“For the price and location, a good value...”

Sawasdee Langsuan Inn
and 1 more site!
Sawasdee Langsuan Inn
Ranked #506 of 752 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed here for 9 nights. It is a no frills property, but I was comfortable and felt safe. Hot water was not super hot, but was hot enough for quick showers. The staff speaks some English, but since I don't speak much Thai what can I say! All in all this is as represented. It is a 2 star hotel. If chipped paint or a lousy carpet are going to put you off, don't stay here. If you want to be in a great central location with excellent street food around, stay and enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 20 February 2011

This place is nasty and in a terrible location. It's located down a long dark alley. Everything around it has been torn down so you are surrounded by rubble. The walk to the sky train is way too far. Our room is so disgusting that I will not get in the shower or walk around with my shoes off. There is mold in the shower and the shower curtain is covered in it. The floors are stained, chairs are stained and worn. The lampshades are destroyed, beaten and torn. I am disgusted.

I've seen a couple of reviews that say it's a "good value" but I disagree. I stayed a few blocks away from here last week (Citadines Soy 8) the hotel was excellent and the same price. This place was booked for me by someone else and I will not make that mistake again. Fortunately, you are reading the reviews. I highly recommend you go somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2011

If you want a very economical hotel in this specific location then its fine. However the entire block has been razed and I suspect the hotel will also soon be demolished and the entire plot redeveloped. Consequently the owners have not put much back into the hotel anytime recently.
That being said it is cheap ($37 night total), the staff are very friendly and speak English, the breakfast is plentiful with fresh fruit, coffee, rice porridge, etc. and is very centrally located. It is quiet since the entire neighborhood has been razed and it is only a short walk (perhaps a half block) out to the main street.. Obviously no view other than demolition. No pool. The rooms are adequate, air con, showers, etc. work fine and clean.
Located near major shopping areas (both Ploenchit/Chidlom and Silom), near Lumpini Park, 5 minute walk to Skytrain, near US and British Embassies, taxis readily available.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2011

On our arrival to the hotel we found the staff to be neither friendly nor helpful. The reception area was small and dirty with food left out from breakfast time, The room didn't get any better as first we were given one that hadn't been cleaned then moved across the dirty dark corridor to another that was very tired and out dated. It was carpeted but not really clean at all and there was no hot water for the shower. Even though we asked at reception nobody came to check. The one positive was the free use of internet in reception which we used to book into another hotel and even on checkout they tried charging us for beers we didn't have.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I stayed here during the NYE celebrations at Centralworld. The staff were great very helpful although their English was limited. My room was dirty with black carpet that I asked if they had a fire recently as I thought it was smoke damage. It was dirt that they even supplied me with slippers so I didn't have to walk on the carpet. The white bed sheets had blood stains on them. The towels had grease I asked for clean ones and they gave me towels with blond pubic hair still on them. The wallpaper was peelling of the wall and curtains were dirty and torn. The TV worked so did the AC thank God.

If you are not fussed about hygeine and cleanness then you can stay here. If you are this is not the place for you. How on earth can you have an ironing burn on your hallway carpet. This place has that.

Consalation is the FREE Internet access to guests. The breakfast is basic buffet with machine coffee.

It's a shame cause this hotel has really nice staff & they could make it nice using very little money by installing blinds at the windows, riping out the carpets and just having flooring. Tearing down the wallpaper and painting the walls a bright colour and more importantly keeping the hotel rooms clean.

A backpackers paradise I suppose but not my idea of a 3* hotel more like 1.2*.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2010

I keep coming back to this hotel because it is such good value. I always book the cheapest room, they often have special offers on their website, and I sometimes get a free upgrade. The rooms are a bit old but generally comfortable and quiet. There is wireless internet in the rooms and also a computer with internet at no charge. The staff don't go out of their way particularly, but they are adequate and friendly. The breakfast consists of a simple buffet, open until 10.30am. The location is good if you like to be in the centre (near Siam Square).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2010

This Inn was a nice place to stay in Bangkok as the staffs were friendly and accommodating, though some of them really can't communicate well in English. My friend and I took the standard twin room and everyday the staffs would change our bedsheet and towels. We took the room at the 2nd floor so we need not to take the lift in getting upstairs. The place is not that near the BTS station and you need to walk 12-15 mins to it, which is not that convenient for my friend and I. What's best in this Inn was their hotel cars with their chauffers can be rented at a reasonable. Our dilemma of getting around Bangkok was eased because of this hotel's service. They offered this service at a reasonable cost like when we toured around Bangkok city we were given a rate of 700 Baht for whole day and we can go to the places we want to go within the city. I would recommend this to my friends and travellers alike who would go Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends