“Good Hotel, Clean Room, Good service”

I Residence Hotel Sathorn
Ranked #287 of 1,187 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Kapurthala
“Good Hotel, Clean Room, Good service”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place is value for money, excellent deal for regular room! Awesome quality for both room and food. The A/C worked great and the room was very comfy, Staff are extremely helpful, I'm planning another trip to Bangkok soon and will stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HpstPhotography

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pune, India
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Nice small hotel and locating the hotel would be problem for visitors. Rooms are congested but luckily we booked a suite so it was not much of a problem.

Staff are ok and doesn't seem to understand us or respond well sometimes. I don't understand whether they are not able to understand English or their behaviour is like that.

Wifi connection is free for only 3 hours per day, after that you need to pay. No amenities like swimming pool, spa, gym, etc

This is a ok hotel. Online booking can be economical. I heard through my friends that most of the hotels (3 star) in Bangkok are congested. Should be careful before choosing one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rjsumanth
Reviewed 5 January 2014

my gf and i lived in I-Residence Hotel Sathorn for 2 days. we took a taxi from Sala Daeng BTS Station, which cost around 70B and it takes around 10mins to the hotel. the hotel is hard to find though i showed the address, name of the hotel to the taxi driver. so i recommend you guys can call to the hotel to get you a ride in advance. they can provide a free shuttle tuk tuk from the hotel to the closest BTS station. so you dun need to worry about the transportation anymore. The room is so big and clean. there is also a kitchen in the room. but the location is still a bit far from the BTS station. anyway, this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Excellent customer service. Bad location. Clean, big room. Nice Staffs
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chun Sing C
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked the hotel for Superior Room, 3 nights and late check in to 3 pm. There are no problem during check in and I got upgrade room to Junior suite (Free of charged) is a high floor. The room is big and separate bedroom and living Room and Balcony. The hotel staff are friendly and help us during I am stayed. The hotel is a good location and not far from travelling and shopping area.

The hotel complimentary Tuk Tuk service to BTS/MRT Silom and WIFI. My stayed was a very good with the hotel and staff and I can recommend this hotel and will stayed again when I am next visiting Bangkok.

GOOD HOTEL.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Thato_N2526
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Second time we got here. First time was just after opening, it was all right. This time was not what we expected; limited wifi, very small room in need of maintenance, unfriendly staff. Checking out on time and requested whether luggage could be stalled untill we had to head to airport they asked for stalling-costs; not so client-friendly. Will not come here again. recommend going to friendly Heritage hotel right across the street.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Nice, France
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Paid aprox. 1000 bht for a very large room with kitchen and balcony. The room was clean and nice looking. Hotel staff spoke english, Good location. Small cons: A little mold in the shower, air con right above the bed so we kept turning it on and off during the night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank felicia G
Saipan, Mariana Islands
Reviewed 16 October 2013

You get what you pay for. This is not a 5 star hotel, so don't expect it to look or function like one. The tuk tuk is FREE so why complain about how often it runs? When we first checked in, we thought we were checking into a "no tell motel." There were all these ladies hanging around the lobby chainsmoking. When we got to the room, it appeared to be run down. It is. But it was clean the whole 7 days were were there. I didn't see the bugs other people mentioned. Having the fridge was convenient because we stocked it with breakfast items and beer. The shower has a flash heater that is hard to regulate to a decent temperature. The staff seems to just "tolerate" the guests without going out of their way--ever. I suspect that some of this comes from dealing with difficult people. Every little thing has an extra fee. At least it is quiet.

We really liked a couple of little restaurants in the area. The owners of Naga are super sweet and the food is excellent. We liked Little Tree also.

If you take the BTS, you can get off at Saladeng or Chong Nansi. It is quite a walk. When you come down the stairs, the taxis sitting right there will try and rip you off. Do not pay them 150 baht to go to the hotel. It should be under 80. Sometimes you just can't get it lower than that. Sometimes you can get a tuk tuk for 50 if they are desparate. Also, expect no one to have a clue where the hotel is and take you to the one in Silom even when you show them a map. I even wonder if some of the reviews on here are for the Silom I Residence.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple