“superior and duluxe room 4*”

iCheck inn Mayfair Pratunam
Ranked #314 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“superior and duluxe room 4*”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

luxury hotel in quiet tucked away area of Bangkok. close to main shopping area (mbk, siam square etc). also right next to sky train. helpful hotel staff but with the exception of the café staff who are less than helpful, when I wanted a bottle of water instead of the free complimentary breakfast and coffee, they refused to let me have one, But I then spoke to the hotel staff who were quick to resolve this and ran around to get me a bottle of water. I would have given this hotel 5* but due to location and café staff I'm putting it as 4*. Rooms were amazing we stayed in a superior room when we first arrived in Bangkok, then on returning to go home we stayed in a deluxe. no noise and very clean, extremely comfortable stay. if you stay here check out the roof terrace and gym, amazing views of Bangkok.

Room Tip: cant go wrong all rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zomgie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Lier, Belgium
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed 1 night (at end of our 11th Thailand trip). I booked a standard double room directly on Best Western website for free with BW-points, but normal prices ranges between 1500 and 2000 bath per room, including breakfast (depending on the room type). I received an upgrade room as a BW member.

This hotel (49 rooms-8 floors) is located in a calm and clean bystreet of busy Baiyoke quarter. But, best of all : only 300m walking from BTS skytrain AND airport link via a pedestrian shortcut. Ask at reception desk for exact direction but here it is : if you come from Phaya Thai airport link station, descend to first floor (not to street level) and go directly to BTS skytrain station. Take here exit 2 to street level and walk 50m towards double railway tracks of the Eastern railway line. Go right, walk 200m over asfalt road (keep railway tracks and airport link on your left side) until you reach a black fence on your right. Turn right through a gate in this fence and advance 50m to reach an alley on the other side. This private entrance in this fence closes at 11pm till 7AM. Now, turn left in this alley over 100m and you'll reach Mayfair. And furthermore : complimentary tuktuk available for short trips (less than 500m).

Our medium large room (7,5 x 3,5 m = 26m²) was modern and comfortable, tiled floor, very clean, and quiet at night.. Excellent and large bed, 2 pillows per person. Good and silent airco, flatscreen TV. Bathroom medium large, combo bath-shower, clean, all toiletries provided. Complimentary : Wifi, coffee/tea, fridge.
Buffet breakfast, limited choice but good enough and fresh. Good coffeeshop. Adjacent to the hotel is a mini market and a massage parlour.

Conclussion : excellent transit hotel to start/end your Thailand trip for a splendid price and at a very convenient, quiet but not the most idyllic location. Comparable with Unico Premier Metrolink Hotel. I will definitely return because of the proximity of the airport link and the skytrain.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ludovicvn
Singapore
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I love the nice, clean and quite nature of the hotel, and the rooms are very clean, the hot shower and toilet work wonderfully! And there's free in-room wifi! Location wise, it is an easy walking distance from airport rail link station and the BTS Phayathai that is just 2 stations away from the main shopping belt. Access to these stations is through a sidegate at a nearby carpark. Access to Pratunam area is an easy 20-minute walk to the south, or else there is the free tuk-tuk service, although I never use that. Breakfast is sufficient and good. Supply of toiletries is renewed very regularly, as are the towels. I had a little problem with the TV at first, and then I discovered that the aerial was not properly plugged into the TV, so that was OK ... there are a number of international channels, some movie and some news.
There is a reasonably priced Tamarind Spa that is located just beside the hotel, hotel guests get some discount there .... just tell the counter personnel that you are a hotel guest. And beside the spa there is a local sundry store for getting drinks and crackers, a 7-11 is located below the BTS station nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Located easily close to the air-port link gives easy access to the air-port, you can actually reach the hotel walking the small backstreets. . Nice and clean rooms. Placed a little away from any main street, so pretty quiet at night. Nice personnel with tuc-tuc to main-street. Personnel help us arrange boat trip. The breakfast is not worth mentioning - expensive and poor. Nice view from the roof. Close to all central shopping malls and Siam Square

Room Tip: No preferences
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AllanBJ
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night upon arrival in Bangkok. I booked a deluxe room without breakfast because we arrived at night and didn't want to waste on a nice hotel in case our flight was delayed or canceled. I am glad I didn't book the breakfast cause it looked like it really sucked very limited choices. They wanted $9usd and we thought that was way to high for what little they offered. The hotel is fairly isolated no pool or anything and the room was very basic. I would not stay here for more than one night, but good enough for a nights sleep nothing more.

• Stayed January 2014
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I took the last train from airport to the city. I had chosen this hotel mainly because of the location within walking distance from the station. Somehow I still managed to get lost and needed to take taxi to the hotel anyway. Front desk had trouble providing me a key card which would work with my room door. This took forever and I just wanted to get to sleep. When I finally did get to bed, it was like 2am and I was pretty pissed off. Room was clean but bathroom was somewhat worn down. No curtains at the shower which didnt work that well anyway. Very reasonable priced hotel even in thai standards, still next time in Bangkok I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
New York
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel with a female companion in late October, 2013. I'd previously stayed in this hotel July of 2010.

Considering this hotel is in Bangkok, the price is very reasonable. Not too far from a rail station, with the staff being well-oriented enough to point you in the right direction. The staff can also provide good directions to a cab driver who doesn't know how to get there.

The hot water is plentiful, the rooms are relatively well-appointed and the beds are clean and comfy. The breakfast is adequately stocked. The internet speed is acceptable. The view from the rooftop is rather pleasant, despite the hotel only being eight stories tall. No gripes as far as the room is concerned.

I only have two minor gripes with my stay which related to service issues. First off, I extended for a night, and they insisted I settle the bill for the first two nights before I finished with my stay. It was a bit insistent of them, considering I was on my way out somewhere with my lady friend, but I told them I'd take care of it when we got back.

Also, on our way out of Bangkok, my companion and I took a cab from the hotel to Hualumphong station (We had a train to catch). She decided to use the reusable laundry bag in our room for her shoes. While on the way to the station, the hotel called and asked us to return the bag by giving it to the driver. My lady friend and I thought that was kind of petty so no, we didn't return the bag. In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor gripe, but it stuck in my head.

Despite the minor service gripes, I will very likely stay at this hotel on my next trip to Bangkok because the fair price and the other positive aspects outweigh these issues.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends