“Lovely spa”
Review of Lavana

Lavana
Ranked #30 of 474 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Very nicely laid out, a tranquil spot just of the main drag. I hadn't booked but was lucky and got a 1 hour body scrub which was very good. Nice pleasant atmosphere, nice rooms and good value for money. When I left at about 3 in the afternoon the waiting area was packed so I guess I was lucky going a bit early. Would definitely return

1  Thank Eatthemeat

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This massage shop named Lavana is my No.1 favorite place in Bangkok. For all over the area, you can smell the flowers used in flower ball for massage. I normally order two-hour foot massage with 700 Baht (less than 20Euro) and I always fall asleep during massage. The massages here always give the good balance between comfortable and a bit pain is very important. Highly recommended.

6  Thank YacchanAmarone
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I went to a few places for Thai massage, and this one was hands down, the best. It's a few blocks from the Sheraton, where we're staying.

I got a Thai massage, and my wife got a foot massage. She was also pleased. If we were here another day, she'd go back for a Thai.

After visiting Urban Retreat and King and I, we were most pleased here. Great actual massages with very attentive therapists, but also a nice facility. I think the price was 50B higher (450 v 400) but easily worth it.

Also, frankly, it's on a nice tree-lined street which is a bit of a break from the madness.

6  Thank Cocoapuppy
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I think this place deserves a better review. I was initially scared off by a number of reviews that rated this place horribly but decided to try it anyway.

The ambience was really astonishing and relaxing. Reception was friendly. Prior to the massage, we were given a survey sheet (where we wanted the focus and how hard the pressure.. Which wasn't really followed anyway) and a tray of oils to choose our scent from.

We were given the couple room as we both did the 2h oil massage. (1320baht) Nicely decorated place with an "urban" touch, not like some places which really provide the bare minimum. They were having their daily promotion (free breakfast and 60m scrub), so they started with the cocoa scrub (we smelled like chocolate cookies). Allowed time to shower after then they continued with the oil massage. American Breakfast (a bit bland but it was good enough) was served like room service on top of the massage bed.

We were served a mousse dessert back at the reception after breakfast. The masseurs also don't loiter around conspicuously hinting for you to tip them; all up to your own discretion.

My only qualm about this place is the shower gel they provided. It doesn't clean you efficiently enough. I had to shower twice and another time in the hotel to be clean.

With that said, I highly recommend this place given the ambience and value for money massage.

4  Thank Yvonne L
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I are massage addicts. During the past few years we have had some sensational massages in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. Lavana used to be our Bangkok favourite and I have always requested the same masseuse. This visit we chose a 2 hour aromatherapy massage and left disappointed. Particularly in the last half hour the masseuses chatted and joked with each other. We have no idea what they were saying but considered it rude and unprofessional.

I think my masseuse must have got tired as she spent at least 15 minutes massaging my shins, which they should realise don’t have much muscle and massaging these bones, if you don’t have an injury there, is just a complete waste of time.

We used to consider Thailand as the best place for a massage but places we have discovered in Vietnam and Cambodia were 10 times as good and half the price (see our other reviews).

The place itself is good and drinks before and after the massage are enjoyable too. A couple of the front desk ladies are also very good. We might give it another chance on our next visit to Bangkok in a few months time but will change our masseuses.

5  Thank AussieWestCoasters