“Nice room”

Ranked #377 of 1,243 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice room”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I book a Superior room and spent 4 nights here. Such a nice, clean and safe room (though a bit far from the nearest BTS station, hotel has free Tuk Tuk transportation but according to their schedule - not all the time)
However, hot water is so bad and television signal is the same. It would be great if the management team upgrading these 2 items.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnneVHg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is such great value for money. It is my second time here and I will stay again. As usual I was greeted by friendly and helpful staff, this time it was the lovely front office manager Atitiga. Such a pleasant face after a long tiresome travel.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, as I have tried each level
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Blazerbrett
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

this hotel looks like it was cute in the 1990s but has not been kept up so well. room and location are ok but a good comparative value. my room has a big fridge and balcony, though no particular view. online prices are much cheaper than those posted at reception - book in advance.

1 Thank ProfDredge
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I Residence Hotel is a good place to stay for a few nights, in the Sathorn area. The rooms are nice, bathrooms are clean (including a rainshower!) and the beds are comfortable. The room features cable television (including a number of channels in english), a minibar, a small balcony and a kettle (including complimentary tea/coffee stocked daily). The restaurant serves a basic menu with Thai and Western dishes, at reasonable prices. The cost of a one-way trip to Khao San road is about 120 Baht. Get the staff to call a taxi for you, and always go on the meter instead of bargaining.

Bogor, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Don't make the mistake I did. I went all the way to Chong Nongsi BTS station and the I Residence Hotel is just next to it. But it is actually I Residence SILOM, not Sathorn!

I Residence Sathorn is another 60 baht taxi away. And their nearest BTS is Sala Daeng. Well, not really near, but they have a shuttle to drop it there. They don't have a shuttle to pick you up from the BTS station to the hotel, though, so you have to find your own way.

Anyway, it is a nice budget hotel. You get what you pay for. Decent room, simple breakfast, free wifi. The AC in my room is noisy but I just think of it as a white noise to help me sleep.

Will I stay in this hotel again? Maybe, I don't mind. But there are so many other choices in Bangkok, so probably not.

Room Tip: The AC in my room (709) is noisy but I just think of it as a white noise to help me sleep.
Italy
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent two nigths in the I residence Hotel in Sathorn;the place was in a good position, ten minute by walk from Skytrain service. The room is a little bit small and unfortunately it felt like a stale smell of cigarettes smoked inside, but with a big fridge; the air condition was a little bit noisy but worked well. Internet was good in the room.
The whole staff was been very helpfull for every informations; a special thanks to Bay, she assisted us with patience and kindness.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Me and my wife just stayed at I Resident Hotel Sathorn in Bangkok. It's a very good hotel with very good service.
All receptionists at the Hotel were excellent in providing whatever help we needed and Khun Bay was especially kind and efficient in her job.
Thank you very much for a very pleasant stay. We'll come back for sure!!
Andrea Capellari