“Good budget hotel.”

Ranked #318 of 1,194 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Good budget hotel.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I Residence Hotel is a good place to stay for a few nights, in the Sathorn area. The rooms are nice, bathrooms are clean (including a rainshower!) and the beds are comfortable. The room features cable television (including a number of channels in english), a minibar, a small balcony and a kettle (including complimentary tea/coffee stocked daily). The restaurant serves a basic menu with Thai and Western dishes, at reasonable prices. The cost of a one-way trip to Khao San road is about 120 Baht. Get the staff to call a taxi for you, and always go on the meter instead of bargaining.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bogor, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Don't make the mistake I did. I went all the way to Chong Nongsi BTS station and the I Residence Hotel is just next to it. But it is actually I Residence SILOM, not Sathorn!

I Residence Sathorn is another 60 baht taxi away. And their nearest BTS is Sala Daeng. Well, not really near, but they have a shuttle to drop it there. They don't have a shuttle to pick you up from the BTS station to the hotel, though, so you have to find your own way.

Anyway, it is a nice budget hotel. You get what you pay for. Decent room, simple breakfast, free wifi. The AC in my room is noisy but I just think of it as a white noise to help me sleep.

Will I stay in this hotel again? Maybe, I don't mind. But there are so many other choices in Bangkok, so probably not.

Room Tip: The AC in my room (709) is noisy but I just think of it as a white noise to help me sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Italy
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent two nigths in the I residence Hotel in Sathorn;the place was in a good position, ten minute by walk from Skytrain service. The room is a little bit small and unfortunately it felt like a stale smell of cigarettes smoked inside, but with a big fridge; the air condition was a little bit noisy but worked well. Internet was good in the room.
The whole staff was been very helpfull for every informations; a special thanks to Bay, she assisted us with patience and kindness.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Me and my wife just stayed at I Resident Hotel Sathorn in Bangkok. It's a very good hotel with very good service.
All receptionists at the Hotel were excellent in providing whatever help we needed and Khun Bay was especially kind and efficient in her job.
Thank you very much for a very pleasant stay. We'll come back for sure!!
Andrea Capellari

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you speak english to the staff, they would stare at you like an Alien !! The front desk staff do not even understand basic english, like, "Has my taxi arrived?"

Cons
1. No inhouse restaurant, No swimming pool no fitness room
2. Frontdesk is highly ignorant of any information on nearby places/tourism
3. For any service/request you ask, you can only expect a 'NO'
4. Vegetarians will have a very tough time. NO Indian restaurant close by

Neutral
1.Rooms were average, no 'wow' factor.
2. You got a Ladyboy in the front desk, not sure how to react to it
3. Average complimentary morning breakfast

Pros
1. Located at a central place, with easy access to local shops(like grocery shops and local restaurant) and highway
2. Wifi-access in the room (only two devices at a time)

Not a great place to stay when you plan for an international trip.
A warm welcome with a smile is the last thing they would do. I would not recommend this place for anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tarun9156

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Good location and free shuttle service to the nearest BTS station. Front desk a bit disorganized but no major issues during our stay. We have been offered an upgrade to a junior suite with an excellent views over the sky scrapers. Fairly priced hotel in nice neighborhood. Will definitely be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
BH
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good location, but bad staff. They wanted to charged us 1000 bath in advance for possible damage, Futhermore, they don't provide the guests with maps. They charged for the map!!! The staff is rude and doesn't know how to inform about transport or atraccions, including the concierge, that is just interested in seelings tours.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends