“Good budget hotel in sukhumvit area”

Royal Asia Paradise
Royal Asia Paradise
Ranked #596 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Jamshedpur, India
“Good budget hotel in sukhumvit area”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

The Queen suite (1BHK) was excellent,spacious and just ideal for my family.The microwave was not working and was immediately replaced by the helpful staff.The hotel is located in end of a cul-de-sac hence not much traffic and is walking distance from the Nana BTS Skytrain station.The hotel also provides free tuk tuk service from Hotel to BTS Nana from where you can reach any part of Bangkok easily and fast.The biggest drawback is that there is no restaurant in the Hotel.There is one only for Breakfast but don't get disheartened as there are loads of restaurants in the same road.You can also buy some ready to eat from the 7 eleven which is just opposite the hotel.The swimming pool is on the lodge building which belongs to same property but is very small

Room Tip: The Higher floors are better
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Honolulu
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This must havve been my thirteenth or fourteenth time staying at this lovely botique hotel on
Soi 8 off of Sukumvit Rd. As always the staff have been excellent but on this trip, Mr. Song Sak
provided us with exceptional service. Not only did he insure that the a/c was functioning properly, and checked to insure that the hot water heater was working, but also switched a
refrigerator for us as the freezer wasn't quite cold enough. This was all done at 3:30 AM when
we just arrived after a very long flight from Hawaii. We never had to call housekeeping to fix a
problem through our entire stay which was twelve days. Looking forward to returning again in
November and staying as always in their Presidential Suite.

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite is a bargain of you have two or more people travelling together.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hawaiitraveller17
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Thank god I had opted for 1 Bedroom Suite for me and my Family, I had neve thought that I will get such a huge room with a seperate sitting area, the suite had a small kitchen, oven, fridge what one wants when one is on a family holiday, clean room, king size bed, for Breakfast you will have to go the other building though there is not much of a choice in it. As for the location the hotel is inside the lane with the option of tuk tuk to drop you at the main road which is full of shopping malls, road side attractions wonderfull..... I will surely stay in the same Hotel in my next visit because of the location and the atmosphere

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AyazAmir
Captain Cook, Hawaii
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This dump is the older brother of the Royal Asia Lodge next door.When you check in next door at the lodge because the paradise doesnt have a receptionist ,you get the same bad service from the same bad reception.If you wat to see what you are in for read the reviews for the royal asia lodge. This place is full of roaches and the pool is the same green swamp as next door.I think the owners are broke because this was once a nice place.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seamillfarmcom
Honolulu
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel over a dozen times so far and have enjoyed my stay immensely
every time. Staff has been extremely friendly and helpful. Located very close to all of my
business accounts. Looking forward to my next stay in July/August.

Room Tip: Presidential Suite is a bargain.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Endicott, NY
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This was my first stay at the ‘Paradise’, I have stayed at the Royal Asia Lodge several times in the past, which is basically next to this hotel and I believe owned by the same people. The check-in and out is done at the front desk in the ‘Lodge’. I stayed in a Queen suite. It had a very large bedroom and smaller living/dining area. There was also a small kitchen area. The bathroom was small with bath tub / shower and just enough room for one person. It is an older hotel and shows signs of wear.

The A/C unit in the living/dining area didn’t work well but it was tolerable. I spent most of my time in the bedroom and the A/C worked fine in there. There was also a problem with the key-card door lock. It stopped working during my stay. I was told the battery was dead. I had to go to the front desk twice to get them to let me into my room. I guess they did not believe there was a problem until I returned the second time.

The breakfast buffet has returned. It was simple with only a few selections but sufficient. The breakfast is on the 9th floor of the Lodge building.

The hotel is located on Sukhumvit Soi 8 but is about 1 km from Sukhumvit Road. I know some people complain that it is a long walk but I rather enjoy it. The hotel does provide a Tuk-Tuk to get to the main road but the return trip is tricky to arrange. WiFi is provided free and worked well.

I find the hotel to be a good value for a budget class hotel in Bangkok. The location is good. The buffet breakfast is adequate. The stay was pleasant but not issue free. They do not charge a joiner fee. I will stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Use the Royal Asia web site when checking for rooms. I found the price for the suite was better the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Binan1
Brisbane Oz
Reviewed 12 February 2010

If you enjoy blood and semen stained sheets, multiple cockroach species and poor service; this is the place for you.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo