Sawasdee Langsuan Inn
US$112
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$371
US$295
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I had a pleasant six night stay in Langsuan Inn. Definately good value for what it offers. My room was comfortable, though the bathroom needed better maintenence. Its in a good location with major shopping complexes and the skytrain a pleasant 10 minute walk away. However the narrow street (under a minute walk) leading up to the hotel is dark and can be a little scary at night. Lively environment in the mornings with a dry market in operation.

I was a little dissappointed with the hotel on checkout to be presented with a bill for consuming a can of Pepsi from the minibar, which I didn't (serious allergy to carbonated drinks). The staff even produced a half chilled can as proof! As I firmly stood my ground, the hotel didn't push the matter I'm putting this down to a genuine mistake on the part of the hotel. I did notice that the waste baskets were not empty as I entered the room, and the can most probably was left by the previous guest. This is a 3 star hotel, and service is basic. Best to check that the waste baskets are cleared on entering the room. Also be meticulous with the number of towels given, as there were days when I was left one, other days four! Overall a good budget hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2010

Location:
Reasonable location with convenience stores, massage parlours and eating places within 5min walk. Hotel is located one BTS (train) station away from popular shopping centre like Siam paragon, Central and MBK. By foot to these shopping centre would takes you probably around just 15min. Suan Lum night bazzar is just 15min walk away.
Taxi/tuk tuk? No worries, there are plenty waiting at the main road (1min walk) to earn your bahts.

Service:
Hotel staffs are v friendly and go all out to help you. I was surprised they actually ring up my room just to correct a wrong information that was given when i asked them at the counter! The staff also went to the main road to hail a cab and direct the cabbie right to the hotel doorstep for you.

Breakfast:
Bread, cereal, yogurt,, salad and fruits. Rmbr it is budget hotel ya.

In my opinion, this is a great budget hotel. If you are not fussy, just want a place to rest, shower, save on breakfast and okay location. Sawasdee can be considered. O, internet access is free at the hotel lobby too.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple