“Nice hotel, far from tourist areas”

Kantary House, Bangkok
Ranked #366 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Sacramento, California
“Nice hotel, far from tourist areas”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed at Kantary House a total of four times, for about one month each time in late summer, or around the New Year.

The rooms are more like apartments, with refrigerator, washing machine (in some rooms), microwave, etc. The rooms are very large with plenty of closet and storage space. I usually stayed in a one-bedroom apartment and it was plenty spacious. They are an excellent value for the price if one considers the quality of the hotel and rooms alone. I was staying here for work, so the rooms were a perfect home away from home for me.

The hotel staff are very helpful and polite. They helped with any bookings when necessary. The restaurant was good with a variety of dining options.

The main downside of this hotel is that if you stay here, it is difficult/time-consuming to get to the central sights in Bangkok. I was staying here for work at the nearby university, so it wasn't an issue for me. You can take a bus or taxi from the hotel to the Airport Link, then connect to other rail networks closer to town. Another option is to take the river taxi which is within walking distance to the hotel and directly goes all the way to the central shopping area near the Erwan shrine. I usually did the river taxi because it was quickest, but it is not the most comfortable ride on small wooden boats through heavily polluted canals. Either way, the trip will require a minimum of 45 minutes travel time each way and the river taxi only runs during the day. Direct street taxis would likely take longer because of traffic, unless it is very late in the evening/early morning. When I was in the central part of Bangkok, there was more than one instance when a taxi refused to take me back to my hotel because of the distance.

Overall, it really depends on what is important to you. If I were touring around Bangkok, I would not stay here because it is difficult to get to the main tourist attractions in town. That being said, when I travel for leisure, I would much rather have a small room in a central location than a large room on the outskirts of town. I usually travel alone or with one other companion. If you are here for an extended stay, or need a large room with amenities, this hotel is excellent value.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank holidaybowl
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
The Kantary House, Bangkok, appreciates your sharing your review with us and our readers while your informative review should be helpful to other readers planning an extended stay in Bangkok. Your favourable mention of our friendly, helpful, and polite staff has been shared with them. We look forward to your return and thank you for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stay there for over 3 months. Ideal place, ideal service, good food. Quite far from center of the city. Swimming pool always empty - nobody there. Not much people living over the time I was there. 1st January - 23rd April. My appartement over 120 sm. 2 bedrooms plus huge living with kitchen. Fridge and drinks always there and regular size. Every day cleaning and what was funny all coins I dropped down on the floor in the evening are on my desk stacked like small towers. After some time in Thailand I miss european bread. Restaurant downstairs found german backery for me. Every morning (if I wish) there is german bread on my table. Nice place nice memories.

Room Tip: All rooms which I saw were very good. Few friends also living there .
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
The Kantary House, Bangkok, appreciates your review after your 3 month stay. Your thoughtful mention of our service and how dropped coins are never lost has been shared with our attentive staff. We hope to welcome you back again on your next stay in Bangkok. Many thanks again for your review.
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at the Kantary House in Bangkapi, Bangkok over the summer as she was attending classes. We stayed in a suite with a mini kitchen, washer, and a living area all separated from the bedroom and bathroom. The lobby area was nice and pleasant with a coffee room I really enjoyed. The customer service was good and I was pleased with the workout room. However, I was not happy with the restaurant - the manager was RUDE and a vile man. My fiancé and I went one time only because the manager was such a rude man towards us. There is a very nice mall nearby to find any food your hearts desire and we ate there quite a few times. We stayed for an entire month. The front desk was very helpful and were quick to get a taxi. If it was raining they would lend an umbrella. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
The Kantary House, Bangkok, thanks you for your feedback after your 1 month stay with us. All of your comments have been shared with our team, bit positive and negative. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Everything else about the hotel was fantastic but it is situated in a sort of no-mans land. Too far away from the airport to be really convenient for 1 night stopover (our situation) and too far from the city centre to be convenient for that either. To add to the problem, there seemed to be no dining options (or bars) withing walking distance of the hotel except two huge hot-pot restaurants (I know we could have used the hotel restaurant but, after arriving at the hotel 8pm for a 1 night stay, we fancied a walk, a beer and a bite to eat somewhere else). If you don't mind the location, great choice of hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
The Kantary House, Bangkok, thanks you for your favorable recommendation and notes that if your stay had been more than 1 night, much more information would have been available to you as to buses, nearby shopping, etc. We look forward to your return. Thank you for your feedback.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I have been to Thailand twice, both were Business trips and on both Occasions, I stayed at Kantary House. This place is more than just a "decent" place, I was in awe in the way they maintain cleanliness and the staff are the BEST. They are always helpful.

The front desk staff everyday helped me get a Taxi to the office and NO you don't need to plead/bribe them, just a friendly request.. that is all. The house keeping people ensure that you always have a clean room..

They remember your birthday's..I was surprised when they delivered a cake to me wishing me a happy birthday..

Gym, Sauna, Steam Room, etc... again CLEANLY Maintained.

I will visit Thailand again and Kantary house will always be my first choice.

Thank you Kantary House... you define customer service in an excellent way!!

Room Tip: West Facing Rooms after 4th Floor to get a good view..
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
The Kantary House, Bangkok, thanks you for your positive endorsement of our property, staff, and service. We are very pleased to learn that your recent 2nd stay with us met your expectations and that we are your first choice for a place to stay when you come to Bangkok. Your appreciation of our staff has been shared with them and we look forward to serving you again on your next stay in Bangkok.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife and I were in Bangkok for business, our first time to Bangkok. Kantary House was recommended to us by the business people we were visiting. It was convenient to their office and not far from the airport. The staff were always more than willing to help and so friendly. The restaurant and facilities were excellent. I thoroughly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are well appointed with kitchenette and full bathroom. Comfortable area with desk...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GraemeH52
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
The Kantary House, Bangkok, is very pleased to learn that you have discovered our secret and thank you for thoroughly recommending a stay with us to other business travellers desiring to be near to the airport, and yet able to get their business in Bangkok taken care of. Thank you for your positive feedback.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This is one of the best Hotels I've seen in terms of simplicity. I highly recommend this Hotel for a group or Family Tour. The hotel is situated near the Airport and quite accessible by cab or bus. 24 hour room service is very efficient. I ordered Fried rice for a cheap price of 80 Bhatt. Overall I'm impressed with the experience and I look forward to staying in this hotel on my next lay over in Bangkok

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Mikeygalantvr4rs
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary House, Bangkok, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
The Kantary House, Bangkok, thanks you for your positive endorsement and review which will be useful to other readers facing a short lay-over in Bangkok and desiring accommodations near the airport. We look forward to your next stay with us.