“Great experience, fantastic value for money (with promotion)”
Review of Lavana

Lavana
Ranked #30 of 444 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
Yorks
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great experience, fantastic value for money (with promotion)”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I found this place as it was on the next soi to where I was staying. I was looking for a spa like pamper session and this place exceeded my expectations.

On my two visits they were running some sort of morning promotion. I went for 90 minutes oil massage. The promotion meant they gave you a choice of a free body scrub or a spa facial (both around 1 hour in duration) and a free breakfast.

This meant that for around 1000 baht I was getting a good 3 hour pamper session. Which I thought was amazing value. I went for the body scrub the first time and the facial the second visit.

It is a professional place and you can tell they have trained the staff to meet the same standards (they tell you the same things, like offer you the rest room before the treatments and tell you the room number so that you can find your way back).

The treatments and massage themselves were very good. You can ask for the level of pressure you want on a questionnaire you complete while waiting for your therapist. On the same form you can signify any areas that require attention. (To be fair I am not sure what difference this made, in that I highlighted my left calf muscle on both occasions and don't feel it was treated any differently to the rest of me, nor did the therapist ask me about it).

The free breakfast really wasn't great but if you go early morning the breakfast comes after your treatments so I just viewed it as a free light lunch. It was basically, cold meat, egg and salad. The odd thing was it was brought to you at the massage table. So I ate it alone on the same table I'd received the treatments.

I'd been to Healthland during my visit too. This place had a similar professional vibe yet friendlier in my opinion. Healthland gets accused of being too much like a factory (which I can understand).

They also bring you tea and a little dessert of sorts once you get back to the main lobby/reception area. You can just chill out here a little before you leave. There are some English language magazines to read on the tables out here.

All in all I can recommend this place, especially if you can take advantage of the morning promotions.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Vanilla S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best massage I had...ever...”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I'm from Malaysia, where massages are plentiful. I consider myself a massage junkie, from trying to undo the knots in my shoulders from excessive hours staring at the laptop hunched. I came to know of Lavana from a close friend who lives in Bangkok. This place is really decently priced for its level of comfort, quality of massage and ambience. I came here on 2 separate nights whilst in Bangkok (alternate nights) and regretted that I only managed to squeeze in an hour of Thai massage each time! (only 450 baht! per visit). Really wanted to do the 2 hour Thai massage (only 700 baht!)....

Anyway, the place is SPA like, single storey but massive. Location wise it is right next to Korean town@Asok/Sukhumvit area where you see lots of Korean restaurants. It is walking distance from Asok BTS Station, next to the infamous "Cabbages and Condoms" Thai Restaurant.

Walk in the front door, you're greated with lemongrass infused scents, and a very zen and spacious lobby that feels oh so, welcoming. Ladies in robes come and serve you whilst you're seated at a leisurely pace at the lounge comfy couches and hot Thai tea is served. A menu is given for you to choose your 'treatment' and you fill up a form to let your masseuse know which areas to focus on (you get to choose two focus areas) and level of 'intensity / strength'. Payment is upfront at this point. Next you change into muji-style bedroom slippers and your shoes are kept away. You''ll be escorted to do a foot wash before entering the massage room. I love the space here, the mattresses are flat on wooden floors and they are well spread out in a room that is somewhat like a Yoga studio. Soft music, warm dim lighting and aircon that is not too cold or too hot...

You change into standard 'Lavana' robes and lay on the mattresses where your appointed masseuse comes to perform the 'treatment'. I don't usually like Thai massages due to the stretching, hardly enjoyable and usually, I can't relax / sleep but it is amazing how their routine in Lavana is so comprehensive to really cover every single muscle knot all over my body in that mere 60 minutes and make a Thai massage feel so relaxing! Most massages I've been to can get quite boring after a while, but these guys here really know how to untie the knots and spend just enough time on each 'troubled' muscle and also know (through the form filling) where to spend a little more focus. Our masseuses (3 of us in one room) were friendly and warm but were definitely not chatty such that we couldn't relax... I felt they were very attentive to our needs.. felt the Thai hospitality here...

After your session you get this refreshing 'pandan' (screwpine) flavoured ice cream and some cold tea to finish off the excellent massage session in the ''after-party at the lounge. I managed to grab some lemongrass massage oil too whilst chilling out at the lounge.. they had many oils, soaps, on sale. Definitely come again when in BKK!! HIghly Recommended!!

2 Thank H0nestOpini0n
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Run like a factory, not polite, blah”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Frankly, this place was very average to mediocre. Sure, it's inexpensive, but there are plenty of places in Bangkok that are inexpensive but better. See Mandarin Ginger. I got a massage next to my wife. The two masseuses talked to each other during the service. The melodic music cut out halfway and wasn't reset. The place felt dirty in general. And they weren't particularly friendly. This place was on the larger side, taking in and spitting out many people per hour. Not particular personal. Overall I would not recommend. Take the sky train two stops away to Mandarin Ginger. Way better. Even Raintree nearby was better. I realized how lousy this massage was after I went to other places where they simply were more focused, cleaner, friendlier and overall the experience was better.

1 Thank FL-NY-SF
Marbella, Spain
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 223 helpful votes
“Lovely spa”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Very nicely laid out, a tranquil spot just of the main drag. I hadn't booked but was lucky and got a 1 hour body scrub which was very good. Nice pleasant atmosphere, nice rooms and good value for money. When I left at about 3 in the afternoon the waiting area was packed so I guess I was lucky going a bit early. Would definitely return

1 Thank Eatthemeat
Singapore, Singapore
494 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 471 helpful votes
“Best Massage Place in Bangkok”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This massage shop named Lavana is my No.1 favorite place in Bangkok. For all over the area, you can smell the flowers used in flower ball for massage. I normally order two-hour foot massage with 700 Baht (less than 20Euro) and I always fall asleep during massage. The massages here always give the good balance between comfortable and a bit pain is very important. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2013