“The best Italian I've eaten!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rossini's

Rossini's
Ranked #31 of 10,625 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: An award-winning restaurant offering the culinary passion and authenticity of Italy. Enjoy the very finest classic and contemporary Italian cuisine served in a setting of a Tuscan villa.
India
“The best Italian I've eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Probably the best food ever, it certainly was the best Italian I have ever eaten! I'm a teetotaller so I have nothing to say about the wine list. A trip to Bangkok would be incomplete without a meal at Rossini's. The service was good.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMSGS, General Manager at Rossini's, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear ak_41_41,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine at Rossini's and for the time that you taken to share your feedback with us.

It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback and I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed the meal prepared by Chef Paride Noviello and the culinary team. Moreover, I am glad to read that our service team were able to play a part in enhancing your dining experience with us.

We look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
“Delicious but....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Once again that I returned to Rossini's at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Indeed the food was up to its high standard: delicious and delicate. The service might not be so efficient and inattentive but would not want to complain much as it was a really busy night for staffs.

On the contrary, I had noticed that price of wine had gone up significantly, more or less 50% from 2013 for examples Sileni Pinot Noir was THB250 per glass and now THB520, Batasiolo Moscato d'Asti was THB1,200 a bottle and now THB2,000, Burnt Spur Pinot Noir was THB1,400 a bottle and now THB2,000+, and etc. Price went up significantly and surely not because for the rise in alcohol tax in Thailand. Some miss management must have happened. I wish Rossini's can resolve such matter, otherwise, the concept of Primo Vino that they introduced at the beginning of 2013 to have wine selection including wine by glass to be offered similarly to street price would be just a failure and discourage/disappoint customers. Series of rise in price seem to occur during the last few years, from rise of food menu and wine dinner 2012 and 2013 and now 2014 the wine list.

Otherwise, Rossini's is a great restaurant to enjoy a meal.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KwinAun
GMSGS, General Manager at Rossini's, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear KwinAun,

First of all, may I thank you for returning to the Rossini’s at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your meal. However, I am concerned to learn that you were disappointed with the slow and inattentive service and have raised this up to the attention of the Venue Manager to ensure that the appropriate action has been taken to avoid the reoccurrence.

With regards to the wine prices, you may know the government has raised up the excise taxes and as a result, we are obliged to increase our alcohol beverage prices and packages. It is still our intent to offer “wines at cellar prices”. I shall ask our Director of Food & Beverage to again review the pricing to ensure we live up to our motto.

I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to experience the service improvement.

With kind regards,

“Great service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Food was great but what really stood out was the service. We were well taken care of by K.Chattawat from the moment we walked in! Out favorite dish of the night was the risotto with ham and cheese and the limoncello soufflé. At the end of the meal, k.Jirawat came and made sure that we were satisfied. Overall, it was a great meal and we look forward to returning.

3 Thank phantarak2705
Dear phantarak2705,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine at Rossini's and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted to hear of your positive dining experience and will certainly provide the recognition to those individuals mentioned on your review that they deserve. I am sure that they will be delighted to welcoming you back and to servicing you again on your future visits to our award-winning restaurant.

New Delhi, India
“Little italy in bangkok.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

No words for the food no complaints at all. I guess one of the finest places for italian in bangkok. Although this place does not do wood fired pizzas but the other dishes compensate for that.

Visited December 2013
Dear ShantanuRaizada,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine at Rossini's and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed your dining experience at our award-winning restaurant. Your compliments have been shared with the team and they were delighted to know that they had been able to play a part in creating a memorable dining experience for you.

We all look forward to your next visit.

Zurich, Switzerland
“loved everything except my main course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We didn't have a reservation, so we had to wait for 20 min until we could be seated. The amuse bouche was buffala with onion confiture and a cherry tomato and tasted fantastic. For starter I had an aubergine tart, which was amazing as well. The main course I had chosen was a risotto with snapper and lemon. But it was a tomato risotto with asparagus and the fish on top. I didn't like the risotto at all and the fact that the fish was on top gave it a weird consistency. I didn't finish the dish but nobody asked if I liked it. Plus I detected no hint of lemon but a lot of asparagus, which I don't think was in the description. I'm not even sure they brought me the right dish. So I have very mixed feeling about that dinner. I probably would come back but take a safer choice for the main course.

Dear lydiabaenziger,

May I thank you for choosing to dine at Rossini's and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to read that enjoyed your appetizer of the tart of slow-cooked eggplant and amuse bouche. However, I was concerned that the main course of risotto with warm snapper did not meet your expectations. Moreover, please accept my sincerest apologies that our team member did not ask for any feedback regarding your meal. It is far from the normal standards we offer our guests and our Venue Manager has informed to re-brief the team so that such incidents do no re-occur in the future.

I do hope that in spite of your disappointments, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back so that we may try to make amends for the poor impression gained on your recent visit.