“Clean n quite place to rest from the exciting city”

iCheck inn Mayfair Pratunam
Ranked #320 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I love the nice, clean and quite nature of the hotel, and the rooms are very clean, the hot shower and toilet work wonderfully! And there's free in-room wifi! Location wise, it is an easy walking distance from airport rail link station and the BTS Phayathai that is just 2 stations away from the main shopping belt. Access to these stations is through a sidegate at a nearby carpark. Access to Pratunam area is an easy 20-minute walk to the south, or else there is the free tuk-tuk service, although I never use that. Breakfast is sufficient and good. Supply of toiletries is renewed very regularly, as are the towels. I had a little problem with the TV at first, and then I discovered that the aerial was not properly plugged into the TV, so that was OK ... there are a number of international channels, some movie and some news.
There is a reasonably priced Tamarind Spa that is located just beside the hotel, hotel guests get some discount there .... just tell the counter personnel that you are a hotel guest. And beside the spa there is a local sundry store for getting drinks and crackers, a 7-11 is located below the BTS station nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Located easily close to the air-port link gives easy access to the air-port, you can actually reach the hotel walking the small backstreets. . Nice and clean rooms. Placed a little away from any main street, so pretty quiet at night. Nice personnel with tuc-tuc to main-street. Personnel help us arrange boat trip. The breakfast is not worth mentioning - expensive and poor. Nice view from the roof. Close to all central shopping malls and Siam Square

Room Tip: No preferences
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AllanBJ
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night upon arrival in Bangkok. I booked a deluxe room without breakfast because we arrived at night and didn't want to waste on a nice hotel in case our flight was delayed or canceled. I am glad I didn't book the breakfast cause it looked like it really sucked very limited choices. They wanted $9usd and we thought that was way to high for what little they offered. The hotel is fairly isolated no pool or anything and the room was very basic. I would not stay here for more than one night, but good enough for a nights sleep nothing more.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I took the last train from airport to the city. I had chosen this hotel mainly because of the location within walking distance from the station. Somehow I still managed to get lost and needed to take taxi to the hotel anyway. Front desk had trouble providing me a key card which would work with my room door. This took forever and I just wanted to get to sleep. When I finally did get to bed, it was like 2am and I was pretty pissed off. Room was clean but bathroom was somewhat worn down. No curtains at the shower which didnt work that well anyway. Very reasonable priced hotel even in thai standards, still next time in Bangkok I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel with a female companion in late October, 2013. I'd previously stayed in this hotel July of 2010.

Considering this hotel is in Bangkok, the price is very reasonable. Not too far from a rail station, with the staff being well-oriented enough to point you in the right direction. The staff can also provide good directions to a cab driver who doesn't know how to get there.

The hot water is plentiful, the rooms are relatively well-appointed and the beds are clean and comfy. The breakfast is adequately stocked. The internet speed is acceptable. The view from the rooftop is rather pleasant, despite the hotel only being eight stories tall. No gripes as far as the room is concerned.

I only have two minor gripes with my stay which related to service issues. First off, I extended for a night, and they insisted I settle the bill for the first two nights before I finished with my stay. It was a bit insistent of them, considering I was on my way out somewhere with my lady friend, but I told them I'd take care of it when we got back.

Also, on our way out of Bangkok, my companion and I took a cab from the hotel to Hualumphong station (We had a train to catch). She decided to use the reusable laundry bag in our room for her shoes. While on the way to the station, the hotel called and asked us to return the bag by giving it to the driver. My lady friend and I thought that was kind of petty so no, we didn't return the bag. In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor gripe, but it stuck in my head.

Despite the minor service gripes, I will very likely stay at this hotel on my next trip to Bangkok because the fair price and the other positive aspects outweigh these issues.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Location was good. Located near market. Free tuktuk service provided by hotel but its service was very poor. Proper response not given while we called for tuktuk. Hospitality was average. No food for vegetarian people.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Praveen G
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel. Its in the center of the city but little away from the main road. Food was ok. Hotel had most of the basic amenities in the room (TV, free bottled water, WiFi etc.). Overall a clean, simple and budget hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends