Saladaeng Colonnade
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$374
US$295
Agoda.com
All reviewssilom complexbedroom apartmentthe security guardwalking distancefive minute walkwill stay there againliving areaexcellent locationstreet foodhome away from homesmall poolreception areavisit bangkokper nightshopping mallbtsgym
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a great option of for a hotel. The only downside is that you need to get your own food.

The room I stayed in was a one bedroom apartment. Big and specious. Clean and had everything. However the kitchen wasn't equiped very well.

They offer a simple breakfast that gets you going for the day but you probably need somthing more if you aren't happy with cup of tea and a croisant. Internet was also a very poor quality and only giving once access per room.

The location was good. Only a few minutes away from Silom Centre and the Skytrain stop there.

Good value for money and well located as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank hfkign
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The hotel i usually stay at was fully booked so i was desperate to find somewhere nice in the same location. I came across the Saladaeng Colonnade via this site and then went direct to their website where they had some nicely priced Summer promotions. I stayed in their one bed apartment and really enjoyed my stay there. The spacious rooms and quietness of the rooms were great and the location is skytrain perfect and less than an hour from the airport by train and the same by road if using the highway express and blessed with not so busy roads. The breakfast is really basic but it's enough to fill you until lunchtime. As someone mentioned they don't provide detergent for the washing machines but one of the staff kindly gave me some detergent. I will definately come back here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank uksoul2001
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Do improved the quality and the selection of breakfast; everyday it's the same choice of breakfast served in room; either flakes or ham with toast.
Continue to provide detergent in the rooms; I wonder why the hotel stopped this because packets of detergents were provided for those who wish to do their own laundry downstairs.
The Wifi access should not be restricted to only one device. If I have a laptop, and a phone, I can't use the wifi at the same time. Worst still if I'm not staying in the room alone.
This is the Land of Smiles. All staffs especially the guards and the receptionists should learn to smile and greet the customers well. Even the room cleaners smile warmly, better than them!
Water pressure is so slow at the higher floors and the water temperature is rather difficult to adjust; you may need to adjust again and again for the right one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Jack W
Reviewed 2 April 2013

This was our first visit to the Saladaeng Colonnade and we have been more than satisfied. We normally use the 5 star hotels on the river when we are in Bangkok but decided to try a serviced apartment for a change. The position of the Colonnade is perfect as it is only a five minute walk to both the Sky Train and Underground. Everything is at hand, shops, restaurants, wine bars and anything else you may need.
Our two bedroom apartment on the sixth floor was clean, comfortable and quiet. Slightly faded perhaps but this adds to the atmosphere of the building. The breakfast was quite adequate and served in your apartment at the time of your choice each morning.
I have read in some earlier reviews that the staff are unfriendly. We certainly did not find this to be the case and they were charming, helpful and courteous at all times.
If I had one negative comment to make it would be about the hotel 'limousine' service which is obviously contracted out to a third party. Whilst the two drivers were both polite and helpful the cars they use are old, not very comfortable and in my opinion this service does not reflect positively on the hotel. On our return journey to the airport we were driven into the car park and then escorted to the terminal by the driver.
This would not stop us from visiting Saladaeng Colonnade again however and we hope to do so many more times in the future. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ncgrainger
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I think I am staying in this hotel for several times.
Rooms are spacious, with comfortable beds.
Living room, working area, kitchen, balcony and a large bathroom for you.
Breakfast remained the same; delivered to you up to 1000am and with two selections; toast or flakes. It is quite decent to start your day anyway.
Because I am staying for more than a week so this time I tried to do the laundry myself downstairs, manual and just put in coins into the washing machines instead of sending it for the maid service. Detergents are provided (you need to ask).
MRTs are just at the end of the road. Not encourage to go for a taxi to go to the nearby shopping centres as some of them refused to take you due to traffic.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo