“Great staff but poor quality hotel”

Sawasdee Langsuan Inn
Sawasdee Langsuan Inn
Ranked #468 of 698 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I stayed here during the NYE celebrations at Centralworld. The staff were great very helpful although their English was limited. My room was dirty with black carpet that I asked if they had a fire recently as I thought it was smoke damage. It was dirt that they even supplied me with slippers so I didn't have to walk on the carpet. The white bed sheets had blood stains on them. The towels had grease I asked for clean ones and they gave me towels with blond pubic hair still on them. The wallpaper was peelling of the wall and curtains were dirty and torn. The TV worked so did the AC thank God.

If you are not fussed about hygeine and cleanness then you can stay here. If you are this is not the place for you. How on earth can you have an ironing burn on your hallway carpet. This place has that.

Consalation is the FREE Internet access to guests. The breakfast is basic buffet with machine coffee.

It's a shame cause this hotel has really nice staff & they could make it nice using very little money by installing blinds at the windows, riping out the carpets and just having flooring. Tearing down the wallpaper and painting the walls a bright colour and more importantly keeping the hotel rooms clean.

A backpackers paradise I suppose but not my idea of a 3* hotel more like 1.2*.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Sawasdee Langsuan Inn

Reviewed 18 September 2010

I keep coming back to this hotel because it is such good value. I always book the cheapest room, they often have special offers on their website, and I sometimes get a free upgrade. The rooms are a bit old but generally comfortable and quiet. There is wireless internet in the rooms and also a computer with internet at no charge. The staff don't go out of their way particularly, but they are adequate and friendly. The breakfast consists of a simple buffet, open until 10.30am. The location is good if you like to be in the centre (near Siam Square).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2010

This Inn was a nice place to stay in Bangkok as the staffs were friendly and accommodating, though some of them really can't communicate well in English. My friend and I took the standard twin room and everyday the staffs would change our bedsheet and towels. We took the room at the 2nd floor so we need not to take the lift in getting upstairs. The place is not that near the BTS station and you need to walk 12-15 mins to it, which is not that convenient for my friend and I. What's best in this Inn was their hotel cars with their chauffers can be rented at a reasonable. Our dilemma of getting around Bangkok was eased because of this hotel's service. They offered this service at a reasonable cost like when we toured around Bangkok city we were given a rate of 700 Baht for whole day and we can go to the places we want to go within the city. I would recommend this to my friends and travellers alike who would go Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jarjarjoy
Reviewed 15 February 2010

I had a pleasant six night stay in Langsuan Inn. Definately good value for what it offers. My room was comfortable, though the bathroom needed better maintenence. Its in a good location with major shopping complexes and the skytrain a pleasant 10 minute walk away. However the narrow street (under a minute walk) leading up to the hotel is dark and can be a little scary at night. Lively environment in the mornings with a dry market in operation.

I was a little dissappointed with the hotel on checkout to be presented with a bill for consuming a can of Pepsi from the minibar, which I didn't (serious allergy to carbonated drinks). The staff even produced a half chilled can as proof! As I firmly stood my ground, the hotel didn't push the matter I'm putting this down to a genuine mistake on the part of the hotel. I did notice that the waste baskets were not empty as I entered the room, and the can most probably was left by the previous guest. This is a 3 star hotel, and service is basic. Best to check that the waste baskets are cleared on entering the room. Also be meticulous with the number of towels given, as there were days when I was left one, other days four! Overall a good budget hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2010

Location:
Reasonable location with convenience stores, massage parlours and eating places within 5min walk. Hotel is located one BTS (train) station away from popular shopping centre like Siam paragon, Central and MBK. By foot to these shopping centre would takes you probably around just 15min. Suan Lum night bazzar is just 15min walk away.
Taxi/tuk tuk? No worries, there are plenty waiting at the main road (1min walk) to earn your bahts.

Service:
Hotel staffs are v friendly and go all out to help you. I was surprised they actually ring up my room just to correct a wrong information that was given when i asked them at the counter! The staff also went to the main road to hail a cab and direct the cabbie right to the hotel doorstep for you.

Breakfast:
Bread, cereal, yogurt,, salad and fruits. Rmbr it is budget hotel ya.

In my opinion, this is a great budget hotel. If you are not fussy, just want a place to rest, shower, save on breakfast and okay location. Sawasdee can be considered. O, internet access is free at the hotel lobby too.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple