boat and he refused... Because of the hotel and their hipocrosy, we lost $100 from this trip. The GM's response was "we are not responsible for the taxi drivers we book for you"
6) Staff told us finding taxi would be hard and bad traffic both times to airport- staff was wrong. Plenty of taxis on streets and no traffic. Ripped us off $26.
7) Hotel booked us a taxi and told us it would be 400 Baht to airport. We got in the taxi and taxi driver said 500 Baht. Again, the GM took no responsibility for the taxi drivers they book for their guests.
8) Upon checkout, we were ready to go to airport, thinking checkout would take a minute. Checkout took 25 minutes. Hotel asked me to pay over 4000 baht for my stay. I told hotel I had already paid online before the trip. Hotel said it did not show in their system. After 25 minutes, hotel found out they were wrong and wasted our time.
9) I wrote a super long email to GM about our horrible stay- how the hotel started my trip terribly and ended it terribly. GM "investigated" for one week. Result: Nothing was their fault. Compensation: Free stay with free breakfast on next visit.... Really?! First of all, yeah right on the free breakfast. Second, if I were to go back to Thailand, why on earth would I want to stay at this hotel after absolutely NOTHING went right?

Room Tip: Do not book a room with them! Spend your money elsewhere!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Xoxomeimei
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Was lil bit far from main road but hotel provided tuk tuk service which was okay..n bit helpful.nearer to central shopping hub of thailand.rooms were okay.one fat girl in reception was lil arrogant ...must learn hospitality. Food was good . cleanliness good.rooms were lil smaller but best to its price..lack of of swimming pool. Anyway its all together ok.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank maahiraman
BWMayfair, Front Office Manager at iCheck inn Mayfair Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear maahiramann,

On behalf of Management we would like to thank you for your feedback.

Arrogant
This word is not belong to BEST WESTERN Level of service we promise to take serious working on it.

Once again we will more than happy to welcome back to BEST WESTERN Mayfair Suites on your next visit

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Two things made me review against this property.

First is location. Although it's close to Siam Shopping area, it is located deep in small lanes and streets. The address didn't help either since many of my map apps didn't quite find the right place. They did have a tuk tuk service which takes you from the main street to the hotel but i knew it only after calling the front desk being tired of looking for it for almost one hour. my suggestion is that they should put more detailed direction on their website so that first time guests wouldn't get lost. there was a shortcut to the BTS station told by the staff. however, sometimes the door which the path went thru was shut down!

second problem was that we waited about 40 minutes to check-in. there was only one staff at the front desk even though the hotel was fully booked and there were a lot of guests waiting to be served. it took the staff 20 minutes to find out booking because she finally realized that we booked on Best Western's official website! absurd! she explained to us that they were really busy at the time. but then why didn't you get more people helping?

The good thing was that we were upgraded to a nice large room with two beds. the hotel was clean and modern. but there were much precious time lost for us just looking for the hotel. maybe it could be a better choice for those who had stayed here before. if it is your first time to stay there, get your homework done before you leave!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Isla_Yu

Dear Isla_Yu,

On behalf of Management we would like to thank you for your feedback.

Indeed your points of view is very important to help us go through the right way to improve our service need

Hotel address
We are now working on it with web master to re-arrange and up to dated all information.

We will more than happy to welcome back to BEST WESTERN Mayfair Suites we promise to provide our speed check in which is our general practice.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Initially, the location of the hotel deterred me away from booking but after much considerations, i decided to give it a go since there were so many positive reviews. Indeed, Mayfair did not disappoint me. Although located deep inside an alley, it is not exactly inconvenient as there is tuktuk to drop you off at soi 11,13,15 and they are always readily available, if not just a 5 min wait. tuktuk drivers are super friendly and helpful, bellboy is equally helpful as well. they always greet me when they see me. receptionist is very polite and helpful, their standard of english is also enough for you to understand and get things done.

rooms is super super super good. i had a free upgrade and the king size bed was super comfy.
room is generally clean, i won't say it's dirty at all but of course don't be anal and look at the corners of your bedside table, bound to have dust.

there is fox channel available and movies are usually on repeat but its ok because they screen movies like titanic, walking dead and many other good movies but usually i KO straight away when i lie on the bed because the bed is so comfy and the aircon can be adjusted to cold temperatures!!

cons:
not a con but just a feedback.... breakfast ends too early but i guess it's just me, it will be good if it can be extended because tourists tend to shop till midnight and couldn't wake up in the early morning. I missed somedays of my breakfast because i just simply couldn't wake up from my slumber. the bed is too comfy.

One thing that really really bothered me is that the room cleaning service for the bed is not done very well. the blanket was just flipped over and reused. no change of a new piece at all. i would rather they don't flip because the outer layer is dirty as we normally sit on our beds while waiting for our turn to shower (friend in toilet) and when we eat instant noodles we might stain the outer layer of the bedsheet so i wouldn't recommend ur staff to flip it over... it's either they change it or they tuck it back nicely??

but overall, it's a very good hotel for the amount of money ive paid for. i will come back again. thanks for making me trip a pleasant one!

Room Tip: check properly what offers you are entitled to. maybe u can be upgraded to a better room? :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Rinko L,

Thank you very much for your kinds sharing experience while stayed at our hotel hospitality

Thank you again for your feedback of breakfast time we will considering again to do whatever it take to suitable needs

We Hopefully to welcome you back at BEST WESTERN Mayfair Suites on your next holidays

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Good and nice hotel...clean and spacious room...within walking distance to baiyoke sky area to eat and shop...Otherwise u can take the hotel tuk tuk to the main road and platinum mall is just across the road...Overall good hotel for that price...

• Stayed: June 2013
BWMayfair, Manager at iCheck inn Mayfair Pratunam, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Jimmy F,

Thank you for your feedback we are glad that you enjoy your stayed with us at BEST WESTERN Mayfair Suites Bangkok!